Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I listen to a few podcasts recorded in different locations and it's pretty obvious they were in different places. But the sound quality on SC has been excellent, you'd completely forget the lads are recording from different locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

You wonder will Andy Lee be hurrying back to the studio anytime soon. There could be a few uncomfortable questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,453 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Arghus wrote: »
    You wonder will Andy Lee be hurrying back to the studio anytime soon. There could be a few uncomfortable questions.

Boxing has a lot of uncomfortable questions to answer and all I see with the sport is it getting further dragged into the mire. One wonders whose ultimate responsibility the running of the sport is and why things have gone this far. Would be a good piece on SC

• Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Was thinking the same today...

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

The Kinahan involvement is a scandal.

Andy Lee doesn’t seem like the type who’d worry about avoiding the pod for that reason. I wouldn’t say he takes the odd podcast in any way as seriously as he takes boxing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Raisins wrote: »

Andy Lee doesn’t seem like the type who’d worry about avoiding the pod for that reason. I wouldn’t say he takes the odd podcast in any way as seriously as he takes boxing.

Well there's definitely an interesting conversation to be had next time he's on...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Raisins wrote: »

Cant see Andy appearing on SC or OTB as long as he involved with training Fury. Cant imagine he wants to be talking about DK and its going to have to be brought up if he is on. Its a pity as he's a great contributor to both

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

He will brush it off saying nothing to do with him, he is only at the training end of the things, promoters and the money are not in his brief etc etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Andy lee will definitely be on OFTB... they give out about gambling in sport and still have the “paddy power football hour” ..... I think they can do both Andy Lee and criticism of Kinihan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭The Davestator

kilns wrote: »
    He will brush it off saying nothing to do with him, he is only at the training end of the things, promoters and the money are not in his brief etc etc etc etc

He'd be right too. It's up to the various police forces and governments to lock Kinahan up.

• Advertisement

He'd be right too. It's up to the various police forces and governments to lock Kinahan up.

But no personal responsibility in who you choose to work with or be associated with?

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭blackwave

dulpit wrote: »
    But no personal responsibility in who you choose to work with or be associated with?

I agree here to a point but mtk have a such a stranglehold on Irish boxing it's hard to avoid them. He should still have to answer awkward questions though and deservedly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Kinahan has bought and sold his way to his current position. To bring him down would require the cooperation of the ME police forces. Unfortunately they are in hock to the dollars that this fight will deliver, marking them out as no different to any major fight promoter of the last 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I think Ken needs a chill pill ? The lockdown had done him no favours.... maybe they broadcast a weekly session with Richie ? See what’s at the core of Ken’s RAGE !!! And if it can be soothed.....Otherwise I don’t think contributors will continue to appear on the show.... I know for a fact Marcotti refuses to be on the show with Ken after their last “verbal bust up”

Only got around to listening to the Jonathan Wilson WC66 podcast today. Wow.. I'd be shocked if he ever agrees to speak to Ken again! Maybe they'll just have Eoin speak to him in future? Haha... WTF you talking about?!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

kilns wrote: »

If the lads were to let him away with such an answer I'd be surprised/disgusted. They wouldn't have Rory Best on to promote his book last year, because he refused to answer questions about the Paddy Jackson trial. No different than letting Lee dodge the question of his indirect connection to murdering, drug pushing scum like Daniel Kinahan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Beersmith

They and Lee might have to be careful though as these are ultimately unproven crimes right?

Beersmith wrote: »
    They and Lee might have to be careful though as these are ultimately unproven crimes right?

The gardai have given evidence in the high court that Kinehan is the leader of the Kinehan Cartel, so I think they're on solid ground to report on that element.

Andy lee will definitely be on OFTB... they give out about gambling in sport and still have the “paddy power football hour” ..... I think they can do both Andy Lee and criticism of Kinihan

OFTB is a joke of a show nowadays, theyd do anything to bring listeners in. I just saw they are doing their Mount Rushmore of every county came to Kilkenny and didnt put Cody or Shefflin in but put in a rugby player from the 70s/80s, horse trainer and camoige player, clickbait of the highest order.

Sorry this is a SC thread

If the lads were to let him away with such an answer I'd be surprised/disgusted. They wouldn't have Rory Best on to promote his book last year, because he refused to answer questions about the Paddy Jackson trial. No different than letting Lee dodge the question of his indirect connection to murdering, drug pushing scum like Daniel Kinahan.

Andy is a "friend of the show" for a long long time, Best isnt.

But I wouldnt expect them to let him off lightly but I expect it would be brushed off by Lee, from his point of view if he continues to work with Fury he doesnt want to say anything thats going to piss off a very dangerous man

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

516587.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

Andy Lee advocated for abortion in Ireland.

The guy has no ability to make any moral judgment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Stephen A Smith

Along with the majority of the population?

Weird post. Extremely weird thing to post about.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Sure, lookit, you're entitled to your absolutely daft opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Maybe it's a lockdown thing, but the amount of times Murph says "y'know" in a Ger Gilroy-length question is beginning to get to me.

I hope DOD keeps a weekly or twice weekly podcast up, even on it's own feed. Going to miss it when it's gone. It's great having a short funny podcast to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Got tired of the DOD pod now and stopped listening the last two weeks. It got very repetitive. 5 times a week is a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Think the DOD podcast was better when it was just him rambling away, there's too many specific segments now

Cienciano wrote: »
    I hope DOD keeps a weekly or twice weekly podcast up, even on it's own feed. Going to miss it when it's gone. It's great having a short funny podcast to listen to.

I was going to say this too. He's being very clear that he's going to stop dead on 29th June, but if comedy clubs can't open up properly maybe he'd keep going in some manner? Or launch his own independent one?

RedRochey wrote: »
    Think the DOD podcast was better when it was just him rambling away, there's too many specific segments now

I like the segments. Say My Name is great!

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote: »
    I was going to say this too. He's being very clear that he's going to stop dead on 29th June, but if comedy clubs can't open up properly maybe he'd keep going in some manner? Or launch his own independent one?

If he did it'd be independent I reckon. Twice a week at 20 minutes would suit it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement