Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

hottipper wrote: »
    up 8% premarket never heard of them (based in dublin :cool:).
    looks like its got more to run will try see if i can get in on a retrace.
    Nabriva Therapeutics plc, a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the research and development of anti-infective agents to treat infections in humans. Its lead product candidate is lefamulin, a semi-synthetic pleuromutilin antibiotic for the treatment of community-acquired bacterial pneumonia; and has completed Phase II clinical trials for the treatment of acute bacterial skin and skin structure infection. The company is also developing CONTEPO, an epoxide antibiotic for use in treating complicated urinary tract infections. In addition, it is developing lefamulin for use in the treatment of ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia or hospital-acquired bacterial pneumonia and sexually transmitted infections, as well as Pediatric oral formulation. The company was formerly known as Nabriva Therapeutics Forschungs GmbH and changed its name to Nabriva Therapeutics plc in 2007. Nabriva Therapeutics plc was incorporated in 2005 and is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.

They have an excellent unique propietary product, a good yet risky upcoming catalyst/product (Risky in that the FDA aren't travelling currently so there may be delays in approval of drugs), a poor sales team (underperformed selling of their main drug), a relatively bad climate for operations (hospitals are focused on Covid naturally, not buying new drugs), competent management, an adequate cash flow, and a few other catalysts (approval in China and Europe should be upcoming too).

I like risk though and this one has good balance. 1.20 + is my year end price target.

Closed out my position on AYTU for a loss of roughly 15% (bad FOMO trade). Still holding NBRV as it rises, hopefully be up 100% on it by day end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Luckin is not looking back :)

Luckin is not looking back :)

I tend not to look at Chinese companies and I'm not sure why because despite all the shady practices I've still made money on them, looking at you NIO.

Oh no i'm not suggesting to buy them either, its actually time to get out of them if anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

i bought into $BAM today will see how it goes might be a long term hold
    https://www.brookfield.com/about-us/global-presence

some of the banks look like they have room to run $JPM and $BAC
    might be worth a scalp trade

Same for me again today. Holding $NBRV until my price target.

Also holding $WISA for earnings.

Looking at (for long hold): Providence Resources (LON)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Lads, whats going on with the markets absolutely roaring ahead last two days....and futures looking good again today ???

Pure FOMO here.... What to do?

Just for something to do yesterday, I added some money to two Healthcare focused ETF's.... (they actually went down ...needless-to-say)

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Lads, whats going on with the markets absolutely roaring ahead last two days....and futures looking good again today ???

Pure FOMO here.... What to do?

Just for something to do yesterday, I added some money to two Healthcare focused ETF's.... (they actually went down ...needless-to-say)

Vaccine hopes and economies starting to reopen. Also:

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3577560-feds-3-trillion-aligns-3-trillion-bounce-s-and-p-tops-3000

Expected inflation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Don't think I've ever had a rollercoaster like Luckin Coffee. Bought a small position to see how it panned out about 5 minutes before close on the day it stopped treading $4.40

Down about 30-40% each day Wed, Thurs, Fri last week when it resumed trading last week.

Back up 50% yesterday, and another +40% in the pre-market today.

Still leaves me about 30%, but getting there

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

In NCLH, up around 13.5% premarket, plenty more to run if things stay risk-on.

codrulz wrote: »
    In NCLH, up around 13.5% premarket, plenty more to run if things stay risk-on.

mine was up nearly 40%, sold them last night...thought rally will fizzle out :mad:

mine was up nearly 40%, sold them last night...thought rally will fizzle out :mad:

Took your profit, a lot of people struggle with this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Who is to say it won't sh*t the bed today. All it takes is one of the vaccine triallers to come back with bad news and it'll all drop.

Personally I think most of the companies running trials are spoofers and the real benefit of a vaccine is way over exaggerated if there were one developed. The market does whatever it wants though.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭jams100

Sold Aviva share yesterday hoping to but back the loss. There up 7% today :(
    You win some, you lose some, i suppose

Bad day for me all round. Aussie stock down 5% last night. Then both my NASDAQ holdings down about 8-10% each today. Still long NBRV.

Reality of this game. Still up around 60% YTD

Decent day myself, BOI up well so far this week, cashed out of Norwegian Cruise at open & long EURUSD. However, I had a tight stop set on Liberty Tripadvisor holdings which was hit with the open vol unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Bad day also, Pexip got hammered (settling down after IPO highs I’d guess) for some unknown reason however up 100% on Hertz on a small play.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Good day. Was up a little bit, also re-opened positions in atlassian amd barrick gold after they hit limit buys.
    Banked profit in Airbus and British Land.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Tesla really is the gift that keeps on giving for day traders. Up and down like a yoyo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Tesla really is the gift that keeps on giving for day traders. Up and down like a yoyo.

Add SPCE to the list - been in and out of there a few times over the last few weeks - 5-6% swings most days

Intu properties anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Into the following having not held anything bar Bitcoin for over a year:

Ryanair 9.90
    Murphy Oil Corp 7.90
    BOI 1.30

Don't feel the bottom is in for any of these but have this is the start of a year or two of DCA'ing hopefully.

Out of Murphy Oil Corp today with a 62% gain. Other two moving nicely. Dip bought RY at 8.80 also to lower BEP.

Buying more Bitcoin today, trying to get as much sub 10k as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ShareShare

Out of Murphy Oil Corp today with a 62% gain. Other two moving nicely. Dip bought RY at 8.80 also to lower BEP.

Buying more Bitcoin today, trying to get as much sub 10k as possible.

Well done on that 62% gain! fantastic outcome.

I took a long position today on KIRKLAND LAKE GOLD LTD. Previous years show fantastic growth so far. No debt. Huge operating margin.

Doubled down on my Visa as is been rewarding me for years positively.

Got stung by a recent short on rolls royce but we'll see if its usual violent swings correct that.

Boring day here. Small bit of profit.

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Add SPCE to the list - been in and out of there a few times over the last few weeks - 5-6% swings most days

bought it yesterday was up 6% then stopped out today, 0 loss will try get a lower entry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Southwest Airlines Co (+37.81%)
    Apple Hospitality REIT (+26.47%)
    Raytheon Technologies Corp (+18.47%)
    Welltower (+18.15%)
    Delta Air Lines (+16.53%)
    Exxon Mobil Corp (+11.46%)
    Stag Industrial (+8.02%)

My Post covid stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

VMware (VMW) just announced its Q1 results and its positive :) Pre market up 12%. I bought these in the mid $90's and now looking good for $155 tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Last nites close ruined the day, from being up 3-5% to down 3-5%

Advertisement