Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

jimmii wrote: »
    but only because it will have meant the dollar will have completely crashed.

These are all from non-crypto sources over the last few days.

Bloomberg: Dollar Crash - how will it unfold?
    CNBC: A dollar crash is virtually inevitable, Asia expert Stephen Roach warns
    Bloomberg Opinion: A Crash in the Dollar is Coming

I'm not saying that's happening but if 2020 has taught us anything (with the bonkers money printing, oil going to -$37/barrel, etc), it's healthy to keep an open mind and accept that anything and everything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Yeah theres lots of gloomy predictions knocking about! Hard to see it happening but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I’d say by 2025 the dollar won’t be the world’s reserve currency anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 16,546 ✭✭✭✭banie01

unkel wrote: »
    It's not even worth a cent, why would it go to a dollar? :p

Look what happened with XRP!

That was an epic pump that paid for my triple glazing ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Blowheads wrote: »
    What could be buy for pennies that might make a few Bob in the short term? What everyone like?

Kin, dropped significantly since going into battle with the SEC over its ICO, my target is 1 billion. You could possibly do well with throwing 150 - 200 dollas on it if you had it sitting and were happy to throw it into lava etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

banie01 wrote: »

Yep could have bought that for 2 cents and Kraken kept crashing! Wouldn't I be a wealthy boy now!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,546 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Truckermal wrote: »
    Yep could have bought that for 2 cents and Kraken kept crashing! Wouldn't I be a wealthy boy now!

If memory serves I got into it multiple times at between 0.18 and 0.32, sold out between 1.80 and 2.30.

Made a very tidy little profit on that, but then we hit the current 2.5yrs of lethargy :pac:

If memory serves I got into it multiple times at between 0.18 and 0.32, sold out between 1.80 and 2.30.

Made a very tidy little profit on that, but then we hit the current 2.5yrs of lethargy :pac:

Yep ended up buying at 52 cents, went to Spain for 2 weeks leaving the phone at home thinking this will be over 1 Euro on return... I got some land when I seen it down to 18 cent....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

jimmii wrote: »
    Because sure why not! It's just one getting a lot of attention at the moment with some positive comments coming from the likes of Deloitte and the BSI in Germany so pretty heavy hitters. Feels like it's just flavour of the month but thats often all it takes to really spike. Its pushing its eco credentials and that's obviously something that goes down well too. BYD are already using the system too so that's a pretty big company to have in the eco system.

VET has been shilled hard for years. Always another 'collaboration'. If you want make money invest in defi and tokenization coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

maninasia wrote: »
    Pro tip for traders

Follow the crypto upcoming news. Most crypto investors don't even know what's coming up more than one week in advance.

https://coindar.org/en/search?type=0&text=&start=2020-06-17&end=2024-06-17&tags=&hot=0&rp=0&fav=0&coins=&cap_from=0&cap_to=600000000000&vol_from=0&vol_to=300000000000&ex=&sort=0&order=0

https://coinmarketcal.com/en/

Can see a few juicy ones coming soon.

Augur V2.0
    Cardano Shelley hard fork and staking
    IOTA has some big improvements coming June and July and they are on track as I follow them

Oh look what's that.
    Augur going up. What a surprise . 😎

• Advertisement

$TOMO moving nicely again the last few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Just stacked my weekly dose of corn, feels good.

I'm not delving any more into BTC...I read the other day when the last bull run happened people were experincing up to 3 days to transact a BTC trade and to move it from cold storage to exchange

By that time a lot of people had lost out on highs

If it doesnt break this elusive resistance line it could linger there, if it does I might look again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Another .00000001

Jaysus whoever bought Comp early in the week and sold Today will have a nice weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

maninasia wrote: »
    VET has been shilled hard for years. Always another 'collaboration'. If you want make money invest in defi and tokenization coins.

lol i 'invested' (speculated) in altcoins claiming to the tokenisation of specific things a number of years ago and the ico teams just decided crypto wasn't for them and decided to accept all payments in fiat or bitcoin while putting their own tokens out to pasture:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I'm not delving any more into BTC...I read the other day when the last bull run happened people were experincing up to 3 days to transact a BTC trade and to move it from cold storage to exchange

By that time a lot of people had lost out on highs

If it doesnt break this elusive resistance line it could linger there, if it does I might look again

I'm not worried about catching any tops, I'm in this for the very long term.

we are going to need a lot of patience when the fomo (if the fomo) kicks in as everyone will be trying to cash out at the same time

I think Ledger are now working with coinify so you might be able to trade your BTC while on teh ledger but I doubt the speed is any quicker as the transaction still has to go through the blockchain

• Registered Users Posts: 64,992 ✭✭✭✭unkel

As long as you're the organiser of the exit scam of the sh1tcoin (or very closely behind), you're good :D

just pushed the button on another BTC/TOMO trade, this one did well for me recently so hoping for another few % from it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Is it?

Nah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

JJJJNR wrote: »

Another fecking exchange of tokens so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

What's this Compound (Comp) one absolutely rocketing lately?!

Jumped into a LEND/BTC trade yesterday at 1446 sats, think this one still has more room to grow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

rapul wrote: »
    What's this Compound (Comp) one absolutely rocketing lately?!

It's new and it will be on coinbase soon that's enough to get a lot of people excited be interesting to see where it's at a week or after it gets listed see how it holds up. Guessing a lot of it could be short term ahead of its listing.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Pawinho

Yep, cashout 10% of BTC stack around 80k. Then next 10% between 100-150k and then around 200k if go that high.
    Then chillout, DCA as usual, buy some chunk in next bear market but do not wait for 80-90% correction. This time correction will be shallow after establishment accept BTC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Is there any ELI5 on DeFi and this Compound thing in particular? It’s shot into CMC top 20 at a right old pace. I see the Bitfinex/Tether folk are big fans of it.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Is there any ELI5 on DeFi and this Compound thing in particular? It’s shot into CMC top 20 at a right old pace. I see the Bitfinex/Tether folk are big fans of it.....

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethfinance/comments/cso8a4/a_guide_to_defi/

DeFi is...Something you'd probably hate, cos you seem to love centralised government-sponsored versions of things.

Compound is just one more way to leverage and maybe get REEEEKKKKKKKKKT. Owning an array of shítcoins is tough enough work, trading them on an illiquid DEX market//protocol is near suicidal gambling. Will be useful in future once the market hits or hosts trillions, but not now. But some people love gambling. I'm pro-choice but anti-stupidity, so would say don't try to leverage coins that aren't being used (almost all of them).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement