Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Up well over 100% after today - I'd expect the vote to be a foregone conclusion and may be a sell the event occasion but I think/hope once this floats as NKLA it will take off a la Beyond Meat. I also have warrants at 11.50 so that might be a very good deal if they really take off.

I jumped in at 24, so decent gains there...yeah that's the worry will it fly or will it tank... I'll sell 50% and the hold the other with a 5% SL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Zoom looks like it's defintiely setup for a dump in the next 24 hours. Massive buy in today, brings the stock price over $200 (13% today). Reports tomorrow evening, would be very surprised if the user numbers aren't a disappointment (they haven't given an update since April, while Google, Facebook etc have released rival products).

Might be a good day to take your profits.

Thanks for the heads up, mine are getting sold first thing. I bought these mid March at $112 and thought I might get hammered in April. My tech cloud stock strategy during Covid is looking good for a 40% return.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Green&Red wrote: »
    Up 8.5% today

ABF are looking good, I just checked and Primark (the cash cow) announced they are opening so I expect queues from the masses of women and kids who have been deprived fast fashion for 2 months to rally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Interesting article this morning.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/personal-finance/stocktake-arguing-against-rally-is-getting-pricey-1.4265733

... the advice from JP Morgan could be sage.

"JP Morgan last week advised investors not to “overstay their welcome” as the bounce will likely “peter out” in summer."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Anyone pick up MGI ?

Been doing very well lately

MGI soared yesterday on the report of WU takeover bid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

SWBI flying also smith & wesson :eek:
    will avoid though

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Interesting article this morning.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/personal-finance/stocktake-arguing-against-rally-is-getting-pricey-1.4265733

... the advice from JP Morgan could be sage.

"JP Morgan last week advised investors not to “overstay their welcome” as the bounce will likely “peter out” in summer."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-01/jpmorgan-s-math-shows-why-u-s-stocks-can-keep-rallying?srnd=premium-europe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

krissovo wrote: »
    ABF are looking good, I just checked and Primark (the cash cow) announced they are opening so I expect queues from the masses of women and kids who have been deprived fast fashion for 2 months to rally.

Ya Primark and Sugar are their two majors, I could see them up to £25 before long

Centrica are another good bet I think, I know the spot market for oil is poor but they should only have a small portion of that, no reason they won’t bounce up again

I jumped in at 24, so decent gains there...yeah that's the worry will it fly or will it tank... I'll sell 50% and the hold the other with a 5% SL.

Sold half at 37.60 and holding half with SL at 32.50.

MGI soared yesterday on the report of WU takeover bid

Still going
    Up 30% already today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Added some more cash in again today. Back up to about 80% of my pre-Covid value back in stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Added some more cash in again today. Back up to about 80% of my pre-Covid value back in stocks.

Would it be nosy to ask into what stocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Zoom down 4%

AmberGold wrote: »
    Would it be nosy to ask into what stocks?
    Added to a bunch of stuff I already owned: Slack, Paypal, Veeva, Sea, Atlassian, Match, Elastic, Ericsson, and one new punt, GAN

Firearms stocks could do well out of this chaos
    $SWBI
    $RGR
    $VSTO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Sold my holding in $WISA right before market close yesterday.

Up 70% this morning.

https://youtu.be/Ag1o3koTLWM

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

Firearms stocks could do well out of this chaos
    $SWBI
    $RGR
    $VSTO

I would say most of the juice is squeezed out of them already

Zacks has upgraded Tullow to a buy, lots of room for potential.

Kilboor wrote: »

Up 70% this morning.

We have all done that...:o If only I had held on to my positions my portfolio would be double by now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

We have all done that...:o If only I had held on to my positions my portfolio would be double by now :D
    Amen!, hindsight is always 20:20, no point in thinking about it though maybe you can learn from it a little, can't change it, move on.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Supercell wrote: »
    Amen!, hindsight is always 20:20, no point in thinking about it though maybe you can learn from it a little, can't change it, move on.

Definitely lads, still love to vent these publicly not only my wins :D

Kilboor wrote: »

Up 70% this morning.

Had a look at their report from March and I would have sold also, have to wonder whats driving the growth.

AmberGold wrote: »
    Had a look at their report from March and I would have sold also, have to wonder whats driving the growth.

Was a stupid play from me to get into them anyway, not my usual strategy or sector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Took profits on Ryanair today with a 35% gain, letting the rest ride for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Took profits on Ryanair today with a 35% gain, letting the rest ride for now.

I sold half mine last week, right as they announced layoffs. It's still climbing.

TTD is the gift that keeps on giving. Up 70% in the last few months.

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    I sold half mine last week, right as they announced layoffs. It's still climbing.

TTD is the gift that keeps on giving. Up 70% in the last few months.
    It's in my top 4 with Google, Amazon and Shopify.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭jams100

Cashed out on Draftkings today...they're taking a bit of a hammering over the last couple of days.
    Most stocks seem to be way over valued right now especially considering we are in/heading into the worst recession possibly ever

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭theboringfox

Definitely agree with sentiment on here. So tough to see trade happen just at wrong time. I am relatively new to all this and on a learning curve. That is despite working in finance as part of day job. I notice I definitely have to fight emotional investing and in particular where that feeds into negativity bias. I always focus on the bad thing that happened in portfolio and not good. Hits me hard on missed opportunities too. Where I decide on stock but wait too long and then it rises so I go oh Im too late and keeps going up. Same with stocks I sold that then go on. Like seeing an ex do way better without you:)

My biggest lesson has been to pick and stick. I find I look to get out too quick as stocks fall even though I bought it based on taking a long term view. That was my bad one recently where I pretty much bought Southwest before it went on big downward rally and then on the Monday it rocketed up and has been taunting me since. I left a small few shares so it shows me every day what I did wrong.

Definitely agree with sentiment on here. So tough to see trade happen just at wrong time. I am relatively new to all this and on a learning curve. That is despite working in finance as part of day job. I notice I definitely have to fight emotional investing and in particular where that feeds into negativity bias. I always focus on the bad thing that happened in portfolio and not good. Hits me hard on missed opportunities too. Where I decide on stock but wait too long and then it rises so I go oh Im too late and keeps going up. Same with stocks I sold that then go on. Like seeing an ex do way better without you:)

My biggest lesson has been to pick and stick. I find I look to get out too quick as stocks fall even though I bought it based on taking a long term view. That was my bad one recently where I pretty much bought Southwest before it went on big downward rally and then on the Monday it rocketed up and has been taunting me since. I left a small few shares so it shows me every day what I did wrong.

Ha ha, only last week I had LATAM, got in after the big fall at 1.07 and then came across the news it's going to be delisted and it was yo-yoing so got out at 1.22 on thursday and since then it's doubled :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 tamova

I'm a complete noob but I've bought in to KO (Coca Cola) for 46-47$. I can't see it not returning to it's pre-COVID level eventually, so I think it's a decent hold.

My first purchase Nike has gone up 18.2% since I bought in at 84.74$ :)

Advertisement