Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I bought LK at 4.40 - never even thought I'd get that money back with the threat of desisting (which I've since learned is very remote and a long way off anyway). Will happily hold forever at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Well I had written it off, so no harm holding it considering the wild swings

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

RIGOLO wrote: »
    LK LUCKIN Coffee.
    has an interesting history, had some dodgy accounting, SEC went after them, looks to be coming out of it okay with a slap on the wrist, cuaght up in teh US China trade war ,

trading at $3 bucks was $51 5 months ago .. up 25% today

I had 1300e, in shares in them that dropped to 50e at one stage!, doubled down on them afew days ago and only at a 900e loss at the sec ha. But a risky trade.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I bought LK at 4.40 - never even thought I'd get that money back with the threat of desisting (which I've since learned is very remote and a long way off anyway). Will happily hold forever at this rate

Im up 70% today.

Unless the CCP declare a ban on Chinese people drinking coffee it will be back to double figures in 2 weeks if not sooner.

Im expecting mgmt announcements soon also, usually stuff, hang their head in shame, we will do better, fired a few heads and now back in business with clean books and slate.
    Call options for July tells me others think the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Anyone in Hertz, nearly 100% up earlier.

I had a punt last week and made a tidy profit but it was taking up too much of my time keeping an eye on it.

• Advertisement

Tomorrow will be ugly for Slack, down 16% afterhours following 5% down today.

Could trigger a selloff of the WFH stocks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Tomorrow will be ugly for Slack, down 16% afterhours following 5% down today.

Could trigger a selloff of the WFH stocks

Time to load up. Was eatching atlassian earlier, down 6%. Will get more of that tomorrow if it continues that way

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭XMG

Luckin Coffee ramped today on the back of fake news that they’d released positive earnings. It’s a scammy POS, a few more following in their footsteps, GSX is one

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

I'm seeking opinions on the below matter:

Most people agree that Trump's election and the following corporate tax relaxation etc has massively contributed the stock rally in the last few years.
    Now, there are more and more reasons to believe Trump may not be re-elected in November. If the stock rally has been fuelled by Trump's policies and actions, what happens when a Democrat wins the presidency and starts rolling back some of Trump's reforms?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

voluntary wrote: »
    I'm seeking opinions on the below matter:

Most people agree that Trump's election and the following corporate tax relaxation etc has massively contributed the stock rally in the last few years.
    Now, there are more and more reasons to believe Trump may not be re-elected in November. If the stock rally has been fuelled by Trump's policies and actions, what happens when a Democrat wins the presidency and starts rolling back some of Trump's reforms?

There will likely be a rotation into businesses which Biden is seen to be supportive of such as healthcare and infrastructure. Biden is said to be more Main street than Wall Street, that said pre-election promises from polititions are mostly snake oil.
    With a post-covid world though healthcare and big utility and infrastructure stocks in general may be a safeish bet anyhow.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I copy someone on etoro that wants all his 10k plus followers (13m aum) to add 50% more to their portfolio so they are copying him properly. (https://etoro.tw/2BBKtmz)

I may just leave it and add the 3k to degiro and pick more of my own.

I use mywallst and have a paid sub so i will probably pick a good few of them and use 10-15% stops incase **** hits the fan again.

I have got some great tips here though, Nikola Motors, Nio to name a few. I really like the EV industry.

One that i saw recently whilst researching the warner group ipo was the Renaissance IPO ETF.

Has anyone bought into this? https://www.renaissancecapital.com/IPO-Investing/US-IPO-ETF-Holdings

There's a few in it that i am not mad on like lyft/uber but others look great in it. Uber is 10% of it though..

Anyone getting uncomfortable with the current levels, we're literally back to pre-pandemic levels. Some hedge funds are preparing for a correction, but the way markets are rising everyday propped by Fed/ECB it could be a while. I'm 40% cash now.

XMG wrote: »
    Luckin Coffee ramped today on the back of fake news that they’d released positive earnings. It’s a scammy POS, a few more following in their footsteps, GSX is one

That story didnt hit the news wire until very late in the day, by which time LK had already hit 70%+, so its irrelevant.
    Closed out the day 59%, and already up PM 16% with half a million traded.
    The CCP wont let it fold.
    90% of stocks are a scammy POS, when did that ever mean anything when it comes to making money.

buy the rumour, sell the news, you cant go wrong.
    GLTA.

Bought WFC and ESRT earlier this week and both have been doing great. WFC i'm hoping for a run to $45'ish and on ESRT I have a target of $12.50
    Of the two ESRT is more likely to roll over I feel, but it is an iconic landmark in Manhatten, can't help but feel COVID or no COVID, that its offices are going to be in demand long term. WFC is a bank recovering from a scandal but it looks oversold considering its numbers.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Bought WFC and ESRT earlier this week and both have been doing great. WFC i'm hoping for a run to $45'ish and on ESRT I have a target of $12.50
    Of the two ESRT is more likely to roll over I feel, but it is an iconic landmark in Manhatten, can't help but feel COVID or no COVID, that its offices are going to be in demand long term. WFC is a bank recovering from a scandal but it looks oversold considering its numbers.

WFC is a good call, I had been looking at that myself on my watchlist but theres only so many holding I want to manage. My only issue with them is they have alot of retail banking and small buisness exposure and those aint doing so well at the moment. ENRON aside, companies always get oversold after a scandal and theres huge upside if they are fundamentally sound and come out of it okay.
    Good luck

Anyone getting uncomfortable with the current levels, we're literally back to pre-pandemic levels. Some hedge funds are preparing for a correction, but the way markets are rising everyday propped by Fed/ECB it could be a while. I'm 40% cash now.

Too many stories within the market to worry about “levels”. Pick companies you’re happy about investing in, that’ll differ for everyone depending on how long term you’re looking

There is 5+ trillion sitting in global money market funds, your 40% perhaps makes up some of that, all looking for a home to park. Markets will continue to rise, no risk no reward, the higher the risk the higher the reward.

To answer whethere they will keep rising you will need the input of a virologist, a fortune teller, an economist, a shop-keeper, a sociologist, a theologian, a boardsie, among others and a politican to make the tea and sandwhiches for everyone.

Firdays sell off will happen after lunch, position yourself accordingly, if its all good news over the weekend we rise next week , if theres more bad news we stall for now.

yeah mine is somewhere there :), I guess people with that 5+ trillion are waiting to jump in at every little sell-off..so we'll probably not see a proper correction for a while.

good points raised

My god the premarket is absolutely crazy, REITs and airlines all bat**** crazy! Loving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

My god the premarket is absolutely crazy, REITs and airlines all bat**** crazy! Loving it!

Hertz :eek:

• Advertisement

If you think those are bat**** crazy then Chineese coffee is Pangolin**** crazy, LK is up 50+% pre-market.
    I hope some of you took my investment advice, could be a double bagger from when I tipped them yesterday.
    Get in and get out quick as the lady of the night said to the bishop...

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭jams100

Still some value in superdry.
    Got in yesterday up 17% today, I see it getting to 200-250 soon.
    Overall though markets are getting too far ahead and for some a correction is needed...Ryanair has lost only 19% of its value yet all its planes are grounded? (Until 1st July yes).
    If i said that in January nobody here would be holding them, thats just one example :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

AmberGold wrote: »
    Zacks has upgraded Tullow to a buy, lots of room for potential.

Great shout, bought in at 25.50, up 13% alone today to 28.85

Americans were expecting undmployment rate to rise to 19% today, unexpectedly dropped to 13.3%

I can't help thinking there's some error or anomoly in the data. They're not normally that wrong.

Market's gonna love it tho

codrulz wrote: »
    Hertz :eek:

Time to take some NVAX gains and INO losses and put them to work in HTZ.
    HTZ bonds are trading at 20 cents, the think is quite possibly junk but the market dont care, junk makes money just look at UBER.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

Time to take some NVAX gains and INO losses and put them to work in HTZ.
    HTZ bonds are trading at 20 cents, the think is quite possibly junk but the market dont care, junk makes money just look at UBER.

For sure.
    I'm in Avis atm as opposed to Hertz as was the safer choice but with plenty of upsides (33%+ in the last couple of days) but hertz is too tempting now to stay on the sidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

Americans were expecting undmployment rate to rise to 19% today, unexpectedly dropped to 13.3%

I can't help thinking there's some error or anomoly in the data. They're not normally that wrong.

Market's gonna love it tho

the numbers have surprised everybody. however its believeed that the way the numbers are counted is being modified. more so since Trump is about(dont think its anything he has done though). note that if someone gets two hrs work that is added as a increase in the employment numbers and if that same person gets another 2hrs with a seperate employer thats again another job number!... so if the same person got 5 one hr shifts with different employers thats five new jobs added to the economy... - and that person should still be struggling to make ends meet.

I personally think the numbers are not as good as reported, but america cant let the barbiarians at the gates attack it economy as those market circut breakers would be well worn out by now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation! O my soul, praise Him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Treppen

If you think those are bat**** crazy then Chineese coffee is Pangolin**** crazy, LK is up 50+% pre-market.
    I hope some of you took my investment advice, could be a double bagger from when I tipped them yesterday.
    Get in and get out quick as the lady of the night said to the bishop...

I bought 5 shares for the laugh so. To the moon Rigolo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Treppen

Wombatman wrote: »
    Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation! O my soul, praise Him.

Is that a tweet from Trump or xi Jing ping ?

Advertisement