Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

LEND up about 15% in 24hrs, nice scalp

Cash out 1/3 now and see how this runs this week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    LEND up about 15% in 24hrs, nice scalp

Cash out 1/3 now and see how this runs this week

Still rising nicely!

Truckermal wrote: »
    Still rising nicely!

Flying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

It's a thousand per center. .For some.I happen to know that project well,it's the real deal. I have no intention to cash out until it hits it's ATH high again.

picked up more LEND on the dip last night.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,496 ✭✭✭✭banie01

grindle wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ethfinance/comments/cso8a4/a_guide_to_defi/

DeFi is...Something you'd probably hate, cos you seem to love centralised government-sponsored versions of things.

Compound is just one more way to leverage and maybe get REEEEKKKKKKKKKT. Owning an array of shítcoins is tough enough work, trading them on an illiquid DEX market//protocol is near suicidal gambling. Will be useful in future once the market hits or hosts trillions, but not now. But some people love gambling. I'm pro-choice but anti-stupidity, so would say don't try to leverage coins that aren't being used (almost all of them).

Grindle, thanks for the link to DeFi explainer!
    I keep meaning to ask, to get my head into something other than hodl, scalp trading and hoping for the best.

Will take a good look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

With regards to DeFi, does not your keys not your coins, not apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

With regards to DeFi, does not your keys not your coins, not apply?

It's a different risk with DeFi insofar as its the integrity of the smart contract and the underlying asset that needs to stand up.

$DGB listed on Binance

$DGB listed on Binance

I'm shocked it pumped so much, probably dump again later..

• Advertisement

I'm shocked it pumped so much, probably dump again later..

Coinbase listing rumoured aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Yep ended up buying at 52 cents, went to Spain for 2 weeks leaving the phone at home thinking this will be over 1 Euro on return... I got some land when I seen it down to 18 cent....:mad:

You were able to buy some land when XRP dropped from 52c to 18c? :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

el diablo wrote: »
    You were able to buy some land when XRP dropped from 52c to 18c? :confused:

Land = shock

Not an Irish man el

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

FFVII wrote: »
    Land = shock

Not an Irish man el

I'm Irish but living overseas. That term is an Irishism that I haven't heard in many years. It was easy to miss it considering the context of the post. :p

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

I remember an airdrop of lend a couple of years ago, it was worth about a tenner... Two years on drum roll it worth about a tenner doh,

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057828253/1/#post105784888

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Tango One wrote: »
    I remember an airdrop of lend a couple of years ago, it was worth about a tenner... Two years on drum roll it worth about a tenner doh,

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057828253/1/#post105784888

Sh1tcoins will always be sh1tcoins

As many have said, they're designed to steal your Bitcoin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Sh1tcoins will always be sh1tcoins

As many have said, they're designed to steal your Bitcoin.

Er?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Anybody holding $LIT? My only cryptocurrency play at the moment.

Kilboor wrote: »
    Anybody holding $LIT? My only cryptocurrency play at the moment.

you mean Litecoin $LTC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

you mean Litecoin $LTC?

Nope I mean Lition.

I'm not as productive in my crypto picks (I sold my btc and eth in 2016 :o ) as stock picks but I like this project.

https://www.lition.io/

https://lition.de/

• Advertisement

nope never heard of it

the listing of $DGB on BINANCE was free, some turnaround from all the mud slinging between Tate and CZ and the listing fee Binance were after

Coinbase were hinting DGB was one of the coins they were looking at listing, so probably a good strategic move by Binance to get in first

Any thoughts on Elrond Erd I dipped in yesterday when it dumped, I'm not sure if I made a good move or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Link having a good day. Presume that's off the back of the China news. Could be the thing that finally gets 5 cracked.

[HTML][/HTML]
    jimmii wrote: »
    Link having a good day. Presume that's off the back of the China news. Could be the thing that finally gets 5 cracked.

Yep and onwards to Twenty!

I'm sure some of you are up to speed with this already but it seems that Paypal may be looking to offer crypto via their platform (and probably Venmo) soon. It's speculation and not confirmed but Coindesk quote 'sources' within the company. Also there are a couple of job listings right now which will be crypto specific hires. Lastly, Jack Dorsey's CashApp has been making headway by offering a bitcoin buy/sell option with its app...so I'm sure Paypal are paying attention to that.

I hate Paypal - but I'd like to see this happen so that 300+ million people can gain exposure to bitcoin. It can help to onboard new users whilst all the while, helping to bed in bitcoin as a permanent fixture.

Once they're onboarded - I'd hope they start to see sense and take their BTC off platform - leaving Paypal for dust!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

[HTML][/HTML]

Yep and onwards to Twenty!

Twenty? That makes my heart go all fluttery!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

One time even the rumour about a rumour of PayPal offering crypto sales within their platforms would have caused a spike in prices, and a load of moon and lambo memes.

I’d say anyone who is interested in bitcoin and shïtcoins is already interested. It’s a bit 2017 to be honest. It’s all about Robinhood and young lads day trading on good old fashioned speculation shares.

One time even the rumour about a rumour of PayPal offering crypto sales within their platforms would have caused a spike in prices, and a load of moon and lambo memes.

I’d say anyone who is interested in bitcoin and shïtcoins is already interested. It’s a bit 2017 to be honest. It’s all about Robinhood and young lads day trading on good old fashioned speculation shares.

to be honest I dont see PP offering anything more than what is already out there

there are plenty on ramps for fiat, but there are still a lot of people who could use it but I dont see the 300m customers of theirs taking it on

I'm registered with PP but I havent used it in a long time and survive without it

if they go down the same route as Revolut and your crypto is locked in on their platform its as much as useless but then again I still know someone who buys crypto on Revolut even though he has a Ledger Nano but says buying on Revolut is so handy, but now has a few bags on there he cant get off without cashing out and paying the fees :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

to be honest I dont see PP offering anything more than what is already out there

there are plenty on ramps for fiat, but there are still a lot of people who could use it but I dont see the 300m customers of theirs taking it on
    I think it would be really significant. Remember through your lens, there are plenty of on-ramps. However, by virtue of the fact you're dabbling quite a bit in crypto, you're not typical of the mass market.

Remember, that a major point of friction in on-boarding people is KYC/AML. People don't want to open new accounts on that basis. 300 million people won't have to if its already an offering on a platform that they're already using.
    Furthermore, we've had years of negative press with regard to crypto scams and hacks. Mass market folk are fearful of that stuff.

If the offering is made through a platform that they trust, then it makes it far easier for that group of people to start to dabble with crypto. If you were to say to a no-coiner that you would accept payment for something in crypto, they would probably resist unless this was their only option. However, if you say it in 6 months from now and they have instant access to crypto via their paypal account, you're likely to face less resistance.

Additionally, CashApp has proven that there is traction to be made with this - as the bitcoin aspect of its business has become an ever greater element of the results its posting each quarter.

I detest Paypal but inadvertently it can serve a greater purpose here (if only temporarily!).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement