Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW32+ transfer thread

• 23-06-2020 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I have no captaincy option next week.
    I can not even bring myself to type what I am considering. For a hit :eek:

I won't do it though. Although I have a feeling next week could be FH crazy and this player is the standout captaincy choice. For people who hates themselves enough.

i could then sell him and get Rashford (and maybe son) the following week

Jaysus I am getting tempted :D

No matter what I do over the next few weeks is going to involve a hit to facilitate a rejig I think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Likely banking, unless this young west ham chap resfuses to sign a contract with me as well as his real club.

He was to be my 5th defender, hoped never to be called upon but wish i researched him :D /read the post on the woldcard thread in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

km79 wrote: »
    I have no captaincy option next week.
    I can not even bring myself to type what I am considering. For a hit :eek:

I won't do it though. Although I have a feeling next week could be FH crazy and this player is the standout captaincy choice. For people who hates themselves enough.

i could then sell him and get Rashford (and maybe son) the following week

Jaysus I am getting tempted :D

No matter what I do over the next few weeks is going to involve a hit to facilitate a rejig I think

Auba? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Auba? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Need to move out O'Connell.
    Him and Martial to Doherty/Mount maybe?

Wish I had an extra 0.1 for Sarr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

-8 on the cards for me id say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I know I said it last week but this week if nothing major arises I'm definitely going to bank and have 2 frees for 33+ to move on Auba and Grealish. Son will be incoming if he shows signs he's on form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Vardy out for Rashy hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

Thinking of Vardy to Kane with free transfer. He's due to go up in price tonight I think so going to decide soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

Vardy to Kane done. Going to go for Kane as captain next week as well.

macraignil wrote: »
    Vardy to Kane done. Going to go for Kane as captain next week as well.

He looked good tonight
    I do not like his fixture next week though
    Have a feeling O Connell will be back by then too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,706 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

hoping to bank a FT this week after my WC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Would love Auba but can’t afford him. Don’t think it’s worth a hit. Maybe Pepe in for Son.

Salah and Ings out for Pepe and Auba would be tempting but I can’t. Because I already have Martinez and bloody Guendiuzi!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Salah and Ings out

Clicked on the wrong thread and thought this was team news. I nearly creamed myself as a non Salah owner :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Planning to bank after WC.

Will possibly spring Saka from the bench ahead of a striker (Ings, Jiminez, DCL)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Would love Auba but can’t afford him. Don’t think it’s worth a hit. Maybe Pepe in for Son.

Not sure why you'd get Auba while Arteta is insisting on playing him out on the wing.

One of the best Shots to Goals ratios in the league and yet he's being thrown on the wing limiting his shots taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

callaway92 wrote: »
    Not sure why you'd get Auba while Arteta is insisting on playing him out on the wing.

One of the best Shots to Goals ratios in the league and yet he's being thrown on the wing limiting his shots taken.

He's playing Norwich at home. It's not rocket science.

Dearg81 wrote: »

No need to be like that.

I'm using a constructive argument - I'm trying to help the poster.

Home advantage factor has been significantly reduced over the behind closed doors period in all leagues.

Since the league came back:

Against City he had 2 shots (1 inside the box) - (0 on target)
    Against Brighton he had 7 shots (4 inside the box) - (3 on target)

0.69 xG for the games combined
    Best chance was 0.21 xG

I'd actually avoid Arsenal attack altogether (and there's genuinely far better value in the game than someone playing as a Winger at the moment)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If Auba was guaranteed to start up front then it would be fair enough

But with him out left, he's nowhere near as effective and Arsenal are awful, they create very little

siblers wrote: »
    If Auba was guaranteed to start up front then it would be fair enough

But with him out left, he's nowhere near as effective and Arsenal are awful, they create very little

I needed to read this :D

• Advertisement

Kane in for Aguero

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

mendy and leno out
    martinez and alonso in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Gonna take a -8 to get rid of the DGW players I brought in. The cost of wasting a wildcard in GW37 :o

Leno/Samatta - Martin/Greenwood for the funds

then using the funds to go
    Pukki - Rashford

Leaves me with
    Patricio
    TAA Laporte Doherty (Stevens Egan)
    Mane KDB Fernandes Sarr Grealish
    Rashford Jimenez (Greenwood)

No need to be like that.

I'm using a constructive argument - I'm trying to help the poster.

Home advantage factor has been significantly reduced over the behind closed doors period in all leagues.

Since the league came back:

Against City he had 2 shots (1 inside the box) - (0 on target)
    Against Brighton he had 7 shots (4 inside the box) - (3 on target)

0.69 xG for the games combined
    Best chance was 0.21 xG

I'd actually avoid Arsenal attack altogether (and there's genuinely far better value in the game than someone playing as a Winger at the moment)

I'm not being anything apart from blunt, Norwich are awful. Those stats away to Brighton are actually impressive and although you are right about his position he will be given more licence to come in field against Norwich than he would away at City(I wouldn't even bother looking at those stats). I'm only keeping him for 1 week though as I have a wild card so it's a tougher call for others without that option.

I'm not being anything apart from blunt, Norwich are awful. Those stats away to Brighton are actually impressive and although you are right about his position he will be given more licence to come in field against Norwich than he would away at City(I wouldn't even bother looking at those stats). I'm only keeping him for 1 week though as I have a wild card so it's a tougher call for others without that option.

His stats away to Brighton are not impressive. If he had 4 shots on the box and still such a low xG he was taking low percentage shots.

His stats away to Brighton are not impressive. If he had 4 shots on the box and still such a low xG he was taking low percentage shots.

We'll agree to disagree so. Watching the game, I thought he was a threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

We'll agree to disagree so. Watching the game, I thought he was a threat.

In terms of the xG element of it, that is how it works though. An accumulation of lesser chances.

I have him in my squad already though (free hitted 31 and he wasn’t included), and with Norwich being what they are, I’m heavily considering captaining him. But I don’t think I’d transfer him in for that if I didn’t already have him.

Cheers...it'll save me a hit not bringing him in. I might risk Pepe instead!!...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ritchie replacement, not sure who.

Might go all the way down to a 3.9 and just play DCL or Femenia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

The athletic ran a story a few weeks back about how Auba is actually more effective from the wing statistically

I am veering between taking a hit
    And
    Trusting my pool mids and captaining them against city’s high line ...........
    Will decide after tomorrow nights game .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    I am veering between taking a hit
    And
    Trusting my pool mids and captaining them against city’s high line ...........
    Will decide after tomorrow nights game .....

Yeah I'm considering Mané. Other option is Jimi and as much as I love his consistency, I've no interest in captaining him.

The athletic ran a story a few weeks back about how Auba is actually more effective from the wing statistically

In what sense is he more effective though?

To Arsenal in general and their results have been better? The focus here in the end of the day is goals/assists, and they’re better with him playing as a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

In what sense is he more effective though?

To Arsenal in general and their results have been better? The focus here in the end of the day is goals/assists, and they’re better with him playing as a striker.

'Aubameyang has actually scored most of his goals when playing out on the wing. Not only that but he has a higher rate of goals per 90 when starting wide on the left.'

Xg is very similar too. Marginally better up top.

'Aubameyang has actually scored most of his goals when playing out on the wing. Not only that but he has a higher rate of goals per 90 when starting wide on the left.'

Xg is very similar too. Marginally better up top.

Curious on sample size too tbh.

Scoring more goals out on the wing makes sense if he has played far more out there. Also, he may have had more penalties etc (around .77xG) while playing out on the wing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rikand wrote: »
    Vardy out for Rashy hopefully

Pity I didnt just stick with rashford on my wildcard. Oh well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Is Traore the best midfield option under 6 million now? I kind of want him this week but all these Portuguese lads that I don't know that well but also appear to be wingers make me worried that he won't be a regular.

Curious on sample size too tbh.

Scoring more goals out on the wing makes sense if he has played far more out there. Also, he may have had more penalties etc (around .77xG) while playing out on the wing
    They said he's played 28% on the left and averages 0.83 goals there which is much higher than when he plays central. He also gets 5.8 touches in the box which is more than he got centrally. It's based on all the games he's played since joining them.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

Deleted

They said he's played 28% on the left and averages 0.83 goals there which is much higher than when he plays central. He also gets 5.8 touches in the box which is more than he got centrally. It's based on all the games he's played since joining them.

Must check that out tomorrow so.

Some of the writers for the Athletic use the data from my workplace (Opta data) so that’s an interesting one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

CSF wrote: »
    Is Traore the best midfield option under 6 million now? I kind of want him this week but all these Portuguese lads that I don't know that well but also appear to be wingers make me worried that he won't be a regular.

Seems to be either early subbed or brought on around the 60 min mark.

For me I think Saint Maxim is worth a good punt, Newcastle playing with a lot more freedom & no relegation threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Which one would you go with for gw32?

1) Vardy, Grealish out, - Kane, Foden in

2) Grealish, Williams (utd) out, - Foden, AWB in

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

CSF wrote: »

I've had him for a fair while now and he's an absolute pain to own because Wolves have two formations and he doesn't start in one. If he was a guaranteed starter then yes, but his unreliability in terms of starts and injury has me likely moving away from him this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,706 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Which one would you go with for gw32?

1) Vardy, Grealish out, - Kane, Foden in

2) Grealish, Williams (utd) out, - Foden, AWB in

2nd option looks better but why so eager to get Foden in, will he start for you most weeks? I'd go for someone cheaper if they'll be on the bench most weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

2nd option looks better but why so eager to get Foden in, will he start for you most weeks? I'd go for someone cheaper if they'll be on the bench most weeks.

City have incredibly nice fixtures coming up after liverpool game, he is bound to get goals in every 2nd one of them sort of thing. But yeah ideally id bring in Mahrez if had the cash :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭Shedite27

City have incredibly nice fixtures coming up after liverpool game, he is bound to get goals in every 2nd one of them sort of thing. But yeah ideally id bring in Mahrez if had the cash :(

I'm gonna get Foden in after the Liverpool game too, reckon he'll get a lot of playing time for the last few weeks.
    A Man City attacking midfielder for 5.1m, with 1% ownership, for the following fixtures? Yes please!
    sou, NEW, bri, BOU, wat, NOR

Perfect 5th Mid

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm gonna get Foden in after the Liverpool game too, reckon he'll get a lot of playing time for the last few weeks.
    A Man City attacking midfielder for 5.1m, with 1% ownership, for the following fixtures? Yes please!
    sou, NEW, bri, BOU, wat, NOR

Perfect 5th Mid

A Foden/Greenwood rotating combo?

*strokes chin*

Interesting

Pepe in for Son for a 1 week punt. Worth the punt? Have to take risks with main rival being so far ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Trey13

Pepe in for Son for a 1 week punt. Worth the punt? Have to take risks with main rival being so far ahead.

I’m not sure. I think Son plays close to 90 minutes whereas Pepe might not even start. I was toying with removing Son but his assist on Tuesday has done enough to stay in for another few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Trey13 wrote: »
    I’m not sure. I think Son plays close to 90 minutes whereas Pepe might not even start. I was toying with removing Son but his assist on Tuesday has done enough to stay in for another few weeks.

Pepé will definitely start vs Norwich. It's the games where Arsenal need midfielders tracking back that he will be rested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement