Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Would we be hearing anything about this if George Floyd was white? I think some sectors, the media specifically are trying to artificially enhance the race issue. Those officers would have treated a white criminal exactly the same way. Lets not forget that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,948 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Its ok I can talk with other posters instead of answering to you all the time

#Irony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Overheal wrote: »
    Even if so that's not justification for extrajudicial murder. If Dylan Roof can slaughter the Charleston Nine and not be choked to death while 'resisting arrest' there'e no justification for what we all witnessed.

What gave George the right to help himself into another persons home to steal of them and threaten the pregnant woman and her unborn child? The man was a thug

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Disgusting racist attack in Limerick today. Hope they find this dirty filthy scumbag.

https://twitter.com/BaronStrucker/status/1268662138803019781

Direct result of the rhetoric from Irish progressives over the last few days.

Would we be hearing anything about this if George Floyd was white? I think some sectors, the media specifically are trying to artificially enhance the race issue. Those officers would have treated a white criminal exactly the same way. Lets not forget that.

We would still have serious conversations about brutality.

I don't think the protests would have become so widespread. Race is still an issue that has been boiling over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

#Irony

Are you having a laugh?
    Youre the one responding to every comment on this thread 24/7,making it into your own little crusade.

God,you make me laugh Overheal,thanks for the entertainment:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Disgusting racist attack in Limerick today. Hope they find this dirty filthy scumbag.

Between 1sec and 2sec in the video, is there a white hand in the frame?

All you have in this video besides the brutality is accents?

If it was the other way around - White on black attack, the world would turn with the racism card. There won't be a peep out from anyone for this.

owlbethere wrote: »
    What gave George the right to help himself into another persons home to steal of them and threaten the pregnant woman and her unborn child? The man was a thug

Nothing gives anyone the right, and he sure may well have been a miscreant. But being a miscreant doesn't deprive you of human rights. Innocence is presumed in any given criminal offense until guilt is proven by a court of law.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

I read online that the man had a criminal conviction but is that for real? Did he threaten a pregnant woman? Did threaten to shoot her in the belly?

Not this George Floyd, the man was a saint.

• Advertisement

nthclare wrote: »
    Nahhh a coffee and snack in the car along with a surfboard or bodyboard and wetsuit and a South West ground swell, 4ft plus and an offshore breeze in Fanore would be more exciting lol

Yes you're right maybe I need a social media break, there's better things to be doing.

Enjoy your smashing time in phoenix park, it's good to finish off a discussion with honest advice and comadry.

It's something that's lacking on board's, as Billy Corgan from the Smashing Pumpkins wrote in the song called Disarm... Disarm me with a smile..

Enjoy your evening, and thanks for helping me take a good look at my self...my attitude needs a good check now and again...

Now I'm listening to that Album Siamese Dream on Spotify... :)

Much prefer dry land myself :) enjoy the music!

Nothing gives anyone the right, and he sure may well have been a miscreant. But being a miscreant doesn't deprive you of human rights. Innocence is presumed in any given criminal offense until guilt is proven by a court of law.

According to the documents on lipstick valley, he was found guilty in court. He was far from an innocent man.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Heroes, fight the power (or kick the sh1te out of some young fella in limerick).

These clowns could do with brushing up on this country's history as the comments on this link suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

We don't see what happened before that though do we? I'll hold fire on passing judgement based on a short clip shared by an obvious white supremacist.

We don't see what happened before that though do we? I'll hold fire on passing judgement based on a short clip shared by an obvious white supremacist.

Ill bet you wont say the same in some of the police brutality clips on twitter.

Between 1sec and 2sec in the video, is there a white hand in the frame?

All you have in this video besides the brutality is accents?

What's your point?

This attack meets your standards and is permissable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Not offended...BUT:D you couldnt just leave it at that,needed to point out something else to diminish blatant racism from a minority
    I added an edit to the post you quoted. The reason I pointed it out was because the poster -who has linked to that Twitter account before- was pretending to have an issue with racism when they were claiming "Disgusting racist attack in Limerick today". Clearly, they do not...

Among today's tweets alone: https://twitter.com/BaronStrucker
    "Every white country is now occupied & under siege. Please put Occupied ..... as your location. #WhiteOutWednesday"

"#Jewish again as always" ... "The relentlessly anti-white Jew Tim Wise is at it again."

"3% of whites owned slaves in US. A million whites were enslaved by Africans. I think we should teach that narrative and do the same back to them."

Retweeted: "Wow, imagine if people knew the truth about Hitler, Germany and what was done to them and the Russians... maybe a bit research, who the Bolsheviks really were. Maybe he doesn't know the truth"

Retweeted: You got that? It is now mainstream to want white children dead. We won’t make it to 2030 without a civil war of some kind.

102809412_664213987490088_2953494008384454656_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQm51RefP6KHLw2abGieZ0aYhLpj5XGPJULXf0f0iQ1FAF1f7yYAiNhHgMOxCYRJtgtzvZvnoVDwlptPOIEUehr1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=7bfc35d3d06759b72659ae8f353431a1&oe=5EFDD53A

If there was as short a clip of George Floyd's death, we wouldn't be thousands of posts in on this thread, it's just scum being dealt with by the cops nothing to see here move along.

But a video of accents is proof the white folk are going to be attacked by black people run and hide or rise up and fight back?

So there could have been a good reason to record yourself and your friends kicking somebody on the ground?

Of course, how stupid of people to question the motivation of these brave young men.

• Advertisement

If there was as short a clip of George Floyd's death, we wouldn't be thousands of posts in on this thread, it's just scum being dealt with by the cops nothing to see here move along.

But a video of accents is proof the white folk are going to be attacked by black people run and hide or rise up and fight back?

Who's saying anything like that in relation to this video? Nobody.
    This video and its contents are being discussed on their merits.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

It's posted up on Twitter from various sources with the back story outlined, if you'd like to go and have a look.

Perhaps then you can come back and give us your judgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

**** me talk about viral. Apparently that Candace Owens clip got 24million views in 19hours.

I added an edit to the post you quoted. The reason I pointed it out was because the poster -who has linked to that Twitter account before- was pretending to have an issue with racism when they were claiming "Disgusting racist attack in Limerick today". Clearly, they do not...

Among today's tweets alone: https://twitter.com/BaronStrucker
    "Every white country is now occupied & under siege. Please put Occupied ..... as your location. #WhiteOutWednesday"

"#Jewish again as always" ... "The relentlessly anti-white Jew Tim Wise is at it again."

"3% of whites owned slaves in US. A million whites were enslaved by Africans. I think we should teach that narrative and do the same back to them."

Retweeted: "Wow, imagine if people knew the truth about Hitler, Germany and what was done to them and the Russians... maybe a bit research, who the Bolsheviks really were. Maybe he doesn't know the truth"

Retweeted: You got that? It is now mainstream to want white children dead. We won’t make it to 2030 without a civil war of some kind.

Fair enough,I dont know that posters history...took ya up wrong:o

102809412_664213987490088_2953494008384454656_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQm51RefP6KHLw2abGieZ0aYhLpj5XGPJULXf0f0iQ1FAF1f7yYAiNhHgMOxCYRJtgtzvZvnoVDwlptPOIEUehr1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=7bfc35d3d06759b72659ae8f353431a1&oe=5EFDD53A

Are these all quotes - are these from people who died from police brutality?

According to the documents on lipstick valley, he was found guilty in court. He was far from an innocent man.

They found him guilty of the fraud of a $20 note?

That's the crime in question, here. That is what the arrest was concerning. Previous convictions do not deprive you of your human rights either. We even have the principle of Double Jeopardy in this country - once you are convicted of a crime and serve your sentence that charge doesn't involve additional punishment ie. getting choked to death by police in a future interaction on completely unrelated (non-violent at that) charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

2u2me wrote: »
    **** me talk about viral. Apparently that Candace Owens clip got 24million views in 19hours.

Piers ''Here's how many followers I have'' Morgan would cream his pants if he got those sort of numbers.

Piers ''Here's how many followers I have'' Morgan would cream his pants if he got those sort of numbers.

Piers is a wanker of the highest order....until hes batting for the left:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

He had no right to do that. He was prosecuted for it?

Equally Chauvin had no right to do what he did. He will be prosecuted.

A dead man can't defend himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

2u2me wrote: »

I'm sure it's all hate comments she's getting though, not praise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement