Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Options

Comments

She goes around at home with the scope on, does she?

Thank your lucky stars she’s not a welder!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'd love to know what that triple chinned oaf has on RTE management so say he gets away with it.

Or perhaps it's a case of Omerta, and they just close ranks by default.

Triple chinned? Has he lost weight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

It's actually incredible the way Duffy can get away with so much.

Constant book plugging (his own books)
    Multiple plugs for one make/model of car (which didn't pan out as he ended up with a Kuga)
    Blatant political bias (which is supposed to go against the RTE psb remit)
    Shouting at a Brazilian police officer live on air (in a bid to aid one of his corrupt buddies)
    That appalling Ivor interview.

The list is endless and there are no repercussions. No editorial control whatsoever. It seems he is untouchable.

I've gone from disliking the man intently to despising him with a passion.

@D.4orbes- Grow a pair FFS! (it would balance up nicely seeing that Brendan O' Connor has had his removed)

Hi Noel
    *waves

No I disagre
    For your mental health, id advise not listening

I had to turn it off as I was starting to get cardiac stress, literally. Duffy & team are devoid of self-awareness, and have a total lack of respect for the listenership other than how it might impact their income.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,667 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    It's actually incredible the way Duffy can get away with so much.

Constant book plugging (his own books)
    Multiple plugs for one make/model of car (which didn't pan out as he ended up with a Kuga)
    Blatant political bias (which is supposed to go against the RTE psb remit)
    Shouting at a Brazilian police officer live on air (in a bid to aid one of his corrupt buddies)
    That appalling Ivor interview.

The list is endless and there are no repercussions. No editorial control whatsoever. It seems he is untouchable.

I've gone from disliking the man intently to despising him with a passion.

@D.4orbes- Grow a pair FFS! (it would balance up nicely seeing that Brendan O' Connor has had his removed)

Hi Noel
    *waves

For the organisation having/had the power to put someone in jail for not having a tv licence he should be before a court to question his pet projects, complete joke of an organisation, the BBC is about 100 years ahead of crooked nepotised RTE. Why no outside media person takes them out is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Makes me wonder does Dee actually know what is going on in RTE or is she just a figurehead

He should have been pulled so many times but keeps on doing the same thing
    Liveline is supposed to be a caller driven show - how there has been 3 promo ads the past few weeks is beyond me (3 I can remember the times I've listened anyway)

The man who can’t squeeze his fingers has amazing strength in his arms nonetheless. All I can think of is that Duffy has had unfavourable terms regarding his contract and he is trolling RTÉ and “his” listeners.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5489871/ivor-callely-pictured-without-walking-aids-that-he-claims-to-require/

Let’s start a GoFundMe page for Calorie, publicised with de help of Lahvlahn:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bike-accident-is-hampering-my-legal-case-claims-ivor-callely-tp3bccxrk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    There's a saying around these here parts 'laying low'

Somebody shudda advised Ivor to 'lay low' for a while. He's invited a lot of attension on himself.

I missed the interview during the week, heard him speaking/whinging on the Loifloin promo......Mother of the Divine ! what was he thinking going on the National airwaves.

Needs Must. There is a book to be sold. Have you any idea how much the cost of 40 minutes advertising is on RTE prime (huh) radio .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Another day off for our Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Needs Must. There is a book to be sold. Have you any idea how much the cost of 40 minutes advertising is on RTE prime (huh) radio .:D

There's advertising on RTE radio ? other than big music festivals flogging tickets and RTE advertising their own shows I haven't heard much of anything else.

I wouldn't have a clue how much advertising costs. But as with other lines of business I'd say there's a lot of 'I'll scratch your back and you scratch mine'

There's advertising on RTE radio ? other than big music festivals flogging tickets and RTE advertising their own shows I haven't heard much of anything else.

I wouldn't have a clue how much advertising costs. But as with other lines of business I'd say there's a lot of 'I'll scratch your back and you scratch mine'

Given the amount of taxpayer cash thrown at RTE in the form of constant ads for CV19 (I did dat on purpose) they should be told in no uncertain terms, in the current circumstances, that's it no more cash this year. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Given the amount of taxpayer cash thrown at RTE in the form of constant ads for CV19 (I did dat on purpose) they should be told in no uncertain terms, in the current circumstances, that's it no more cash this year. :mad:

I agree in principal, but the problem there is that if the Gov. stop the Covid ads, then some motormouth opposition TD will have a lash at them for it - and, for obvious reasons, all of the media will give the criticism maximum coverage!

In fact Liveline would probably give it wall to wall coverage - as a "national scandal" - helped by a few carefully selected calls!

An ad on Lahv Lahn costs approx €1500 for a 30second ad. I’ll get the exact figure for you later.

I’ve heard at least two adds for LiveLine today featuring an emotionally charged Ivor having a tearful glimpse over the abyss. Shortly after having had a tree fall on his (helmeted) head.

I’m not sure I even believe he had an accident at all tbh. I wouldn’t put it past someone with a history of fabrication to come across a cast down fallen tree and decide I could lie down here until someone comes along and pretend I had an accident. If he’s claiming soft tissue spinal there’s not much can be shown to prove or disprove it.

It’s just a coincidence of course that this accident is allowing him to delay an ongoing court case against him.....of course, of course. Allegedly.

I agree in principal, but the problem there is that if the Gov. stop the Covid ads, then some motormouth opposition TD will have a lash at them for it - and, for obvious reasons, all of the media will give the criticism maximum coverage!

In fact Liveline would probably give it wall to wall coverage - as a "national scandal" - helped by a few carefully selected calls!

Sorry I meant top up cash (outside of Covid advertising) to keep the place and it’s crazy salaries afloat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Here ya go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Red Fred wrote: »
    Here ya go

Wonder did noel kelly pay up for Joe on the front of the new rte guide ?

I tried to see if I could get a link to it but it appears that the rte guide online article page hasnt been updated since very early 2019

PieOhMy wrote: »

I tried to see if I could get a link to it but it appears that the rte guide online article page hasnt been updated since very early 2019

Pay for it? Lol. Good one.

• Advertisement

PieOhMy wrote: »

https://m.facebook.com/rteguide/photos/a.478404005188/10157941701105189/?type=3

Their Facebook and twitter accounts have banners and individual posts of each of Noel’s nominees for “celebrity father of the year from my client list”. I’d ask do they really think we’re that stupid not to see through this but I know the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Let’s start a GoFundMe page for Calorie, publicised with de help of Lahvlahn:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bike-accident-is-hampering-my-legal-case-claims-ivor-callely-tp3bccxrk

Two of my favourite things combined. The InterWeb, and sarcasm.

Two of my favourite things combined. The InterWeb, and sarcasm.

Well don’t forget Mr. Duffy is on the breadline too.

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    It's actually incredible the way Duffy can get away with so much. I've gone from disliking the man intently to despising him with a passion.

I've thought about this as well. No professional organisation could be happy with Duffy's level of bias and his lack of basic respect for callers with opposing opinions.

But if you hear the clips they use for the ads for the show, RTE seem to relish the fact that he is now somewhat of a shock jock and they are happy enough to do this as long as he keeps bringing in the numbers.

Well don’t forget Mr. Duffy is on the breadline too.

The breadline in comparison to his dreams of working at the BBC for millions a year - he's hard done by really in this country. I'd happily contribute to a one way ticket to LHR on Ryanair

Was listening to Adrian Kennedy (?) the other day - had a better call in show about covid than Duffy ever did

fritzelly wrote: »
    Was listening to Adrian Kennedy (?) the other day - had a better call in show about covid than Duffy ever did

I posted earlier about the Niall Boylan show's discussion of COVID. Was that it?

If Kennedy was talking about it I'll look him up too.

I posted earlier about the Niall Boylan show's discussion of COVID. Was that it?

If Kennedy was talking about it I'll look him up too.

Yeah probably him - couldn't remember the name

edit - yeah him, Classic Hits

• Registered Users Posts: 38,946 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I’ve heard at least two adds for LiveLine today featuring an emotionally charged Ivor having a tearful glimpse over the abyss. Shortly after having had a tree fall on his (helmeted) head.

"Oh, Joe, we all make mistakes, I made a mistake."

Well, you spineless catalump, a mistake on your expenses is something like wrongly adding up a column of figures or misplacing a decimal point, like happens to everyone from time to time.

What is NOT a mistake is finding old documention from a defunct company and submitting entirely fraudulent claims for fictitious equipment, or fraudulently claiming milage expenses for many thousands of miles you didn't travel.
    You fecking arsehole.

And one other thing; the whining self-pitying voice you put on just fills me with a desire to kick your arse.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

I've thought about this as well. No professional organisation could be happy with Duffy's level of bias and his lack of basic respect for callers with opposing opinions.

But if you hear the clips they use for the ads for the show, RTE seem to relish the fact that he is now somewhat of a shock jock and they are happy enough to do this as long as he keeps bringing in the numbers.

In a way I think they are using the responses in this thread as a barometer as to how some/many of the listeners receive the show. They reckon that there must be a whole lot of others like us who tune into the show just to deplore it and kind of grumble at the radio, and the worse it gets the better it gets, so to speak. The advertisers might be considering the likes of us, who might offer a better market for the advertisers than the typical Kicrlibe caller. But then they would need to do their market research by surveying the nation:

I Listen to Liveline daily/often/sometimes/seldom/never because....

A) The show is an insightful barometer for de pulse of de nation and I learn a lot from it. (to mix de metaphors an dat)

B) Because de whole show is a farce and I live in hope of getting some laughs from dat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement