Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW32+ transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

WD_Raceway wrote: »
    Wildcard time and set me up for the rest.

currently rank 756 so a lot at stake LOL

Matinez Pope

TAA Doherty Bellerin Holgate Justin
    Mane Martial Fernandes Grealish Saint-M
    Kane Jimenez Calvet-L

Really not sure at all think i going too punty.

Thoughts?

Nice rank, well done getting that high up. Everyone will probably tell you to ditch Kane but if he is your punt then go for it, that first goal will do his confidence good and he will play every minute probably. I'd ditch Bellerin though, there is much better options there, maybe Digne or a united defender. Also Grealish is playing poorly now so I'd change him too, I think Pulisic is the best option under 7mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Thinking of dumping Grealish for a hit. Either Pogba or Martial, worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Nice rank, well done getting that high up. Everyone will probably tell you to ditch Kane but if he is your punt then go for it, that first goal will do his confidence good and he will play every minute probably. I'd ditch Bellerin though, there is much better options there, maybe Digne or a united defender. Also Grealish is playing poorly now so I'd change him too, I think Pulisic is the best option under 7mil.

I liked what I seen from Knae the last night tbh......I would also keep him now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Green&Red wrote: »

I think double up on UTD attack is just 1 game too soon (Brighton have proved to be decent in the last 2 games)

I sold grealish for Foden and then got Wan Bissaka, if you look at rest of UTD fixtures there are tons of clean sheets there plus he does venture forward more often vs weak teams

Dearg81 wrote: »

How and where did Pulisic play last night? I need to start trying to get ahead of the curve with one or two players.

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    Not ahead of Brighton away . And with a cup game before that . Wait

km79 wrote: »
    How and where did Pulisic play last night? I need to start trying to get ahead of the curve with one or two players.

Left winger.

He seems sharp since the restart, very likely to play more games and has good run coming up

Left winger.

He seems sharp since the restart, very likely to play more games and has good run coming up

Thanks the question I need to ask myself is whether I want another rotation risk and more importantly do i want Rashford from gw 33 on. If I do I need to bank the transfer and hope neither him or Grealish price change before then.......If I go ahead with transfer I can not get Rashford with selling Mane or Salah before Villa at home which I will not be doing!
    Jota has to go at some stage. Dead weight and taking up a wolves spot that could be put to better use

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Was just looking at getting him in myself

Downgrade Ritchie and upgrade Sarr

Thanks the question I need to ask myself is whether I want another rotation risk and more importantly do i want Rashford from gw 33 on. If I do I need to bank the transfer and hope neither him or Grealish price change before then.......If I go ahead with transfer I can not get Rashford with selling Mane or Salah before Villa at home which I will not be doing!
    Jota has to go at some stage. Dead weight and taking up a wolves spot that could be put to better use

I think a switch to 4 defenders is in order, striker options are very poor beyond rashford and jiminez.

Do get Rashford - he is class. him and martial got gr8 link up going on, both are sharp and young and want to get some goals

i wouldnt go with any chelsea players, they have rotation going on and they dont seem like a team that will be winning 3-0 or 4-0...

• Advertisement

I think a switch to 4 defenders is in order, striker options are very poor beyond rashford and jiminez.

Do get Rashford - he is class. him and martial got gr8 link up going on, both are sharp and young and want to get some goals

i wouldnt go with any chelsea players, they have rotation going on and they dont seem like a team that will be winning 3-0 or 4-0...

Thanks yeah I need to make every transfer count and need players nailed on for rest of season. Chelseas last 2 fixtures are stink too.
    Think I will stick with the plan . And I miscalculated as well. I have .3 to spare on price changes . Grealish looks like dropping tonight though so may just go ahead and get a 4.4 mid in
    Prob back to Hayden!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Currently back to my unlimited transfer team which is this:

Nyland (Leno)
    Egan Stevens Doherty (Lundstram, Gomez)
    Saka Mahrez Grealish KDB (McGinn)
    Auba Jimenez Rashford

Already made 1 transfer taking out Aguero and putting in Jimenez. Obviously not an ideal team going forward, trying to work out if hits are worth it this week. Not worried about team value at the moment. Don't really like the fixtures this week and I am not seeing what players are guarantees to cover potential hits!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Have to start taking a few risks in my h2h league so I'm nearly set on leno and grealish out for pogba and ddg. Want salah instead of sterling but I think I will wait a week rather than taking the hit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Team is not looking too pretty this week, but that was always part of the plan with a BB in 30, FH in 31, ride this week out and then WC in 33.

Could WC now, but with City vs Liverpool it doesn't seem like good timing. I'm hoping and sort of expecting that this will be a lower scoring week and that I only lose 10 points or so to my rivals.

Will take Aguero out for Jiminez.

Then it's a question of whether I want to take a -4 for a one week punt. Could do Martial in for Cantwell or Rashford in for Samatta. Thoughts? A hit for literally just one week doesn't seem smart, but there is the potential for a bit of a haul from those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Morzadec wrote: »
    Team is not looking too pretty this week, but that was always part of the plan with a BB in 30, FH in 31, ride this week out and then WC in 33.

Could WC now, but with City vs Liverpool it doesn't seem like good timing. I'm hoping and sort of expecting that this will be a lower scoring week and that I only lose 10 points or so to my rivals.

Then it's a question of whether I want to take a -4 for a one week punt. Could do Martial in for Cantwell or Rashford in for Samatta. Thoughts? A hit for literally just one week doesn't seem smart, but there is the potential for a bit of a haul from those two.

Depends on the rest of our team. Cantwell and Samatta might not start, so its probably worth a go

A hit for a united player is out of the question this week imo
    1. They play a game before their FPL game so could get injured
    2. If the player starts FA cup and has started the 2 previous league games then rotation is inevitable
    3. Brighton away is not an easy game . They are fighting for their lives , defending well and in good form

Yeah will most likely leave it, you're waiting on one return just to break even.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'm in the same boat as you - BB30, FH31, crap team 32, WC33

I'd hold the WC, as with the FA cup and Man City v Liverpool its hard to see how this week plays out.

I've brought in Kane for Aguero as he has no cup game and 9 days between matches. I'm not taking any hits because they would be for Man U or Chelsea players who have to play in the Cup first. It's asking for trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Left winger.

I think he's a very streaky player so you need to get him in at the right time, he should be first choice now but I'd expect him to be rested once or twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Looking at a -4 and then bench boosting

Grealish, Jota and DeGea out. Saka, Rashford and Martinez in. Exact funds.

Would give me:

McCarthy Martinez
    Boly TAA Holgate Lundstram Maguire
    Saka KDB Salah Sarr Bruno
    Auba Rashford DCL

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »

Would give me:

McCarthy Martinez
    Auba Rashford DCL

There is a chance mccarthy could be dropped after his howler. Also a chance Auba could be rested along with few others who have difficult FA cup tie. Rest of team looks very decent

There is a chance mccarthy could be dropped after his howler. Also a chance Auba could be rested along with few others who have difficult FA cup tie. Rest of team looks very decent
    I just want to use BB at this stage. Games coming thick and fast, most gameweeks you're not going to 15 starters anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Current team is
    Pope McCarthy
    TAA Saiss Taylor Dann O'Connell
    Salah KdB Martial Grealish Cantwell
    PEA Jimi DCL

Scored highly this GW with 102. Lot of luck though and not happy with the team. Have 2 FTS. 0 in the bank.

O'Connell, Dann, Grealish, PEA all on the chopping block.
    Have to keep and captain PEA though I think.

I'd like Doherty, Sarr, Traore, maybe Mount and Kane but no idea what to do or who to get in. Might be better to just swap O'Connell for another 4.6 def and roll 1 transfer. Any advice?

I just want to use BB at this stage. Games coming thick and fast, most gameweeks you're not going to 15 starters anyway.

Know how you feel. I triple captained Debruyne for DGW there just to get rid of the chip as i also had a feeling that rotation will come etc. Had a feeling he wont start both games also.

Would give me:

McCarthy Martinez
    Auba Rashford DCL

Its a bad week for a bench boost imo given the amount of your squad that have cup games

Its a bad week for a bench boost imo given the amount of your squad that have cup games
    games are coming think and fast in any case. I don't think there'll be any 'good' gw to use it. I kind of feel most if not all of Bruno/Rashford/Auba/Maguire may start on bench for FA cup games. Anyway I think my mind's set. Just waiting for all team news to come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Would give me:

McCarthy Martinez
    Auba Rashford DCL

I've the BB left too and looking to deploy it in GW33. It feels like a heavy weight atm with a rounded 15.

Yours gives a nicer balance going forward which makes the hit more bearable.
    If you did KDB to Martial to save hit?, Grealish plays against Boly....

The FA cup games are a definite wrinkle but I'd probably cross my fingers and do it.

Benimar wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you - BB30, FH31, crap team 32, WC33

I'd hold the WC, as with the FA cup and Man City v Liverpool its hard to see how this week plays out.

I've brought in Kane for Aguero as he has no cup game and 9 days between matches. I'm not taking any hits because they would be for Man U or Chelsea players who have to play in the Cup first. It's asking for trouble.

Kane is an interesting shout, on to consider - do you have Jimi already?

Think I have to go Jimi over Kane tbh, but let's see what happens in the FA Cup

ElTel wrote: »
    If you did KDB to Martial to save hit?
    much prefer Rashford to Martial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Current team is
    Pope McCarthy
    TAA Saiss Taylor Dann O'Connell
    Salah KdB Martial Grealish Cantwell
    PEA Jimi DCL

Scored highly this GW with 102. Lot of luck though and not happy with the team. Have 2 FTS. 0 in the bank.

O'Connell, Dann, Grealish, PEA all on the chopping block.
    Have to keep and captain PEA though I think.

I'd like Doherty, Sarr, Traore, maybe Mount and Kane but no idea what to do or who to get in. Might be better to just swap O'Connell for another 4.6 def and roll 1 transfer. Any advice?

If you want three Wolves go now. Grealish to Traore and save.
    Try and get a latest on O'Connell, you could get his stand in for 4M or any fodder to free up funds.

Saiss on 9 YCs so could be protected this week. Make sure Dann is fit.

Advertisement