Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW32+ transfer thread

• 23-06-2020 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭

I have no captaincy option next week.
    I can not even bring myself to type what I am considering. For a hit :eek:

I won't do it though. Although I have a feeling next week could be FH crazy and this player is the standout captaincy choice. For people who hates themselves enough.

i could then sell him and get Rashford (and maybe son) the following week

Jaysus I am getting tempted :D

No matter what I do over the next few weeks is going to involve a hit to facilitate a rejig I think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Likely banking, unless this young west ham chap resfuses to sign a contract with me as well as his real club.

He was to be my 5th defender, hoped never to be called upon but wish i researched him :D /read the post on the woldcard thread in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

km79 wrote: »
    I have no captaincy option next week.
    I can not even bring myself to type what I am considering. For a hit :eek:

I won't do it though. Although I have a feeling next week could be FH crazy and this player is the standout captaincy choice. For people who hates themselves enough.

i could then sell him and get Rashford (and maybe son) the following week

Jaysus I am getting tempted :D

No matter what I do over the next few weeks is going to involve a hit to facilitate a rejig I think

Auba? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Auba? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Need to move out O'Connell.
    Him and Martial to Doherty/Mount maybe?

Wish I had an extra 0.1 for Sarr.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat

-8 on the cards for me id say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I know I said it last week but this week if nothing major arises I'm definitely going to bank and have 2 frees for 33+ to move on Auba and Grealish. Son will be incoming if he shows signs he's on form.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Vardy out for Rashy hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Thinking of Vardy to Kane with free transfer. He's due to go up in price tonight I think so going to decide soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Vardy to Kane done. Going to go for Kane as captain next week as well.

macraignil wrote: »
    Vardy to Kane done. Going to go for Kane as captain next week as well.

He looked good tonight
    I do not like his fixture next week though
    Have a feeling O Connell will be back by then too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

hoping to bank a FT this week after my WC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Would love Auba but can’t afford him. Don’t think it’s worth a hit. Maybe Pepe in for Son.

Salah and Ings out for Pepe and Auba would be tempting but I can’t. Because I already have Martinez and bloody Guendiuzi!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Salah and Ings out

Clicked on the wrong thread and thought this was team news. I nearly creamed myself as a non Salah owner :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Planning to bank after WC.

Will possibly spring Saka from the bench ahead of a striker (Ings, Jiminez, DCL)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Would love Auba but can’t afford him. Don’t think it’s worth a hit. Maybe Pepe in for Son.

Not sure why you'd get Auba while Arteta is insisting on playing him out on the wing.

One of the best Shots to Goals ratios in the league and yet he's being thrown on the wing limiting his shots taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

callaway92 wrote: »
    Not sure why you'd get Auba while Arteta is insisting on playing him out on the wing.

One of the best Shots to Goals ratios in the league and yet he's being thrown on the wing limiting his shots taken.

He's playing Norwich at home. It's not rocket science.

Dearg81 wrote: »

No need to be like that.

I'm using a constructive argument - I'm trying to help the poster.

Home advantage factor has been significantly reduced over the behind closed doors period in all leagues.

Since the league came back:

Against City he had 2 shots (1 inside the box) - (0 on target)
    Against Brighton he had 7 shots (4 inside the box) - (3 on target)

0.69 xG for the games combined
    Best chance was 0.21 xG

I'd actually avoid Arsenal attack altogether (and there's genuinely far better value in the game than someone playing as a Winger at the moment)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If Auba was guaranteed to start up front then it would be fair enough

But with him out left, he's nowhere near as effective and Arsenal are awful, they create very little

siblers wrote: »
    If Auba was guaranteed to start up front then it would be fair enough

But with him out left, he's nowhere near as effective and Arsenal are awful, they create very little

I needed to read this :D

• Advertisement

Kane in for Aguero

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

mendy and leno out
    martinez and alonso in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Gonna take a -8 to get rid of the DGW players I brought in. The cost of wasting a wildcard in GW37 :o

Leno/Samatta - Martin/Greenwood for the funds

then using the funds to go
    Pukki - Rashford

Leaves me with
    Patricio
    TAA Laporte Doherty (Stevens Egan)
    Mane KDB Fernandes Sarr Grealish
    Rashford Jimenez (Greenwood)

No need to be like that.

I'm using a constructive argument - I'm trying to help the poster.

Home advantage factor has been significantly reduced over the behind closed doors period in all leagues.

Since the league came back:

Against City he had 2 shots (1 inside the box) - (0 on target)
    Against Brighton he had 7 shots (4 inside the box) - (3 on target)

0.69 xG for the games combined
    Best chance was 0.21 xG

I'd actually avoid Arsenal attack altogether (and there's genuinely far better value in the game than someone playing as a Winger at the moment)

I'm not being anything apart from blunt, Norwich are awful. Those stats away to Brighton are actually impressive and although you are right about his position he will be given more licence to come in field against Norwich than he would away at City(I wouldn't even bother looking at those stats). I'm only keeping him for 1 week though as I have a wild card so it's a tougher call for others without that option.

I'm not being anything apart from blunt, Norwich are awful. Those stats away to Brighton are actually impressive and although you are right about his position he will be given more licence to come in field against Norwich than he would away at City(I wouldn't even bother looking at those stats). I'm only keeping him for 1 week though as I have a wild card so it's a tougher call for others without that option.

His stats away to Brighton are not impressive. If he had 4 shots on the box and still such a low xG he was taking low percentage shots.

His stats away to Brighton are not impressive. If he had 4 shots on the box and still such a low xG he was taking low percentage shots.

We'll agree to disagree so. Watching the game, I thought he was a threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,808 ✭✭✭✭CSF

We'll agree to disagree so. Watching the game, I thought he was a threat.

In terms of the xG element of it, that is how it works though. An accumulation of lesser chances.

I have him in my squad already though (free hitted 31 and he wasn’t included), and with Norwich being what they are, I’m heavily considering captaining him. But I don’t think I’d transfer him in for that if I didn’t already have him.

Cheers...it'll save me a hit not bringing him in. I might risk Pepe instead!!...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ritchie replacement, not sure who.

Might go all the way down to a 3.9 and just play DCL or Femenia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

The athletic ran a story a few weeks back about how Auba is actually more effective from the wing statistically

Advertisement