Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I've seen loads of tweets posted in the George Floyd thread of w@nkers beating up people/smashing up property with the descriptions like ANTIFA beating up person, Antifa smashing up cop cars etc...

Evidence that they have any connection to Antifa: 0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Danzy wrote: »
    The KKK have 5k members, out of a population of 350mn.

They are so tiny as to be non existent. If they are drowned in a barrel that's fine with me.

Every org has hierarchical structures, anarchists included .

KKK is almost finished, last march I seen of them was about 6 members in Dayton Ohio.

Needed police protection from the crowds, as you said if they drown in barrel. That's fine by me also.

Brian, do you support antifa or are you like the majority of everyone else who opposes fascism?

Can you acknowledge that antifa as an ideology is a toxic group of people who use violence and suppression of speech against opinions they oppose?

I oppose fascism. I do not support antifa.

Can you say the same?

*Awaits "but what about/can you say..." response.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    I've seen loads of tweets posted in the George Floyd thread of w@nkers beating up people/smashing up property with the descriptions like ANTIFA beating up person, Antifa smashing up cop cars etc...

Evidence that they have any connection to Antifa: 0

If it quacks like a duck, it's a fúcking duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Well , that would put a lot of labels on Trump.......

• Advertisement

Unless it identifies as a swan.

Bigot

So every single person who commited an act of violence/theft/vandalism over the last couple if days is connected to Antifa

You don't actually believe that

So every single person who commited an act of violence/theft/vandalism over the last couple if days is connected to Antifa

As any act overreach of power against a black person by a policeman is an act of racism?

You don't actually believe that?

Off course not, that would be silly.

But I'd bet my house they are complicit in committing some of the acts in the recent days. Exploiting the death of George Floyd for their own gratification.

As any act overreach of power against a black person by a policeman is an act of racism?

No I don't

What's your point Helen?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Brian, do you support antifa or are you like the majority of everyone else who opposes fascism?

Can you acknowledge that antifa as an ideology is a toxic group of people who use violence and suppression of speech against opinions they oppose?

I oppose fascism. I do not support antifa.

Can you say the same?

*Awaits "but what about/can you say..." response.

Why do you want me to explain this again?

I don’t support Antifa in any real way. I agree with their supposed aim of opposing fascism.

I do not support violence for any reason. Ever. Full stop. I have said this multiple times in this thread, I’m pretty sure in direct response to you.

I don’t do whataboutery as an argument, please take that back.

I object to people creating a left wing bogeyman out of Antifa. I’m pretty sure 99% of the tweets claiming to be videos of Antifa members aren’t really Antifa.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

overreach of power. ****ing hell.

So you’ve decided Antifa are violent thugs dressed in black, so every violent thug dressed in black is Antifa. That’s monumentally stupid.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Lyan

Does this news mean that Antifa sympathisers may be banned here on Boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

One expects videos to be analysed and other evidence to build up that shows ANTIFA’s participation. They may even take credit and boast about it. We’ll see.

ANTIFA are not the only opportunists involved in the riots and looting.

https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/1267163111615684608

ANTIFA needs to be singled out because of its past known activities and professed agenda to cause mayhem and to destroy whatever it can.

The reason why ANTIFA or like violent instigators and vandals could gain in strength and determination is that US State governments have so far failed to suppress them. ANTIFA is not just a problem in the USA, they are active in Germany where they were originally founded by members of the KPD, but are less visible in the UK and Ireland, all the while they are given tacit support when people who support them fail to disown them or their methods.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,278 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Lyan wrote: »

*looks at domain name* probably not.

Brian? wrote: »
    Why do you want me to explain this again?

I don’t support Antifa in any real way. I agree with their supposed aim of opposing fascism.

I do not support violence for any reason. Ever. Full stop. I have said this multiple times in this thread, I’m pretty sure in direct response to you.

I don’t do whataboutery as an argument, please take that back.

I object to people creating a left wing bogeyman out of Antifa. I’m pretty 99% of the tweets claiming to be videos of Antifa members aren’t really Antifa.

So we are in agreement. We both oppose fascism and violence.

Antifa and/or the people who carry out activities in their name are bad people as they do not care about due process or legalities or the legitimacy of their actions.

I wonder though, would you be as quick to dismiss actions of "proud boys" or people accused of being "proud boys" as unsubstantiated?

I think you wouldn't.

One expects videos to be analysed and other evidence to build up that shows ANTIFA’s participation. They may even take credit and boast about it. We’ll see.

ANTIFA are not the only opportunists involved in the riots and looting.

https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/1267163111615684608

ANTIFA needs to be singled out because of its past known activities and professed agenda to cause mayhem and to destroy whatever it can.

The reason why ANTIFA or like violent instigators and vandals could gain in strength and determination is that US State governments have so far failed to suppress them. ANTIFA is not just a problem in the USA, they are active in Germany where they were originally founded by members of the KPD, but are less visible in the UK and Ireland, all the while they are given tacit support when people who support them fail to disown them or their methods.

A video of people looting a shop. How do we know they are members of BLM?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

KKK is almost finished, last march I seen of them was about 6 members in Dayton Ohio.

Needed police protection from the crowds, as you said if they drown in barrel. That's fine by me also.

Everybody talks about the KKK when the American white supremecists have largely left the KKK for other groups like the Proud Boys and Stormfront.

So we are in agreement. We both oppose fascism and violence.

Antifa and/or the people who carry out activities in their name are bad people as they do not care about due process or legalities or the legitimacy of their actions.

You actually have no idea who Antifa are. How can you say they are bad people.
    I wonder though, would you be as quick to dismiss actions of "proud boys" or people accused of being "proud boys" as unsubstantiated?

I think you wouldn't.

I would. But the handy thing about fascist and other far right groups is that the love a good uniform. It used to be black/brown/blue shirts. Now it’s black Fred Perry Polos, white sheets etc. Nice and handy to spot.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

The United States does not have jurisdiction in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Lyan

*looks at domain name* probably not.

What do you mean? It would be up to the administration here. I don't know the rules about it but how would mods react to support of other terrorist organisations here? Would I be disciplined for blatantly posting a pro-ISIS or pro-IRA comment?

When did Trump become supreme leader of Boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,278 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

What do you mean? It would be up to the administration here. I don't know the rules about it but how would mods react to support of other terrorist organisations here? Would I be disciplined for blatantly posting a pro-ISIS or pro-IRA comment?

plenty of pro-ira posters here

The rules of the riot said Antifa/BLM only and as we know, criminals are nothing if not law abiding, so they stayed home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

We are talking about ANTIFA and the propensity of their members for violence.

Antifa, autonomous

The "anti-fascist struggle" is a main field of agitation for the autonomous . In their view, it is necessary to take the fight against fascists and racists into your own hands. Autonomous publications and statements turn counter-events into right-wing extremists Rallies advertised. The agitation is also directed against certain state institutions or their representatives. In addition, addresses and "fact sheets" of political opponents are published, which are often associated with the request to attack these people. In the context of “anti-fascist self-help”, militant actions are also advocated that are directed primarily against the political opponent, especially actual or supposed “Nazis”.

This regularly leads to high damage to property, but sometimes also to personal injury.

source

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Off course not, that would be silly.

But I'd bet my house they are complicit in committing some of the acts in the recent days. Exploiting the death of George Floyd for their own gratification.
    I don't disagree with you that there are people who identify themselves as antifa acting the b0ll0cks during all this. I don't however buy into antifa being this big bad bogeyman terrorist organisation they're made out to be with a structural hierarchy ordering people to go to different cities to carry out violence and vandalism.

I've also seen tweets today showing known proud boys dressed up in all black wearing masks. I wouldn't be surprised if they were out causing ****e in the hope it would be blamed on antifa.

People parroting Trump with the MSM do nothing but lie and calling them the enemy of the people, using right wing Trump supporters from twitter as proof of groups he opposes, believing what they are told without question? :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭jackboy

The United States does not have jurisdiction in Ireland.

No but they can decide which Irish people should be denied entry to the states. Individuals in the past who signed a petition at an anti war protest at the American embassy in Dublin were subsequently denied a visa for the states.

• Advertisement

We are talking about ANTIFA and the propensity of their members for violence.

You posted a video titled “BLM looting...”.

they/them/theirs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement