Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Gift grub on Todayfm did a good skit of liveline this morning. Worth a listen back to the podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Red Fred wrote: »
    "Lazy Liveline Fridays"

To lift the mood of the nation in case anyone was feeling cast down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I thought Aonghus had retired????

I haven't heard Aonghus' name mentioned by Joe in around 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭bigroad

Yew and Angelus have bailed out so to speak.
    R...TS leaving a sinking ship ,as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

To lift the mood of the nation in case anyone was feeling cast down

Which could lead to people being fed up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,737 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I thought Aonghus had retired????
    His birthday is 20th June caller. Dat will be his official retirement date an dat, though I’m quite sure he will return in many many guises, here, there and everywhere.

Edit - on Friday 19th June der will be a big Fungus Tribute Show showcasing his multiple talents, including de Christy Hennessy Parody. He will then ascend by parachute into de great sky of retirement, only to descend again at de nearest opportunity not far away.

Yes 20th it is, a Saturday so to speak...

https://twitter.com/AonghusMcAnally/status/1240984758110298113

• Registered Users Posts: 6,513 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

RTE's Joe Duffy reveals he sent text to Normal People author Sally Rooney thanking her for making him 'household name'
    https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/5480508/rte-joe-duffy-text-normal-people-sally-rooney-household-name/

i know wat your up to joe. we all do.
    the asians have a saying ",de more de rat struggles in the bin bag the more he needs to eat his way out"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,334 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

RTE's Joe Duffy reveals he sent text to Normal People author Sally Rooney thanking her for making him 'household name'
    https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/5480508/rte-joe-duffy-text-normal-people-sally-rooney-household-name/

She obviously didn't bother texting back...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

the asians have a saying ",de more de rat struggles in the bin bag the more he needs to eat his way out"

Thats a great saying, havnt heard it before

• Advertisement

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Thats a great saying, havnt heard it before

lol i made it up seems very apt

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Ah yes, up there with:

It is far easier for a fat man to pass through the doors of de Samsung Kitchen @ l’Ecrivain than it is for him to be an employee and pay tax at PAYE rates so to speak as they say.....

Ah yes, up there with:

It is far easier for a fat man to pass through the doors of de Samsung Kitchen @ l’Ecrivain than it is for him to be an employee and pay tax at PAYE rates so to speak as they say.....

I thought it was:

Tis easier for a fatman to get into Supermacs than it is for an immigrant to avoid the uniform tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Niall Boylan had an open and frank discussion yesterday about the deaths in the nursing homes, whether they could have been avoided if the Government had made better decisions, and who should be held accountable.

Joe Duffy, the "voice of the people", brought broadcaster Brendan Balfe in to studio to discuss some of his favourite radio memories from a 50 year career avoid discussing any topic that might be critical of the Government.

Niall Boylan had an open and frank discussion yesterday about the deaths in the nursing homes, whether they could have been avoided if the Government had made better decisions, and who should be held accountable.

Joe Duffy, the "voice of the people", brought broadcaster Brendan Balfe in to studio to discuss some of his favourite radio memories from a 50 year career avoid discussing any topic that might be critical of the Government.

His job moight depend on de gubbermint so to speak.

Ah now to be fair, Da Lahv Lahn is a caller driven show. Mr. Duffy doesn’t set the agenda and he never gives his opinion on any subject. It’s not his fault that on 2 consecutive days 3 of his jolly chums called in to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the country from a macro economic viewpoint primarily but also adding to the cultural and scientific debate of the biggest global story this decade. He has - as usual - selflessly put his own agenda to one side to allow those who would otherwise have no voice to be head. He should be thanked for his service, and remunerated at a rate that is a multiple of what the head of any country globally would earn.

https://m.independent.ie/opinion/comment/im-more-afraid-of-what-lockdown-is-doing-than-of-covid-39247235.html

Talk about a staged pic with the stethoscope.....where do I even start on this one?

Was re-reading the thread (particularly the Ivan Calorie sh*tfest) and found this beauty which I think slipped through somewhat unnoticed at the time:
    Mr. Duffy: you enveloped dem wrong

Such a brilliant command of the English language.

This man has “written” 3 bukes!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Was re-reading the thread (particularly the Ivan Calorie sh*tfest) and found this beauty which I think slipped through somewhat unnoticed at the time:

This man has “written” 3 bukes!

Day learned him well in Trinty

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Jazus I thought he was at deaths door the way he was talking

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

This bit says it all

A source from the neighbourhood who sees Mr Callely on a regular basis told the Mirror that he believes the ex-TD is very active.

He said: “I see him all the time and he doesn’t look like he’s an invalid in any way.

“As you’re talking to me, I saw him out with his electric scooters earlier, he sells them now.

“He was carrying them no problem, he was lifting boxes, moving bikes.

“I can’t believe he is saying that he can’t even tie his own shoe laces.

“Whenever I see him he seems fine.”

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A British tabloid

"A source said...."

I stopped reading. As much as I'd like it to be true. Pinch of salt with a splash of Vietnamese naam pla fish sauce is needed.

Scum.

sligojoek wrote: »
    A British tabloid

"A source said...."

I stopped reading. As much as I'd like it to be true. Pinch of salt with a splash of Vietnamese naam pla fish sauce is needed.

Normally I’d agree with you, but considering the subject here and his history with exaggeration and fabrication I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,737 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Crooked fecker. Duffy might bring him on Tuesday to discuss his miraculous recovery.

Well done Irish Mirror.

I’m sure Mr. Duffy in the interest of balance and his relentless pursuit of the truth will have Ivan on again this week to defend these fresh allegations. :rolleyes:

Day learned him well in Trinty

Mr. Duffy is very proud that he went Trinity. I’m not so sure the feeling is mutual.

The Sunday Times is reporting that a tree fell on Ivor. I know it didn’t, but it reminded me of a story I was once told, many years ago, by a guy who had recently been to the Rio Carnival. He said it was amazing, if he tripped whilst walking, a lovely lady was immediately underneath him to break his fall.

• Advertisement

in fairness bertie wud probably be president only for the sunday daily mail.
    happily he now gets paid to pop out of a cupboard

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement