Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The trashing of our parks and beaches

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Truthvader wrote: »
    Yep some people are pigs. It might help if dublin city council diverted resourses from clamping cars to emptying the odd bin

Park properly and take your litter home with you. It can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,355 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Great input as usual buddy

Undoubtedly the type to leave their shít behind for lols about Greta and that funny climate stuff.

People have only been waiting to get out again as the rubbish will have been building up for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,929 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

pjohnson wrote: »
    Undoubtedly the type to leave their shít behind for lols about Greta and that funny climate stuff.

how bizarre is it that posters are trying to blame this on people who have been protesting for a greener planet, based on absolutely nothing :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,355 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

how bizarre is it that posters are trying to blame this on people who have been protesting for a greener planet, based on absolutely nothing :confused::confused::confused:

Like I said before education and selfishness. They dont understand science so just dismiss it (hence the classic "its cold so it cant be global warming").

And they also dont have to decency to do anything that might help anyone other than themselves in any way whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭Quandary

Incentivise people to report littering. If you can catch someone in the act with video evidence(there are plenty of discrete ways to accomplish this) then thst should suffice. The apprehender then should get a significant percentage of any fine issued.

At the very least, its a novel suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭SteM

Quandary wrote: »
    Incentivise people to report littering. If you can catch someone in the act with video evidence(there are plenty of discrete ways to accomplish this) then thst should suffice. The apprehender then should get a significant percentage of any fine issued.

At the very least, its a novel suggestion.

I don't want to live in a world where people are wandering around a park recording other people hoping for a payday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭Quandary

SteM wrote: »
    I don't want to live in a world where people are wandering around a park recording other people hoping for a payday.

Meh,

Camerphones are constantly out recording in beaches and parks.

If they were catching people dumping and leaving rubbish then that can only be a good thing.

Don’t be dumping your litter and you won’t have anything to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

This happens every time the weather improves in Ireland .
    You wouldn't see this in the likes of Sweden / Denmark / Norway / Germany ...
    To many people living here have no respect for our stunning country .
    These people will never change ....
    The only thing they understand is fines .
    That would mean providing proper security at these parks / beaches ...that costs money .
    The councils are also to blame ... Not providing enough bins at these places .
    In a lot of cases these bins are to small and remain full over a weekend before been emptied on a Monday .

Yup! Pat is a lazy slovenly scrote in general...have a look around any beach in this weather if you need confirmation.

Pat also thinks he should be able to park where he likes with no consideration for others.

That is why he constantly moans to liveline about clampers ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Park properly and take your litter home with you. It can be done.

Ehh........ I think the point is that some people dont take their litter home.I suggesting that Owen Keegan might provide some other service other than clamping and blocking roads

Ehh........ I think the point is that some people dont take their litter home.I suggesting that Owen Keegan might provide some other service other than clamping and blocking roads

Don't park illegally and you wont get clamped. We really need 10 times more clampers anyway. Outside my house now there are 7 illegally parked cars, blocking the place up, they'll be there all day. I tell the council over and over but they don't want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I have a limited number of "secret" areas near me that I go to for a walk. No crowds, by the river, great views, very nice. Never see an ounce of litter there and there are no bins either. We and others must bring it home so. Not everyone is a muck savage.

Anyway TBH even without lockdown I don't go near beaches or hotspots like Glendalough etc. during the School holidays. Not worth it anymore. I can do it in September when things have quietened down a bit.

But it is awful. We were told as kids to put sweet wrappers etc. in our pockets and NEVER throw litter away. I just don't know why people drop litter like this. Surely they must hate their environment or have no respect. It is just so bad for those of us who enjoy nature. Anyway I don't know what the solution is either, sorry.

Don’t be dumping your litter and you won’t have anything to worry about.

I don't dump litter,I was brought up better than that. I still don't want a camera phone pointed at me, my wife and 7 year old while we're sitting in a park having a picnic because somebody thinks they might get a payday out of recording us. If you don't understand why then I'm not going to explain it to you.

Quandary wrote: »
    Meh,

Camerphones are constantly out recording in beaches and parks.

Not pointed at groups of strangers because someone is hoping to make a few quid like you're suggesting. :rolleyes:

I don't dump litter,I was brought up better than that. I still don't want a camera phone pointed at me, my wife and 7 year old while we're sitting in a park having a picnic because somebody thinks they might get a payday out of recording us. If you don't understand why then I'm not going to explain it to you.

Nobody (that’s not a psychopath) is going to record you eating a picnic, you’re most likely not that interesting. I’ve no problem with someone firing up the camera if people are leaving their rubbish bags behind though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Don't park illegally and you wont get clamped. We really need 10 times more clampers anyway. Outside my house now there are 7 illegally parked cars, blocking the place up, they'll be there all day. I tell the council over and over but they don't want to know.

I'm just suggesting that Dublin City Council might provide some other service such as emptying the bins or providing litter wardens rather than focus on his (and yours apparently) war on cars. Thats all; no biggie . You can still cycle everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cacamilis2011

I wholly agree with the content of your post but can’t get over my irritation at your use of “thrash” instead of “trash” in the title. Why can’t Irish people differentiate between the two? Also the use of an Americanism like trash in the first place bothers me separately.

Yes, I’m irritable in general.

It's the verb thrash meaning to whip/belt/assault...

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Ive thought this for ages, parts of society are purely to blame for this knackbags mainly

Dirty c**ts who never learnt to use a bin

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

I've yet to see a squirrel or rabbit fücking its half eaten packet of Doritos out the window of a car.

In fairness what you haven't seen could probably fill the universe.

Never seen a rabbit or squirrel fücking anything other than a rabbit or a squirrel.

And in fact I've never seen a human fücking a bag of doritos, half full or otherwise.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

That is incredible.

Why would a person leave rubbish like that instead of taking it with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Yep some people are pigs. It might help if dublin city council diverted resourses from clamping cars to emptying the odd bin

Or if some of the many Green party TD and Councilors in Dublin and their supporters went out and helped to clear the beaches. Walking the walk, rather than simply talking the talk.

But I suppose it's far "sexier" to block bridges rather than to do something useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Jizique wrote: »
    Just proves we are a dirty, filthy race - if you bring it with you, take it away.
    Sickening aspect of our society.

When going to a beach the only thing you should leave behind are your footprints and what’s this we, not everyone does that , are you including yourself as a rubbish tipster?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Lemsiper wrote: »
    In fairness what you haven't seen could probably fill the universe.

Never seen a rabbit or squirrel fücking anything other than a rabbit or a squirrel.

And in fact I've never seen a human fücking a bag of doritos, half full or otherwise.

Smartass.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Big dumpsters on the beach will only encourage people to dump their household rubbish. Sad but true.

Bring it home, but many don't care. Filthy idiots with no respect for places they visit. I doubt they would dump their rubbish on their own road.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,220 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

buried wrote: »
    Most of it round my area it is gangs of teenagers. The same ones who a couple of months ago who were doing the eco strikes from every week school to 'save de planet'!

Eh no - I seriously doubt it's the same group of teenagers.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Nobody (that’s not a psychopath) is going to record you eating a picnic, you’re most likely not that interesting. I’ve no problem with someone firing up the camera if people are leaving their rubbish bags behind though.

Yeah, read the original message I was replying where the poster mentions discreet ways of videoing people. Sounds normal alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Us Irish like to think we're great crack, great people and everyone loves us.

Wrong on levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Us Irish like to think we're great crack, great people and everyone loves us.

Wrong on levels.

Why are you thinking like that then?

Advertisement