Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

What the hell are you on about? Are you saying I am wrong about when I grew up? :confused:

It is a different world because of the treaties algarve Benin place for decades, Trump wants to tear them up in the hope he can make new ones.

You are living in the past my friend. It's a different world out there.

Move forward and adapt or fall away and be forgotten.

The world is becoming more authoritarian and the biggest threat to world stability and the continuation of the freedoms we all enjoy is China.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Blueshoe wrote: »
    No you didn't. Too much black and white rte telling you how to think.

It's a different world now. The Us is trying to hold onto its world leader status. The Chinese are rapidly gaining ground and influence. Their belt and road initiative will see them gain power and influence around the planet.

The same Chinese that think nothing of massacring its own citizens, social scores, media censorship, work camps etc.
    Xi Jinping making himself leader for life.

People need to remember which side they are on

Nobody takes the us seriously with trump in charge. Why do you think the Chinese are expanding their influence? It’s because they know he’s a joke.

It's amazing how many foreigners go to China to work and live and have positive experiences. Thankfully not everyone is as narrow minded as you.

Lol. China is a world leader in individual and business freedom.
    A real leading light in democracy.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Nobody takes the us seriously with trump in charge. Why do you think the Chinese are expanding their influence? It’s because they know he’s a joke.

Belt and road initiative was drawn up in 2013 Obamas watch

Trump initiated the trade war in an attempt to stifle China's economic expansion. Something that threatens the west

How does China expanding threaten us exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,268 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Trumps random twitter ramblings are a bigger threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,586 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Didn't you know, they're trying to take over the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,436 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Lol. China is a world leader in individual and business freedom.
    A real leading light in democracy.

When were you last in China?

When were you last in China?

That kind of deflection would get you a seat in the CCP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

By taking control of the means of production and distribution on a global basis.
    Think the East India Company and then multiply that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,436 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

That kind of deflection would get you a seat in the CCP

So you have never been?

So you have never been?

Instead of refuting my posts you are going down this line.

Have you ever been
    Have you ever been

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It's a sad day when people living in the west believe the Chinese and Russians over the. United States of America. The leader of the free western world.

If war broke out the Americans would once again be expected to save us all.

The vaccine for the virus will come from the Us. You will all line up and take it.

Without Us investment in Ireland paying billions to the exchequer imagine the state this country would be in.

Eaten bread is soon forgotten

Good job the Russians had absolutely nothing to do with who won WW2 or this post could be interpreted as a bit silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I have been reading a lot of the comments closely here and would like to point out that in a great many countries not just the US folks are increasingly starting to vote for characters off dubious nature. It might be easy to target Don Don as I tend to do but here in Ireland, there is a number of TD who are just as suspect.

Dan.

Instead of refuting my posts you are going down this line.

Have you ever been
    Have you ever been

It makes sense that you never been there. Ignorance breeds xenophobia.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

It's a sad day when people living in the west believe the Chinese and Russians over the. United States of America. The leader of the free western world.

If war broke out the Americans would once again be expected to save us all.

The vaccine for the virus will come from the Us. You will all line up and take it.

Without Us investment in Ireland paying billions to the exchequer imagine the state this country would be in.

Eaten bread is soon forgotten

Why do you think this is the case? Do you think people just forgot about the US and turned to China?

Good job the Russians had absolutely nothing to do with who won WW2 or this post could be interpreted as a bit silly.

The same Russia that signed a non aggression pact with Nazi Germany in 1939?

The same Russia that had an agreement with Nazi Germany to divide up Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and parts of Romania as revealed in the Nuremberg trials.

Nazi Germany turned on the Soviets.
    There's your reason for Russian involvement.

Even Wikipedia will teach you the basics of ww2 history.
    Stop the lights

It makes sense that you never been there. Ignorance breeds xenophobia.

Ah yes. Play the card.
    The get out of argument card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What's this thread about again?

To get back on topic, I see he is demanding, without the power to do so, that places of worship are opened this weekend. In California about 3000 churches etc will open by June apparently so expect a big spike in 3 weeks.

Ah yes. Play the card.
    The get out of argument card

What argument? You repeatedly claim China's economic expansion is bad for us but don't give any explanation why. It's just turned into a China bashing thread for you.

• Advertisement

What argument? You repeatedly claim China's economic expansion is bad for us but don't give any explanation why. It's just turned into a China bashing thread for you.

You've already played you card. Twitter might be more suitable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

It's amazing how many foreigners go to China to work and live and have positive experiences. Thankfully not everyone is as narrow minded as you.

Plenty of foreigners have positive experiences in North Korea also.
    Doesn't detract from the fact that they are an authoritarian regime that stifle all political dissent, disappearing whoever is problematic. It is quite a theme in communist dictatorships the world over, from Cuba to Nicaragua to Venezuela. Political dissent will not be toleratred.

I'm sure plenty of people would like to live in such ideological echo chambers. I wonder why they don't just move there.

You've already played you card. Twitter might be more suitable

Ah deflection again. Just proving my point.

2u2me wrote: »
    Doesn't detract from the fact that they are an authoritarian regime that stifle all political dissent, disappearing whoever is problematic. It is quite a theme in communist dictatorships the world over, from Cuba to Nicaragua to Venezuela. Political dissent will not be toleratred.

I'm sure plenty of people would like to live in such ideological echo chambers. I wonder why they don't just move there.

Indeed. Trump can only dream of having such control. He’d only love to stifle dissent in the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,360 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

2u2me wrote: »

Which people would like to live in Nicaragua, Cuba, Venezuela and North Korea?

I notice the posters that are so morally outraged at China are the same ones that constantly defend the morally bankrupt Trump. No doubt the hypocrisy is lost on them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭lord quackinton

There is a great joke in the tv show community
    2 characters after discussing the importance of the book 1984, suggest all school children should be forced to read it

That is the level of posting on here, trump is evil no matter what he does and the enemy of my enemy is my friend

I have read posters here support authoritarian china, rapist bill clinton, race baiter Obama and a woman who should be in jail for treason Hillary Clinton

But worse of all many posters here support a killer virus over trump
    What the hell is going with ye?

There is a great joke in the tv show community
    2 characters after discussing the importance of the book 1984, suggest all school children should be forced to read it

That is the level of posting on here, trump is evil no matter what he does and the enemy of my enemy is my friend

I have read posters here support authoritarian china, rapist bill clinton, race baiter Obama and a woman who should be in jail for treason Hillary Clinton

But worse of all many posters here support a killer virus over trump
    What the hell is going with ye?

4 years on non stop media programming. Propaganda has been shown to be effective since before the days of the Roman empire

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Which people would like to live in Nicaragua, Cuba, Venezuela and North Korea?

People that would support China's practices over that of the U.S.

Advertisement