Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

GW32+ transfer thread

  • 23-06-2020 5:57pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 47,771 ✭✭✭✭ km79


    I have no captaincy option next week.
    I can not even bring myself to type what I am considering. For a hit :eek:

    I won't do it though. Although I have a feeling next week could be FH crazy and this player is the standout captaincy choice. For people who hates themselves enough.

    i could then sell him and get Rashford (and maybe son) the following week

    Jaysus I am getting tempted :D

    No matter what I do over the next few weeks is going to involve a hit to facilitate a rejig I think


«1345

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭ shineon23


    Likely banking, unless this young west ham chap resfuses to sign a contract with me as well as his real club.

    He was to be my 5th defender, hoped never to be called upon but wish i researched him :D /read the post on the woldcard thread in time.


  • Registered Users Posts: 42,030 ✭✭✭✭ Scorpion Sting


    km79 wrote: »
    I have no captaincy option next week.
    I can not even bring myself to type what I am considering. For a hit :eek:

    I won't do it though. Although I have a feeling next week could be FH crazy and this player is the standout captaincy choice. For people who hates themselves enough.

    i could then sell him and get Rashford (and maybe son) the following week

    Jaysus I am getting tempted :D

    No matter what I do over the next few weeks is going to involve a hit to facilitate a rejig I think

    Auba? :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 47,771 ✭✭✭✭ km79


    Auba? :pac:



  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭ Porthallian


    Need to move out O'Connell.
    Him and Martial to Doherty/Mount maybe?

    Wish I had an extra 0.1 for Sarr.


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭ dahat


    -8 on the cards for me id say.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,030 ✭✭✭✭ Scorpion Sting


    I know I said it last week but this week if nothing major arises I'm definitely going to bank and have 2 frees for 33+ to move on Auba and Grealish. Son will be incoming if he shows signs he's on form.


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,650 ✭✭✭✭ Rikand


    Vardy out for Rashy hopefully


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭ macraignil


    Thinking of Vardy to Kane with free transfer. He's due to go up in price tonight I think so going to decide soon.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭ macraignil


    Vardy to Kane done. Going to go for Kane as captain next week as well.


  • Registered Users Posts: 47,771 ✭✭✭✭ km79


    macraignil wrote: »
    Vardy to Kane done. Going to go for Kane as captain next week as well.

    He looked good tonight
    I do not like his fixture next week though
    Have a feeling O Connell will be back by then too


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭ dr.kenneth noisewater


    hoping to bank a FT this week after my WC


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭ sheroman01


    Would love Auba but can’t afford him. Don’t think it’s worth a hit. Maybe Pepe in for Son.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭ sheroman01


    Salah and Ings out for Pepe and Auba would be tempting but I can’t. Because I already have Martinez and bloody Guendiuzi!!!


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭ Shanotheslayer


    sheroman01 wrote: »
    Salah and Ings out

    Clicked on the wrong thread and thought this was team news. I nearly creamed myself as a non Salah owner :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭ Cartman78


    Planning to bank after WC.

    Will possibly spring Saka from the bench ahead of a striker (Ings, Jiminez, DCL)


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭ callaway92


    sheroman01 wrote: »
    Would love Auba but can’t afford him. Don’t think it’s worth a hit. Maybe Pepe in for Son.

    Not sure why you'd get Auba while Arteta is insisting on playing him out on the wing.

    One of the best Shots to Goals ratios in the league and yet he's being thrown on the wing limiting his shots taken.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭ Dearg81


    callaway92 wrote: »
    Not sure why you'd get Auba while Arteta is insisting on playing him out on the wing.

    One of the best Shots to Goals ratios in the league and yet he's being thrown on the wing limiting his shots taken.

    He's playing Norwich at home. It's not rocket science.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭ callaway92


    Dearg81 wrote: »
    He's playing Norwich at home. It's not rocket science.

    No need to be like that.

    I'm using a constructive argument - I'm trying to help the poster.

    Home advantage factor has been significantly reduced over the behind closed doors period in all leagues.


    Since the league came back:

    Against City he had 2 shots (1 inside the box) - (0 on target)
    Against Brighton he had 7 shots (4 inside the box) - (3 on target)

    0.69 xG for the games combined
    Best chance was 0.21 xG

    I'd actually avoid Arsenal attack altogether (and there's genuinely far better value in the game than someone playing as a Winger at the moment)


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,825 ✭✭✭✭ siblers


    Dearg81 wrote: »
    He's playing Norwich at home. It's not rocket science.

    If Auba was guaranteed to start up front then it would be fair enough

    But with him out left, he's nowhere near as effective and Arsenal are awful, they create very little


  • Registered Users Posts: 47,771 ✭✭✭✭ km79


    siblers wrote: »
    If Auba was guaranteed to start up front then it would be fair enough

    But with him out left, he's nowhere near as effective and Arsenal are awful, they create very little

    I needed to read this :D


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭ paddyg91


    Kane in for Aguero


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ ThewhiteJesus


    mendy and leno out
    martinez and alonso in


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭ Shedite27


    Gonna take a -8 to get rid of the DGW players I brought in. The cost of wasting a wildcard in GW37 :o

    Leno/Samatta - Martin/Greenwood for the funds

    then using the funds to go
    Pukki - Rashford

    Leaves me with
    Patricio
    TAA Laporte Doherty (Stevens Egan)
    Mane KDB Fernandes Sarr Grealish
    Rashford Jimenez (Greenwood)


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭ Dearg81


    callaway92 wrote: »
    No need to be like that.

    I'm using a constructive argument - I'm trying to help the poster.

    Home advantage factor has been significantly reduced over the behind closed doors period in all leagues.


    Since the league came back:

    Against City he had 2 shots (1 inside the box) - (0 on target)
    Against Brighton he had 7 shots (4 inside the box) - (3 on target)

    0.69 xG for the games combined
    Best chance was 0.21 xG

    I'd actually avoid Arsenal attack altogether (and there's genuinely far better value in the game than someone playing as a Winger at the moment)

    I'm not being anything apart from blunt, Norwich are awful. Those stats away to Brighton are actually impressive and although you are right about his position he will be given more licence to come in field against Norwich than he would away at City(I wouldn't even bother looking at those stats). I'm only keeping him for 1 week though as I have a wild card so it's a tougher call for others without that option.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭ callaway92


    Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm not being anything apart from blunt, Norwich are awful. Those stats away to Brighton are actually impressive and although you are right about his position he will be given more licence to come in field against Norwich than he would away at City(I wouldn't even bother looking at those stats). I'm only keeping him for 1 week though as I have a wild card so it's a tougher call for others without that option.

    His stats away to Brighton are not impressive. If he had 4 shots on the box and still such a low xG he was taking low percentage shots.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭ Dearg81


    callaway92 wrote: »
    His stats away to Brighton are not impressive. If he had 4 shots on the box and still such a low xG he was taking low percentage shots.

    We'll agree to disagree so. Watching the game, I thought he was a threat.


  • Registered Users Posts: 31,209 ✭✭✭✭ CSF


    Dearg81 wrote: »
    We'll agree to disagree so. Watching the game, I thought he was a threat.

    In terms of the xG element of it, that is how it works though. An accumulation of lesser chances.

    I have him in my squad already though (free hitted 31 and he wasn’t included), and with Norwich being what they are, I’m heavily considering captaining him. But I don’t think I’d transfer him in for that if I didn’t already have him.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭ sheroman01


    callaway92 wrote: »
    Not sure why you'd get Auba while Arteta is insisting on playing him out on the wing.

    One of the best Shots to Goals ratios in the league and yet he's being thrown on the wing limiting his shots taken.

    Cheers...it'll save me a hit not bringing him in. I might risk Pepe instead!!...


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ ThunbergsAreGo


    Ritchie replacement, not sure who.

    Might go all the way down to a 3.9 and just play DCL or Femenia


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭ shatners bassoon


    The athletic ran a story a few weeks back about how Auba is actually more effective from the wing statistically


Advertisement