Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine Mc Cann-A social experiment in Manipulation (mod warning first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

blinding wrote: »
    Any Police force would be foolish to rule out the McCanns from the start.

The Portuguese Police were vey naive in their dealings with the McCanns at the start and for quite some time.

I do not say that the McCanns did it but they were / are legitimate suspects !

If Madeleine is dead / something else, it would be best for all if this German suspect is proved guilty on good evidence.

The portuguese police did that and ruled them out as suspects.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

The portuguese police did that and ruled them out as suspects.
    They ruled them in as suspects for a long time !

Was it after the McCanns took legal action that the Portuguese Police dropped that or was it just Standard Portuguese Police procedure that after not bringing charges that this happens !

Du you agree that the McCanns were legitimate suspects ?

They ruled them in as suspects for a long time !

Was it after the McCanns took legal action that the Portuguese Police dropped that or was it just Standard Portuguese Police procedure that after not bringing charges that this happens !

Do you agree that the McCanns were legitimate suspects ?

I agree that they need to be ruled out as suspects which is normal in any investigation but anyone who is capable or tying their own shoes and with a cursory knowledge of the case knows that it is almost impossible for the McCann’s to be responsible for the disappearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

In fairness, whenever harm comes to a child the parents do have to be looked at: just because of statistics - there's really nothing in this case to suggest it, other than that.

The person in the new investigation fits every single qualification you might expect in a predatory child abductor: a drifter, had a camper van, had a house too, - was in the area, had committed burglary before, has had several charges of child sexual abuse made against him, made a phone call in that very town at exactly the time the child went missing.

And is currently IN jail for a rape committed in that same area at around that time.

I'm not saying he's guilty. But clearly something new has come up. If its him, I hope he admits it and says where the child was laid. Its too awful to think of.

I agree that they need to be ruled out as suspects which is normal in any investigation but anyone who is capable or tying their own shoes and with a cursory knowledge of the case knows that it is almost impossible for the McCann’s to be responsible for the disappearance.
    An awful lot of people disagree with you. You have to keep open that Kate and Gerry McCann may be responsible for the disappearance of Madeleine. It is certainly a possibility.

The odds would suggest that it is quite a reasonable possibility !

• Advertisement

An awful lot of people disagree with you. You have to keep open that Kate and Gerry McCann may be responsible for the disappearance of Madeleine. It is certainly a possibility.

It is not even close to a reasonable possibility.

Do not confuse the truth with the opinion of the majority

It is not even close to a reasonable possibility.

Do not confuse the truth with the opinion of the majority
    Of course “ You being the wise one “ know the “ Truth “

The McCanns quite rightly were serious suspects and they were only dropped as suspects because too much time had passed without charging them and obviously you can not hold somebody up as a suspect indefinitely without charging them.

The Police because they naively, did not consider the McCann s suspects from the start did some stuff wrong at the start.

Had the Portuguese Police been more professional from the start there may well have been a different outcome for Kate and Gerry McCann.

I do not say they are guilty but there is ample reason to suspect them.

If this new suspect is the culprit, I hope there is clear evidence to end this very unfortunate case !

Of course “ You being the wise one “ know the “ Truth “

The McCanns quite rightly were serious suspects and they were only dropped as suspects because too much time had passed without charging them and obviously you can not hold somebody up as a suspect indefinitely without charging them.

The Police because they naively, did not consider the McCann s suspects from the start did some stuff wrong at the start.

Had the Portuguese Police been more professional from the start there may well have been a different outcome for Kate and Gerry McCann.

I do not say they are guilty but there is ample reason to suspect them.

If this new suspect is the culprit, I hope there is clear evidence to end this very unfortunate case !

But there is no clear evidence to suspect the McCann’s - that’s the reason they’re not suspects.

But there is no clear evidence to suspect the McCann’s - that’s the reason they’re not suspects.
    They were suspects so obviously there was grounds to suspect them.

They were suspects so obviously there was grounds to suspect them.

Evidence!

• Advertisement

Evidence!
    There was cause and reason to make them suspects !

If enough solid evidence had been found to convict them them they would have been brought before the courts.

The Police were very naive in their dealings with the McCanns at the early stages. A lot of opportunity to secure evidence was lost in the early days.

I do not say that the McCanns did it but they were viable suspects.

There was cause and reason to make them suspects !

If enough solid evidence had been found to convict them them they would have been brought before the courts.

The Police were very naive in their dealings with the McCanns at the early stages. A lot of opportunity to secure evidence was lost in the early days.

I do not say that the McCanns did it but they were viable suspects.

Your post means nothing. There were several other suspects during the early stages of the investigation.

Your post means nothing. There were several other suspects during the early stages of the investigation.
    The McCanns were also Suspects.

The McCanns were also Suspects.

Not anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭larva

Highly unlikely, what would be their motive? Accidental death and afraid of going to prison for it? Highly unlikely

Not anymore.
    They were genuine suspects of the Portuguese Police. There being suspects has lapsed because charges were not brought.

In this situation anyone that is not charged has their Suspect Status Lapsed.

larva wrote: »
    Highly unlikely, what would be their motive? Accidental death and afraid of going to prison for it? Highly unlikely
    The Portugese Police considered the McCanns Suspects for a very long time.

Yes, The Police get stuff wrong but they also get a lot of stuff right.

I do not say the McCanns did it but there was good reason to suspect them.

Had the police not been naive in their dealings with the McCanns from the start I suspect that the outcome would have been very different for the McCanns.

The Portugese Police considered the McCanns Suspects for a very long time.

Yes, The Police get stuff wrong but they also get a lot of stuff right.

I do not say the McCanns did it but there was good reason to suspect them.

Had the police not been naive in their dealings with the McCanns from the start I suspect that the outcome would have been very different for the McCanns.

Everyone is a suspect until the crime is solved, I just never really got the vibe that the Macanns did anything untoward. I havent followed this story in years but I recall something of a falling out between the Portugeese police and how the Macanns thought they were handling the case, which may have "rubbed them up" the wrong way.

Everyone is a suspect until the crime is solved, I just never really got the vibe that the Macanns did anything untoward. I havent followed this story in years but I recall something of a falling out between the Portugeese police and how the Macanns thought they were handling the case, which may have "rubbed them up" the wrong way.
    I could see how that would happen if the Portuguese Police were getting near to gathering enough evidence to prove the McCanns were guilty.

Sadly there are cases where incidents happen and parents are responsible for the deaths of their Children.

I could see how that would happen if the Portuguese Police were getting near to gathering enough evidence to prove the McCanns were guilty.

Sadly there are cases where incidents happen and parents are responsible for the deaths of their Children.

No, im coming from the opposite direction, the Macanns were not impressed by the Portugal police and their handling of the case, perhaps to hide their incompetence they pointed the finger at the Macanns and said we are looking at all avenues but being such a highly publicized case meant that that idea became a "WHAT IF" conspiracy with no real foundation whatsoever. imo.

• Advertisement

No, im coming from the opposite direction, the Macanns were not impressed by the Portugal police and their handling of the case, perhaps to hide their incompetence they pointed the finger at the Macanns and said we are looking at all avenues but being such a highly publicized case meant that that idea became a "WHAT IF" conspiracy with no real foundation whatsoever. imo.
    Of course that is a possibility. Imho, It was the other possibility.

As I said previously the Portuguese Police were very naive in their dealings with the McCann's particularly in the early days. Had the McCann's flat been cordoned off immediately and been forensically examined then it is my belief that there would have been a much worse outcome for the McCann’s.

Sadly and for all sorts of reason the parents of children are very often involved in the death / disappearance of their child. As are the last people definitely known to have seen that child. And in most cases it is the people that the police consider to be strong suspects.

I do not say the McCann’s did it. How could I or anyone, unless / until it is proved in Court.

But there was plenty of reason to consider the McCann’s suspects.

Of course that is a possibility. Imho, It was the other possibility.

As I said previously the Portuguese Police were very naive in their dealings with the McCann's particularly in the early days. Had the McCann's flat been cordoned off immediately and been forensically examined then it is my belief that there would have been a much worse outcome for the McCann’s.

Sadly and for all sorts of reason the parents of children are very often involved in the death / disappearance of their child. As are the last people definitely known to have seen that child. And in most cases it is the people that the police consider to be strong suspects.

I do not say the McCann’s did it. How could I or anyone, unless / until it is proved in Court.

But there was plenty of reason to consider the McCann’s suspects.

Thats just pure conjecture on your part albeit a possibility. Id hazard a guess that if there was something untoward done by the Macanns they would have been "found out" by now through subsequent investigations but that hasnt happened and some other reason is now coming to light...

Thats just pure conjecture on your part albeit a possibility. Id hazard a guess that if there was something untoward done by the Macanns they would have been "found out" by now through subsequent investigations but that hasnt happened and some other reason is now coming to light...
    It was perfectly legitimate for the McCann's to be suspects.

It was perfectly legitimate for the McCann's to be suspects.

Yes, absolutely, like I said above, everyone is a suspect, but its maybe becoming clear NOW thats the Macanns clearly had diddle-squat to do with it. How do feel about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I think the reason thee McCanns became suspects in the tabloid/public eye is due to the massive exposure the case had. Everyone and their mother was on the lookout for her everywhere, the tabloids seem convinced they were going to be responsible for finding her. As the case went on and it seemed obvious there was no easy solution, they turned in the family. Then all the conspiracy ghouls latched onto it, making it part of their pet project conspiracy theory.

Yes, absolutely, like I said above, everyone is a suspect, but its maybe becoming clear NOW thats the Macanns clearly had diddle-squat to do with it. How do feel about that?
    In my opinion the McCanns are still strong suspects.

Except for it would probably mean something terrible happened to Madeleine McCann it would actually be good if there was very good evidence against a suspect and that person was convicted.

It would be good for everyone if this case was cleared up. It is a bizarre case.

Just as an aside.

Kate McCann was asked 48 questions by the Portuguese Police.

The Only one she answered was ; Do you agree that by not answering these questions you are hindering the investigation in to what happened to your daughter Madeleine McCann ?

Kate McCann answered yes to that question !

Does that answer and the failure to answer the other 47 questions indicate that Kate McCann really wanted to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann.

Would this be normal behaviour of a parent that really wanted to find out what happened to their daughter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just as an aside.

Kate McCann was asked 48 questions by the Portuguese Police.

The Only one she answered was ; Do you agree that by not answering these questions you are hindering the investigation in to what happened to your daughter Madeleine McCann ?

Kate McCann answered yes to that question !

Does that answer and the failure to answer the other 47 questions indicate that Kate McCann really wanted to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann.

Would this be normal behaviour of a parent that really wanted to find out what happened to their daughter ?

Fake news of the highest order. Kate answered those exact questions several times over when questioned as a witness. She fully cooperated with them as did Gerry.

When made an Arguido, she was legally advised by her solicitor not to answer any further questions as the police were trying to implicate her in the disappearance of Madeleine and were no longer exploring other avenues and leads.

The Portuguese police already had the answers to all those questions at their disposal if they needed them.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Fake news of the highest order. Kate answered those exact questions several times over when questioned as a witness. She fully cooperated with them as did Gerry.

When made an Arguido, she was legally advised by her solicitor not to answer any further questions as the police were trying to implicate her in the disappearance of Madeleine and were no longer exploring other avenues and leads.

The Portuguese police already had the answers to all those questions at their disposal if they needed them.
    So the Police had ample reason to consider the McCann's as suspects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

So the Police had ample reason to consider the McCann's as suspects.

That isn’t what you said, though.
    You said she refused to answer any questions that would help in the search for her child, while neglecting to mention that she had already answered them and that she was advised not to because the police weren’t following any other leads at that time.

They are no longer considered suspects by any police force on earth so it’s irrelevant anyway.
    There was absolutely no evidence against them besides ‘feelings’ and claims of ‘if my child went missing I wouldn’t react like that, I’d do XYZ’. Which isn’t evidence and doesn’t allude to their guilt whatsoever.

Advertisement