Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Conti 5000 TL tyres for the TCR. Got about 5,000 on the Gavia stock ones. Starting to pick up a few punctures. Time to move on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

CramCycle wrote: »
    Same here sort of, waiting on parts to be dispatched, should have been posted last week, ordered 3 weeks ago, when I log on it just says waiting on stock but all the items appear to be in stock? Hopefully sorted soon

add me to this. I threw in a cassette at the last moment for my order. it may not be available. It's the thing I need least too.

However, my Planet x stuff arrived within 2-3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭mitchelsontour

A couple of jerseys from AliExpress

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

New cushions for vision TT bars & two new bib shorts from AliExpress for turbo which I expect around September at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

A couple of jerseys from AliExpress

Just in time for 2nd covid wave in 2021

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Weepsie wrote: »
    add me to this. I threw in a cassette at the last moment for my order. it may not be available. It's the thing I need least too.

However, my Planet x stuff arrived within 2-3 days.

Update, dispatched this morning.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Expecting a birthday gift to arrive tomorrow -
    Santini Team Trek-Segafredo CLASSE Jersey from bike24.de

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Favero Assioma DUO Power Meter Pedals

On the slow boat from Italy via Cigala Retail.

Looking forward to comparing my 6800 stages PM vs these & find out how many watts over the Stages actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

2 11 speed chains, new chain breaker and quicklinks.

ready for pick up on tuesday 19/05 arrived 25/05, fastaway sticker has 48hr on it :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,905 ✭✭✭cletus

A 6" polishing wheel kit.

Ok, it's not directly related to cycling, but it will help me gussy up old parts going back onto rebuilt bikes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

New socks and a cap from Galibier

Mudguards for what will become my winter bike - went for Bontrager NCS as someone told me you don't need to cut them plus my bike is missing the mudguard bridge.

Dynaplug and a tiny tube to make a new tubeless repair kit for the road bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭caviardreams

A Lezyne Macro Floor Drive pump from Wiggle

Was toying between this and a Joe Blow but went for the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

A Garmin edge 130 and some sensors.
    Should be here by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Still waiting on a rear hub to arrive (ordered May 2nd...ugh). Lesson learned. Sometimes the few euro you're saving isn't worth the hassle (especially the supply chain issues out there atm).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,220 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Press fit bearing removal tool, a new press fit bottom bracket and spring/Autumn shoe covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

A torque wrench and one of those bike sweat cover/thong-looking things for the turbo.

Also, an order I had with Merlin was dispatched on 11th May with Trakpak, landed in Ireland on the 19th and GLS seem to have been sitting on it ever since. Their track & trace just says 'The Parcel is on its way to the final parcel centre' since the 19th.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

parts for servicing the bike. for once I didn't buy anything extra

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Alpina Splinter VL Glasses from Bike24 and also included a few tubes of SIS cola flavoured electrolyte tabs in the order too.

The unsung hero of the lockdown period, chamois cream!!!

Add in protein powder, pre-workout & gels from various to keep me going for another while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Some supersonic tubes to replace the random no name ones currently installed, a bunch of spare tubes for my brother who’s only starting out on a road bike, and was running low on lube so decided to give the Muc Off hydrodynamic lube a try

It’s sponsered by Team Sky for maximum marginal gains ( :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

dahat wrote: »
    The unsung hero of the lockdown period, chamois cream!!!

Add in protein powder, pre-workout & gels from various to keep me going for another while.

Does the protein powder not make the chamois cream a bit gritty......??!!:confused::eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

A couple of bits from Sportful's outlet page. Temporary pay cuts in work have curtailed my spending. Now I'm actually paying what I tell the other half things cost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

Alright..

Basic BBB Floor pump with a gauge.
    Topeak Mini Hand Pump.
    Topeak Small Saddle Bag.
    Endura Socks 3 Pack.
    Ice Tools Puncture Repair Kit.
    Continental Inner Tubes x2
    Some cheap Water Bottle x2.
    Blue Cleats (First ones, they were cheaper than the yellow pair, thought I'd prefer less float).
    Shimano PD R8000 Ultegra Pedals (on sale).
    Northwave Extreme RR Road Shoes down from £319 to £170

I'm starting out, and I know I'm spending a small fortune but I'm working flat out for the summer in a supermarket and decided to splurge.
    I also got a nice deal on the bike so I thought feck it, don't weight the bike down with cheap shoes!

You'll love the NW shoes, great deal on those.

You'll love the NW shoes, great deal on those.

Fingers crossed they fit!
    I went with a 42, I'm a 43 in most nikes with a little wiggle room but 9/10 if I'm buying football boots or proper running shoes I'm a 42.

I've also just realised the pedals come with a set of cleats, at least I went with a different % of float.

I found them true to size at 46 but I've flat feet that are wider than normal.

I found them true to size at 46 but I've flat feet that are wider than normal.

Great to hear, they should suit so.
    They sort of justified going with more expensive pedals too, it's one big expensive chain reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Alanbt

MrMiata wrote: »
    Great to hear, they should suit so.
    They sort of justified going with more expensive pedals too, it's one big expensive chain reaction.

What deal did you get on the pedals?

• Advertisement

Alanbt wrote: »
    What deal did you get on the pedals?

£120, so £20-something off retail, my thinking was just buy them from the same store as the shoes so they arrive at the same time, so I went with Tredz because they had the shoes.
    I just know I'd crack if the shoes arrived before the pedals or vice versa.

Advertisement