Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

RIGOLO wrote: »
    APA Apache and MRO MARATHON are my 2 oil plays, been holding them a few months waiting for them to pop.
    as long as OPEC+ play ball this week
    Even though OXY is backed by Buffet and Carl Icahn and has more room to grow back to 52 week high they have too much debt .
    Plus APA have made significant discovery in BLOCK28 Suriname where they are surronded by the big boys who may potentially pick them up.

OPEC+ came through for me , extending their cuts until end of July.
    MRO and APA up double digits , APA block58 field seems to be huge
    OXY coming thru also, the oracle of omaha beats me again .
    Treppen wrote: »
    I bought 5 shares for the laugh so. To the moon Rigolo.

I cashed 90% of my LK , had to exit at 6.30 , entry point 2 . You never regret profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

Time to take some NVAX gains and INO losses and put them to work in HTZ.
    HTZ bonds are trading at 20 cents, the think is quite possibly junk but the market dont care, junk makes money just look at UBER.

Can you buy on Degiro?

plasmin wrote: »
    Can you buy on Degiro?

I expect so .

Bit too soon on HTZ, hit enter too early too much of that Chineese coffe in my system .
    Have averaged down since.
    Icahn wont let this go without a fight, it may cool off this mornign, hoping for a pickup after lunch either way unless theres some major negative news in society over the weekend as things open up this will pop again early next week. Planning to exit at some point in the coming 10 days

Do your own due diligence, GLTA and f' the shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ShareShare

Cashed out of a few positions today after some incredible gains today. Likely to be a retrace but they were up 40% etc. Very glad to have the profit cashed. Kept about 70% of my positions.. Including a really irritating short on BOI!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Bit too soon on HTZ, hit enter too early too much of that Chineese coffe in my system .
    Have averaged down since.
    Icahn wont let this go without a fight, it may cool off this mornign, hoping for a pickup after lunch either way unless theres some major negative news in society over the weekend as things open up this will pop again early next week. Planning to exit at some point in the coming 10 days

Do your own due diligence, GLTA and f' the shorts.

FWIW Icahn sold all of his shares last month.

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    FWIW Icahn sold all of his shares last month.

Thank you , your right.
    Why wasnt I notified, I will have to fire the missus shes in charge of paperwork.
    should take my own advice sometimes and do due diligience.
    Either way HTZ bonds are on the up, there is a rumour Musk will buy them out.

This market is nuts, be careful out there investors

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

any of you guys know shares that say are up and down regularly?..so much so that thet could be traded start small any maybe buy sell once, or twice a week?...might look to start doing that again...e.g: share the intra day traders are buying /selling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

any of you guys know shares that say are up and down regularly?..so much so that thet could be traded start small any maybe buy sell once, or twice a week?...might look to start doing that again...e.g: share the intra day traders are buying /selling

GME

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

I bought American Airlines, Carnival and Macy's at the depths of March pricing. Sold out of all mid-afternoon and replaced with Microsoft and Coca-Cola, which I plan not to touch for a very long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I bought American Airlines, Carnival and Macy's at the depths of March pricing. Sold out of all mid-afternoon and replaced with Microsoft and Coca-Cola, which I plan not to touch for a very long time.

Congrats, smart trading!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Supercell wrote: »
    Congrats, smart trading!

Thanks. I'm pretty new to this - would it generally have been advisable to wait til Monday to purchase the new stocks? I've read about pre-weekend sell off, but doesn't seem applicable today (yet anyway).

Kilboor wrote: »
    GME

thats looking at the graph its might be a nice one to analyse

Thanks. I'm pretty new to this - would it generally have been advisable to wait til Monday to purchase the new stocks? I've read about pre-weekend sell off, but doesn't seem applicable today (yet anyway).

there is so much uncertainty - these times, that some traders dont want to be holding stock over the weekend in case there is some random news to send things south... also day traders need to close positions.

OPEC+ are meeting Saturday. This being the broader major oil producers including Russia.
    They are bringing this meeting FORWARD from its original date, also word is this is to allow them make an EARLY decision on maintaining the cuts the announced mid Covid.
    OPEC+ have nothing to gain in their economies to start fighting just yet on oil price , I expect them to announce continued cuts to end of July.
    There isplenty more upside for Oil stocks.
    Increased my position in APA ($15:60) which has jumped 20% today.
    You can take your pick, OXY, DVN, FANG MPC
    If you believe the economy is coming back, or believe the perception that the economy is coming back then oil is a great short term play to carry over into Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Also holding them but I didn't bought on the very bottom. My portfolio is about +5% today (my biggest holdings are T and CVX) very tempted to sell most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,671 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Some bounce back from Airbus seems like only last week they were 50 euros and sentiment around them was all negative. Similarly with CRH, Ryanair and Bank of Ireland.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Some bounce back from Airbus seems like only last week they were 50 euros and sentiment around them was all negative. Similarly with CRH, Ryanair and Bank of Ireland.

As you say Airbus are on a great run, but personally I wouldnt hold a stock where the company is having to sue its customers to buy their product. All those cancelled orders for planes are heading for court. And I cant see a European manufacturer winning those cases against a US airline..

but who knows.. GL on your investments

Das Reich wrote: »
    Also holding them but I didn't bought on the very bottom. My portfolio is about +5% today (my biggest holdings are T and CVX) very attempted sol sell most of it.

if CVX ($100) is your oil play, why hold them . They are only 25% off their 52 week high. Why not take a position in a smaller cap oil play.
    APA ($16 currently , under $13 when I mentioned it yesterday is the one .

By the way no one should ever take investment advice from strangers on public discussion boards..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Southwest Airlines Co (+37.81%)
    Apple Hospitality REIT (+26.47%)
    Raytheon Technologies Corp (+18.47%)
    Welltower (+18.15%)
    Delta Air Lines (+16.53%)
    Exxon Mobil Corp (+11.46%)
    Stag Industrial (+8.02%)

My Post covid stocks.

What a day!

Southwest Airlines Co (+59.65%)
    Apple Hospitality REIT (+49.95%)
    Raytheon Technologies Corp (+24.86%)
    Welltower (+41.61%)
    Delta Air Lines (+54.84%)
    Exxon Mobil Corp (+26.85%)
    Stag Industrial (+11.74%)
    Simon Property Group (+45.20%) (added last week)
    Host Hotels & Resorts (+15.76%) (added last week)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I wish I held my LUV shares now that I offloaded a couple weeks ago
    Got some profit but could have been a lot more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

@Taylor 365 - holeee sheet - serious gains there.

I picked up luckin coffee yesterday eve and sold today for a 63% gain and I don't even drink coffee. Not counting after hours and pre-market trading I held it for just over an our.

Any hope for Hertz making a sustained recovery?

Bob Harris wrote: »
    @Taylor 365 - holeee sheet - serious gains there.

I picked up luckin coffee yesterday eve and sold today for a 63% gain and I don't even drink coffee. Not counting after hours and pre-market trading I held it for just over an our.

Any hope for Hertz making a sustained recovery?

my own take ..
    They have 60 days to reorganise under bankruptcy protection, interest is frozen on debt, the judge will get creditors around the table, 100 year old company, with a recognised name and airlines and travel are picking up.
    If nothing else the used car market will hover up their inventory. Other options are takeovers or some sort of hookup with Musk and TSLA or even another car sharing outlet. The balance sheet and debt are a worry, but when did Wall St ever care about fundamentals. Some rumours Icahn bought back in after getting burned and selling up. Too many mutuals have too much to lose for this to be let go under without a fight. China didnt let their CAR rental business go under, they invested a chunk in that last week to bail it out. I think theres potential here for HTX also. Bond holders are probably toasted . Options interest tells me there an upside coming in soon.
    And also HTZ dependant on outside events like hte riots settling down and no second wave on COVID, but that applies to most stocks.

It will be a squeaky ride, same as riding LK from 2 to 6 that had its ups and downs and was a similar company hit with a bk filing. Im holding long medium to long term waiting on news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

@Rigolo - thanks for the reply....I'm inclined to think Hertz have a future...once the general news is good about the economy opening up they'll ride the wave and if Elon comes in and replaces all the cars with Tesla's and autonomous rentals then sky's the limit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

By the way no one should ever take investment advice from strangers on public discussion boards..

Just picked up some of those APA’s :) missed them

I’ve been sitting on Tullow, SM, XOM, OAS and a few others for over a month now, moves have been small until this week...

what a week.
    LK coffee triple bagged for me, took some off the table , thats a new car sorted .
    APA and MRO both up over 30% on the week , OPEC+ play nice this weekend.
    NVAX holding its gains and got a DOD contract , expecting OWS to kick in soon and that will help NVAX compound its gains and chase MRNA market cap. Plus NVAX have Nanoflu awaiting bla certification.
    New ebola outbreak which may get INO back in the green, or theres the off chance they are one of 2 un-named companies in the NYT OWS article.
    Underwater on todays punt on HTZ but thats early days

Fridays sell off across the market was very light, especially compared to recent weeks, all bodes well for next week.

Its going to be another week or two before numbers on a Covid wave 2 materialise post the easing of restrictions across the globe. That may put a spanner in all portfolios, oracle of omaha principles still apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

Serious week, long may the Fed/ECB printing continue. portfolio up ~120% this week, knocking on 400% YTD.

Remain long AIB (+>30%), BOI (+>30%), Avis (+>40%), LTRPA( +60%), LATAM (+10%) and INTU properties (+50%) closed my EURUSD longs Yday after entering at 1.09 2wks ago also closed NCLH & MGM smallish positions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

With the run on Tech since March and Airlines this week it’s starting to look like the only option for serious gains is Energy, Cruise Lines & Hotels, not taking into consideration the pending market collapse which I’m waiting patiently for...

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭mickey15ie

what shares would people recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

AmberGold wrote: »
    With the run on Tech since March and Airlines this week it’s starting to look like the only option for serious gains is Energy, Cruise Lines & Hotels, not taking into consideration the pending market collapse which I’m waiting patiently for...

Agreed, banks still have plenty of room to run IMO

Advertisement