Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

three guys with molotov cocktails are trying to incite a race war but the multitudes who threw molotovs at cops, cop cars, buildings etc were doing what exactly?
    Those 'three guys' were among the multitudes you mention, we don't know who is who among the rest but it is confirmed that white supremacists trying to provoke a race riot have been arrested among them by the FBI, while the same FBI have as of yet no evidence of antifa involvement in similar provocation. That might change in time, but at the moment this is what we know.

Also worth mentioning that this whole riot kicked into gear when Minneapolis police responded with force to the windows being smashed at one of their stations. Do you find anything odd about the man who smashed them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Piers is a wanker of the highest order....until hes batting for the left:rolleyes:

He's like Jekyl and Hyde!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,754 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

2u2me wrote: »
    **** me talk about viral. Apparently that Candace Owens clip got 24million views in 19hours.

I wouldn't read too deep in them tea leaves. For example, it was shared ITT, most people here would click it to follow the context of the thread whether they agree or not or in part.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,704 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I tweeted Mike Pence, just as he tweeted something. So I'm sure he saw it, gave him some advice lol

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    It's posted up on Twitter from various sources with the back story outlined, if you'd like to go and have a look.

Perhaps then you can come back and give us your judgement.

The twitter user seems to use some very loaded words. I would rate that story as low percentage of being 'true'. When asked if this was recent he replied "As far as I can tell"

<edit there is one kick that looks very very real>

• Advertisement

2u2me wrote: »
    He's like Jekyl and Hyde!

He's kind of on the same spectrum regarding UK politics isn't he? His views position him at odds occasionally with most groups left right and center in America.

Pence was with Trump making a call to a released prisoner from Iran

Overheal wrote: »
    I wouldn't read too deep in them tea leaves. For example, it was shared ITT, most people here would click it to follow the context of the thread whether they agree or not or in part.

Indeed. I'm just happy her views are at least being listened to, even if people don't agree with them. Kind of like what all the protestors are telling us to do!

Can picture it now, Mike turning to Trump, '' yes, we should do this''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Piers is a wanker of the highest order....until hes batting for the left:rolleyes:

Always a wanker full stop.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    He's kind of on the same spectrum regarding UK politics isn't he? His views position him at odds occasionally with most groups left right and center in America.

He's very much on the left I would say except for his opposition to pc politics.

I enjoy him when he goes after the politically correct brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NotMOL

The same people protesting in the US are the very same people who ****ted on Trump regarding his response to covid-19 calling him a murderer etc

Yet these protests will most likely lead to a huge spread of covid-19

I'm sure it's all hate comments she's getting though, not praise.

Well I would not go on facebook for love nor money, I invite anyone else to post up what they are saying there.

On youtube the video with the highest views has got 18k likes to 4.4k dislikes. Most of the comments seem positive. Perhaps take a gander.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtPfoEvNJ74

Also youtube seem to be messing with the comments (I just noticed it). If you click on top comments it still shows the most recent ones. This happens when youtube think something is controversial. The good comments will eventually rise to the top, like usual.

This is the most liked comments I quickly scanned for
    God bless you. Sometimes you must feel you're shouting into the wilderness. Please do not give up. I feel you are starting to be heard.
    You are a very, very brave lady! Your honesty, wisdom, and perception of the truth is beyond, unfortunately what most people would be willing to admit and accept. It is your voice Candace that black youths in this country need to hear. I pray you will be a catalyst for them. God Bless you.
    After reading some of these comments, it's apparent hoping people starting thinking for themselves is a lost cause when they can't even listen.

That was the greatest most intriguing,stunning, eventful, shockingly truthful, tremendously fantastic, awwww inspiring, takeover of a common practice and procedure by an interviewer (in this case Piers Morgan)Rudi destroyed those nasty interview practises and left Piers Morgan absolutely!?....well Rudi just finished him there and then.
    I swear I don't know who I 'love' more now Rudi or Mr Trump.
    FANTASTIC VIEWING 👍👌

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,481 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

nullzero wrote: »
    So there could have been a good reason to record yourself and your friends kicking somebody on the ground?

Of course, how stupid of people to question the motivation of these brave young men.

If they were victims of racist abuse then I've no problem seeing the perpetrator get a few digs. You can clearly hear the word "slavery" and we don't know the context of that. That's why I said we don't see what happened before that so I'm not rushing to judgement on the young men like some others seem to be. And of course, if it turns out it was an unprovoked attack then I hope they are identified and prosecuted.

The rioters have taken these people's right to protest away from them send in the tear gas/flash bangs/rubber bullets/dogs/horses/SUVs to clear the area.

https://v.redd.it/pnrm5jn51z251

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Calling it how it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

The rioters have taken these people's right to protest away from them send in the tear gas/flash bangs/rubber bullets/dogs/horses/SUVs to clear the area.

https://v.redd.it/pnrm5jn51z251

Protesters(in my view)are literally a hairs breadth away from being rioters, I don't 'much' distinguish between them at-all to be honest.
    Get off the streets and go home. Also: that 'Neus Channel CNM' needs to be hacked of the air and stop inciting protests, which they know more often than not lead to violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So reading that the African bet the head off the Irish lad for having a white background on his Instagram account instead of a Black background. The attacker can be heard saying "400 years of Slavery for you to post a white out Tuesday"
    Attacker needs to be arrested and charged by the cops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

So reading that the African bet the head off the Irish lad for having a white background on his Instagram account instead of a Black background.

Why do you think he is African? He has a London accent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,481 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    It's posted up on Twitter from various sources with the back story outlined, if you'd like to go and have a look.

Perhaps then you can come back and give us your judgement.

Various accounts? The account you linked to - I had a quick looks at his tweets - is clearly a white supremacist so I'll take anything he posts with a pinch of salt. The only other account I see that's tweeted it is clearly anti-immigrant and is a fan of "alternative view Ireland" whose bio is "Ireland belongs to the Irish". Yeah I've seen enough thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

I love watching the videos of protestors being beaten by cops.

Calling it how it is

His take; when you're out there protesting while the looting and the violence is happening your adding fuel to the fire. Hard to disagree.

Seems well liked video 38k likes 700 dislikes.

Gofundme has raised 277,000$ dollars so far for David Dorn's family.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,371 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Why do you think he is African? He has a London accent.

It's not unusual for children of African immigrants in Ireland to speak with an accent like that. Probably to do with grime music being so pervasive these days.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

https://twitter.com/patkiernan/status/1268599145364889607?s=20

That was the greatest most intriguing,stunning, eventful, shockingly truthful, tremendously fantastic, awwww inspiring, takeover of a common practice and procedure by an interviewer (in this case Piers Morgan)Rudy destroyed those nasty interview practises and left Piers Morgan absolutely!?....well Rudy just finished him there and then.
    I swear I don't know who I 'love' more now Rudy or Mr Trump.
    FANTASTIC VIEWING

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Protesters(in my view)are literally a hairs breadth away from being rioters, I don't 'much' distinguish between them at-all to be honest.
    Get off the streets and go home. Also: that 'Neus Channel CNM' needs to be hacked of the air and stop inciting protests, which they know more often than not lead to violence.

I was at a march on Sunday here in the US and not an iota of trouble, the police marched with us and blocked off the streets and highway. There are many other marches around the country taking place with no trouble, the ones in the larger cities with larger number have issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

https://twitter.com/patkiernan/status/1268599145364889607?s=20

That was the greatest most intriguing,stunning, eventful, shockingly truthful, tremendously fantastic, awwww inspiring, takeover of a common practice and procedure by an interviewer (in this case Piers Morgan)Rudy destroyed those nasty interview practises and left Piers Morgan absolutely!?....well Rudy just finished him there and then.
    I swear I don't know who I 'love' more now Rudy or Mr Trump.
    FANTASTIC VIEWING

Jeez you need to lay down the pipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Saw a few videos of Santa Monica and Hollywood,seems to be fcuk all protesting and more looting than anything else....place needs a big clean up,protests have been ruined by the rioting and looting the whole thing is out of control and needs some order restored

Maybe China or North Korea is your type of place to live, to have the thought process that the majority of people can't protest and make their voices heard in a peaceful way is weird.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Maybe China or North Korea is your type of place to live, to have the thought process that the majority of people can't protest and make their voices heard in a peaceful way is weird.

Seems they cant do it peacefully at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement