Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

MadYaker wrote: »
    Who are they though? Where are they based? Is there a list of memebers? How does one join?

It's the same as ISIS. OK, some people do actually go to counties where ISIS militias are operating but you can commit acts in the name of ISIS, or "ISIS inspired" acts. You can be arrested for possessing ISIS paraphernalia, sharing ISIS handbooks or materials online, donating money to ISIS satellite groups.

You don't get away with not being in a terror group just because you don't fill in the form and get the engraved pen and pin badge.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,963 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Some people are fighting for a cause and many others just want to loot Gucci down in Charleston I hear

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It's the same as ISIS. OK, some people do actually go to counties where ISIS militias are operating but you can commit acts in the name of ISIS, or "ISIS inspired" acts. You can be arrested for possessing ISIS paraphernalia, sharing ISIS handbooks or materials online, donating money to ISIS satellite groups.

You don't get away with not being in a terror group just because you don't fill in the form and get the engraved pen and pin badge.

Antifa are the same as ISIS? Did they declare their own state? Do they have a flag? I find this pretty confusing.

To me antifa seems like a constructed boogeyman that sad basement dwellers who spend all their time online have invented as a target for their own frustration because of their unfulfilled lives. It makes simple minded, angry people feel better if they have a common enemy to direct their anger at. Trump realises many these people are his supporters, so he plays along.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭jackboy

MadYaker wrote: »
    So they’re just thugs then? How can they be made a terrorist organisation? Is that your own definition or did you get it from somewhere?

Not sure about the practicalities. It’s one thing declaring them a terrorist organisation, it’s another thing deciding how to apply that in the real world. Time will tell.

Calling them thugs would be overestimating most of them. They are mostly cowards who will damage property or hit a defenceless person as a group. Very, very few of them would go one to one against someone who has the ability to fight back, even against a real fascist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Brian? wrote: »
    What a weird thing to celebrate. How have Antifa ever effected your life?

Cheers :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

. Their goal is .........usurping the electoral system.

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

How?

Apparently part of their reason for the rioting is to ensure mail in voting in Nov. They're stupidity is working against them. If they can riot and burn the city they can easily walk to their nearest voting poll center.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

There's a lot of folk sitting tight in their Mommies basement from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

How?

They violently oppose candidates running in elections that they view as not their own. They want to have a direct say on who is allowed to run for office.

Every country that they have a following view the countries government as illegitimate. No matter who is put up for government they are illegitimate unless its their own guy. Its their own system and their own people or nothing else. Otherwise it is violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They violently oppose candidates running in elections that they view as not their own. They want to have a direct say on who is allowed to run for office.

Every country that they have a following view the countries government as illegitimate. No matter who is put up for government they are illegitimate unless its their own guy. Its their own system and their own people or nothing else. Otherwise it is violence.

Do you have any examples of this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

They don’t come across as anything to me. The vast majority of tweets I’ve seen posted here don’t even show Antifa. They show people misbehaving and people assuming they are Antifa

Did they? BLM are demonised online almost as much as Antifa. And there doesn’t seem to be any proof Antifa are responsible for the violence. Unless some can share some.

it might become clearer if they are charged with membership going forward. If you have people arrested at various times over the last few years dressed as Antifa dress at events promoted by Antifa , causing trouble as you would expect them to do ,then if it walks and quacks like a duck its probably a duck.
    People just don't wake up in the morning, dress in black , fill a bag with hammers and sticks and head into town and just all happen to meet up.
    Even if mostly made up of larpers they have their online ways of organising things

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Cheers :P

I hope you’re sitting down. Trump may not know what he’s talking about.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

silverharp wrote: »
    it might become clearer if they are charged with membership going forward. If you have people arrested at various times over the last few years dressed as Antifa dress at events promoted by Antifa , causing trouble as you would expect them to do ,then if it walks and quacks like a duck its probably a duck.
    People just don't wake up in the morning, dress in black , fill a bag with hammers and sticks and head into town and just all happen to meet up.
    Even if mostly made up of larpers they have their online ways of organising things

Dressing as Antifa? Wearing the rights clothes makes you part of Antifa?

This is exactly what I’m talking about. Some bunch of gougers dress in black and burn down a Starbucks and Antifa are blamed.

they/them/theirs

No they don’t.

they/them/theirs

20cent is probably sh1tting himself..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

In his Mommies basement along with Brian?

Tough days ahead but at least they can sing songs like

" wrap the Antifa flag around me Comrades, to tweet were far more sweet, with Antifa's noble emblem boys, blah, blah, blah, Virgins "

Great fun they'll have

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

why, because trump has decided to that he wants to outlaw antifa? something he doesnt have the power to do? he'll have forgotten all about it by tomorrow when his adderall has worn off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

why, because trump has decided to that he wants to outlaw antifa? something he doesnt have the power to do? he'll have forgotten all about it by tomorrow when his adderall has worn off

He has the power to declare them a Terrorist organization.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    He has the power to declare them a Terrorist organization.

It is the FBI who declares organisations as terrorist organistations. they have not so far named any domestic organisations as terrorist organisations due to civil rights concerns. They have never named any white supremacist or far right organisations as terrorist organisations. and they also have the issue that antifa isnt an organisation at all.

here is an fbi representative explaining why they dont name domestic organisations as terrorist organisations. nothing he says has changed just because trump took too much adderall.
    https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1138416337577840641

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump starts arresting Democrats in the next few weeks and months for being "ANTIFA" members and sympathisers.

This is nothing to celebrate. The KKK and the Aryan nation haven’t had this kind of attention ever. You’re happy with this level of hypocrisy.

Good luck to the FBI finding the leaders of a non hierarchical association without any official membership.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Again, how do we know he’s Antifa and not just some idiot?

As far as I can see people put “Antifa douche/soyboy/thug/idiot” in the tweet and that’s it, they are now Antifa.

Evidence one way or another will be accumulating. Even before that, we know already that there is an organised group of vandals inside United States that wants to destroy the American Republic and the country by means of violence. We know this because they’ve made their position known years ago and because they have acted violently before in places like Portland, Oregon. It is therefore a safe bet that they are almost surely inciting and causing violent destruction throughout the country. This group is ANTIFA. They are violent anarchists, and they should be destroyed.

It will be very surprising if we find that ANTIFA hasn’t been exploiting the bad situations caused by federal and state government failures of many kinds, including the lockdown fiasco.

After watching quite a bit of the rioting on social media this far I haven not spotted a single one of the violent criminals doing these things sporting a "Trump 2020" hat or t-shirt, a Confederate flag, or any such thing. In fact, there does not appear to be any likely Trump voters among them, the opposite may be the case. Lots and lots of ANTIFA thugs and Black Lives Matter signs everywhere, but no sign of white supremacists surrounded by thousands of rioting people. I imagine it would be easy to pick out some guy in a white KKK hood in such a crowd. But what do I know? I'm not a politician or a politicians daughter.

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1266570453101031424

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

statesaver wrote: »
    There's a lot of folk sitting tight in their Mommies basement from now on.

Literally

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4200272/92-Berlin-left-wing-activists-live-parents.html

Hmmmm, she seems impartial..........

First google hit- she was pardoned by Trump

"Author, former reality show star and convicted felon Angela Stanton-King announced Friday that she will run for Congress as a Republican against longtime Georgia Democratic U.S. Rep. John Lewis"

"Stanton-King was recently pardoned by President Donald Trump after her 2004 conviction on federal conspiracy charges for her role in a car theft ring. She spent more than two years in prison"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,448 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

This is nothing to celebrate. The KKK and the Aryan nation haven’t had this kind of attention ever. You’re happy with this level of hypocrisy.

Good luck to the FBI finding the leaders of a non hierarchical association without any official membership.

The KKK have 5k members, out of a population of 350mn.

They are so tiny as to be non existent. If they are drowned in a barrel that's fine with me.

Every org has hierarchical structures, anarchists included .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Who is Caleb Hull and how does he know that douchebag is in antifa?

Danzy wrote: »
    The KKK have 5k members, out of a population of 350mn.

They are so tiny as to be non existent. If they are drowned in a barrel that's fine with me.

Every org has hierarchical structures, anarchists included .

And how many people have they killed?

How many members have Antifa?

• Advertisement

Evidence one way or another will be accumulating. Even before that, we know already that there is an organised group of vandals inside United States that wants to destroy the American Republic and the country by means of violence. We know this because they’ve made their position known years ago and because they have acted violently before in places like Portland, Oregon. It is therefore a safe bet that they are almost surely inciting and causing violent destruction throughout the country. This group is ANTIFA. They are violent anarchists, and they should be destroyed.

It will be very surprising if we find that ANTIFA hasn’t been exploiting the bad situations caused by federal and state government failures of many kinds, including the lockdown fiasco.

After watching quite a bit of the rioting on social media this far I haven not spotted a single one of the violent criminals doing these things sporting a "Trump 2020" hat or t-shirt, a Confederate flag, or any such thing. In fact, there does not appear to be any likely Trump voters among them, the opposite may be the case. Lots and lots of ANTIFA thugs and Black Lives Matter signs everywhere, but no sign of white supremacists surrounded by thousands of rioting people. I imagine it would be easy to pick out some guy in a white KKK hood in such a crowd. But what do I know? I'm not a politician or a politicians daughter.

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1266570453101031424

Zero evidence of anyone involved being Antifa in either of those tweets.

they/them/theirs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement