Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I heard Fame by David Bowie on the radio a while ago, and all I think during it was 'He's just a crying big baby' 'Where did you get it all wrong today' 'You wanted victory' and 'COACH!' in various pitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Basically all of that Kilmarnock rant is never far from my thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

deisedude wrote: »
    I keep calling my newborn son "A crying big baby" in a Nigerian accent :D

My son is one year old and I can’t believe I’ve never used that on him. Will start now

I do tell him his food is “the best thing in the world. Full of proooh-teen” though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

"These are the types of questions you should be asking...when we're live."
    "Oh we are live now"
    "We're not live now?"
    "Yeah we're live, there you are on televishion!"
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Any sort of half bad tackle made at a match I'm at "send him off, send the gravedigger off..." "That's just typical of what he is..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Still Ill

franglan wrote: »
    Any sort of half bad tackle made at a match I'm at "send him off, send the gravedigger off..." "That's just typical of what he is..."

Isn't it 'dirty git' rather than gravedigger? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Raoul wrote: »
    To be fair to David Sneyd, it seems like Ken feels the exact same. It is like he doesn't really even want to watch the games but has to just for work.

The older you get the more you realise watching a football match on TV the more of a complete waste of time it is.
    It's meant to be entertainment but the vast majority of football matches are dull.
    The more matches you watch the more dull ones you get to see. What's the point after a while?
    Much easier talk about the drama, the managers spats, the transfer "speculation" the never ending nonsense that goes on around the PL in particular.

When you are younger and have more time, can have a few pints with a few mates in the pub while you watch, it's a different experience - a side show to life.

My own personal opinion of course.
    I get more entertainment from people talking about football and having a laugh than watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Still Ill wrote: »
    Isn't it 'dirty git' rather than gravedigger? :pac:

I subsequently confirm to people in my immediate vicinity at said matches that's it's "gravedigger".

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭DrSerious3

I never comment on this thread but I want to be the 10,000th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

kippy wrote:
    The older you get the more you realise watching a football match on TV the more of a complete waste of time it is. It's meant to be entertainment but the vast majority of football matches are dull. The more matches you watch the more dull ones you get to see. What's the point after a while? Much easier talk about the drama, the managers spats, the transfer "speculation" the never ending nonsense that goes on around the PL in particular.

kippy wrote:
    When you are younger and have more time, can have a few pints with a few mates in the pub while you watch, it's a different experience - a side show to life.

kippy wrote:
    My own personal opinion of course. I get more entertainment from people talking about football and having a laugh than watching it.

Watching sky doesnt help either with the constant BLM virtue signalling. Then we had a WLM banner flown over the etihad. Im sure we'll have an all lives matter banner soon from someone who thinks they're original and clever.

Wish they'd all f**k off to a deserted island and kick the s**t out of each other there.

I want a discussion on the game not politics.

• Advertisement

DrSerious3 wrote:

Ooooooh unlucky son!!!! so close.

If you wete an inter county gaa footballer you'd definitely play for Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭DrSerious3

Ooooooh unlucky son!!!! so close.

If you wete an inter county gaa footballer you'd definitely play for Mayo.

Jayzus dont put that on a Galway man 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

DrSerious3 wrote: »

I deleted my comment, congratulations :pac:

Cienciano wrote:
    I deleted my comment, congratulations

Im going to delete one of my earlier ones also.....purely for spite.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,984 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

In before the lock :p

Life ain't always empty.

The big 10k.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

This thread was only 165 pages long in February 2017 when they went behind the paywall, after that I thought it would be very quiet in here, certainly didn't see this being locked before the OTB thread, anyway here's to more wonderful nonsense in the next thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Really enjoyed the Aussie guy on yesterday, no BS there!
    Thought the whole McKenna thing was strange in that they named him straight away, a similar case happened with an Arsenal player last week where they tested positive and then negative a couple days later without them being named publicly.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Ken talking about Stephen Ireland in today’s podcast is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Really enjoyed the Aussie guy on yesterday, no BS there!
    Thought the whole McKenna thing was strange in that they named him straight away, a similar case happened with an Arsenal player last week where they tested positive and then negative a couple days later without them being named publicly.

Never, ever be surprised my the stupidity of a huge number of the Australian population.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Never, ever be surprised my the stupidity of a huge number of the human population.

Haven't even heard that pod, but fixed that for you anyway.

I knew Stephen Ireland was a bit crackers, but I didn't realise he was that deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,984 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Never, ever be surprised my the stupidity of a huge number of the Australian population.

How very dare you, the nation that unleashed the wit and wisdom of Kevin "Bloody" Wilson upon the world.

Youtube "you can't say c*** in Canada" if you're not in the office and the mrs is out of earshot.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

How very dare you, the nation that unleashed the wit and wisdom of Kevin "Bloody" Wilson upon the world.

Youtube "you can't say c*** in Canada" if you're not in the office and the mrs is out of earshot.

My missus wouldn't have a problem with that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

What a pairing of marcotti and miguel yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Beersmith wrote: »
    What a pairing of marcotti and miguel yesterday.

It was fanciful to think we'd heard the last from Marcotti.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Marcotri and Early were like two feral cats snarling at each other ! (Claws primed and ready) It is safe to say that juices were flowing !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭bamayang

kippy wrote: »
    The older you get the more you realise watching a football match on TV the more of a complete waste of time it is.
    It's meant to be entertainment but the vast majority of football matches are dull.
    The more matches you watch the more dull ones you get to see. What's the point after a while?
    Much easier talk about the drama, the managers spats, the transfer "speculation" the never ending nonsense that goes on around the PL in particular.

My own personal opinion of course.
    I get more entertainment from people talking about football and having a laugh than watching it.

This is me. I listen to almost every SC podcast, and I'd say I've watched about 2 full soccer matches in the last 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

bamayang wrote: »
    This is me. I listen to almost every SC podcast, and I'd say I've watched about 2 full soccer matches in the last 3 years.

I watch a bit more. The odd champions league game and the international tournaments. Otherwise no as most games are so boring.

Most people i know that big fans watch 'all the games' but don't seem to pay much attend, chatting in the pub or looking at their phones at home.

I do listen to the totally football show to her a bit more analysis of the games that second captains don't go into. Plus they take about the European leagues which SC could cover a tad more I feel, even if just for the stories.

• Advertisement

I do disagree with Murph, I got tired of Klopp's carefully curated "Wacky German" persona a good while ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement