Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

This the video when he mentions Social Welfare rates in the North that Sinn Fein have no control of?

Id say more people will be concerned about Leo basically stating 2 weeks ago our kids will be fine, get schools open be no harm which led to the CMO of the country having to point out that Leo was bull****ting.

Unfortunately you don't seem to understand how media works. How many Meme/watsapp messages have gone around with that video?

Seen any video's floating around of the school discussion? Personally I never even seen or heard that story about the schools?

Hmm....no,but your post is entirely subjective and full of personal prejudice

I seen countless posts by him critical,just because his critism deosnt go.far enough to appease yous,deosnt make it not critism imo

You really should read a post before discussing it. Read back over the posts, it is only two.

Oh yes, you cannot ignore human nature. How ridiculous even to suggest you could?

satguy wrote: »
    We all watched the last GE,, FG & FF will know that SF had 8 or 9 Poll Toppers, that may well have brought on a second candidate had one run.
    So if there is another GE soon, SF will run a second candidate in at least 15 constituencies.

So if we mark SF as +9 at least,, and another 2 with very good chances,, That will leave SF on a very likely 46 seats, with 48 possible.

I watched the last GE unfold on TV,, and as poll topper after poll topper romped home on first counts for SF, I knew that the Irish political landscape was changed forever.

All signs pointed to a FF+SF+IND government,, and looking at the way GP are behaving,, It may still happen.

Did you watch the Local elections last year?

Sinn Fein might want to run more candidates but who will they be? if they had to run the likes of Violet Anne etc as the A team then they will have to dip into the B team. What is lurking in the B team?

As I said the swing vote is critical to any party. Since the election FG if anyone has won that battle. Some of the Sinn Fein politicians have managed to lose that. Even the Mary Lou interview on the Late Late show was poor if you compared to Leo a few weeks later.

The swing vote is mostly affected by media, ever hear of Cambridge Analytica, do you understand what they did to win elections?

Sinn Fein of course are trying to go after the swing vote, hence why they have set up the SFOS program and are hiring people.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,395 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Unfortunately you don't seem to understand how media works. How many Meme/watsapp messages have gone around with that video?

Seen any video's floating around of the school discussion? Personally I never even seen or heard that story about the schools?

*Quickly researches what happened FG's vote share the last time they thought it sensible to attack SF with lies and irrelevant nonsense.

FG 20% / SF 24.5%

* A bit of media advice for FG - By all means have a hissy fit about relevant stuff, but don't have one about a lie,(i.e Don't lie about how the north is actually run...research that Leo because it makes you look ineffably stupid when you get it wrong) and about something you and your own ministers are famous for doing. (The deluge on twitter of Eoghan Murphy handing out food and posing for photos was a sight to behold. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Do you rely solely on WhatsApp and meme's for your news sources?

https://www.rte.ie/news/education/2020/0420/1132623-coronavirus-education/

I thought earlier on that you were just being deliberately obtuse.

• Advertisement

You really should read a post before discussing it. Read back over the posts, it is only two.

Oh yes, you cannot ignore human nature. How even to suggest you could?

I did read it??

Like,its a complete joke of a post,claiming the man was never critical,when ive seen several where he was?

Just because his critism was measured and constructive,and not mindless outrage culture to appease you,deosnt make it not critism imo

Did you watch the Local elections last year?

Sinn Fein might want to run more candidates but who will they be? if they had to run the likes of Violet Anne etc as the A team then they will have to dip into the B team. What is lurking in the B team?

As I said the swing vote is critical to any party. Since the election FG if anyone has won that battle. Some of the Sinn Fein politicians have managed to lose that. Even the Mary Lou interview on the Late Late show was poor if you compared to Leo a few weeks later.

The swing vote is mostly affected by media, ever hear of Cambridge Analytica, do you understand what they did to win elections?

Sinn Fein of course are trying to go after the swing vote, hence why they have set up the SFOS program and are hiring people.

I know of two 17 year olds,being trained up to be councillors by SF,with a view to being TDs in constiteunecies with regional discrepancies as regards vote distribution.....the future is most deffo being set-out for long term canditadates

Do you understand what cambridge do??,they provide auto retweets and essentially what is being alleged of what john concannon is known to have proposed

^^^

McMurphy and Francie I didn't expect any better. Maybe read my post and then go off on your little rants trying to demean other posters.

Tell you what, do a bit of research into Cambridge Analytica and come back to me.

I did read it??

Like,its a complete joke of a post,claiming the man was never critical,when ive seen several where he was?

Just because his critism was measured and constructive,and not mindless outrage culture to appease you,deosnt make it not critism imo

No you didn't. It was about a "man". It was about a group.

^^^

McMurphy and Francie I didn't expect any better. Maybe read my post and then go off on your little rants trying to demean other posters.

Tell you what, do a bit of research into Cambridge Analytica and come back to me.

You tried to lecture people on 'how media works'.
    And totally ignored what happened in the election campaign when FG released negative media targeting SF with lies and irrelevant nonsense. Their polling went up, culminating in FG getting their lowest vote share EVER.

• Advertisement

No you didn't. It was about a "man". It was about a group.

Well given that whole conversation,was based around one individual poster,

im.hardly at fault for presuming,yous were participating,its usually what people do when replying

Perhaps you can identify,this group.as i havnt seen any examples of what you claim anyway?

I know of two 17 year olds,being trained up to be councillors by SF,with a view to being TDs in constiteunecies with regional discrepancies as regards vote distribution.....the future is most deffo being set-out for long term canditadates

Do you understand what cambridge do??,they provide auto retweets and essentially what is being alleged of what john concannon is known to have proposed

I suggest you do a bit of research on both Cambridge and John Concannon

Well given that whole conversation,was based around one individual poster,

im.hardly at fault for presuming,yous were participating,its usually what people do when replying

Perhaps you can identify,this group.as i havnt seen any examples of what you claim anyway?

So you are not at fault for not reading the post? that's a new angle.

For the amount of posts about John Concannon and the FG proposed government media team. Do any of you actually understand the purpose of it? or what it originally was set up to do? It is gone now so I am not sure why it is a constant discussion point on here

So you are not at fault for not reading the post? that's a new angle.

Except i did read the post

Poor deflection from.my request to identify this group of posters,you claim to.exist

Seems this is like the mythical 16 year old,you went on an 8 hour rant defending the other day,who turned out,not to exist

I suggest you do a bit of research on both Cambridge and John Concannon

Suprisingly enough,this is something i have read extensively on,and think it wont work here,as ireland to small a country

But at least its a move on,from presurizing terminal cancer patients into becoming positive social media posters for the government i guess,

^^^

I did read your post. I even reread it.

You are aware of certain newsworthy stories because of WhatsApp and meme's. Meanwhile are blissfully unaware of other high profile headlines.

You couldn't make this up.

Suprisingly enough,this is something i have read extensively on,and think it wont work here,as ireland to small a country

But at least its a move on,from presurizing terminal cancer patients into becoming positive social media posters for the government i guess,

If you did spend a lot of time reading it extensively you seemed to have missed the whole point.

It will work in any country. Size does not make any difference. It is ok just to admit you know nothing about them. It was only one of the biggest stories in the World a few years back and still having repurcussion in media today. Just ask Facebook what it did to them.

Would Sinn Fein have created the SFOS if Cambridge never existed?

If you did spend a lot of time reading it extensively you seemed to have missed the whole point.

It will work in any country. Size does not make any difference. It is ok just to admit you know nothing about them. It was only one of the biggest stories in the World a few years back and still having repurcussion in media today. Just ask Facebook what it did to them.

Would Sinn Fein have created the SFOS if Cambridge never existed?

Ireland is too small,everyone knows everyone...fake profiles are brutally laughed at on twitter :D

SFOS geos back to early 2000s,i know people who used use it,for advice on junior cert subjects,in the private forums

Its really really,not what you think it is

McMurphy wrote: »
    I did read your post. I even reread it.

You are aware of certain newsworthy stories because of WhatsApp and meme's. Meanwhile are blissfully unaware of other high profile headlines.

You couldn't make this up.

McMurphy it is not up to you to constantly try to demean other posters because of your ignorance on a subject.

I have pointed to numerous topics and this is the best you can come up with.

As per my post, how many people have read a RTE website and how many people have got the meme/video via social media? you will expect the older people got via RTE but the majority of older voters are not swing voters. Younger people who are the swing voters are the ones who will received this.

If you want to see how much coverage RTE has into younger people, just look at the thread on here about RTE.

• Advertisement

Ireland is too small,everyone knows everyone...fake profiles are brutally laughed at on twitter :D

SFOS geos back to early 2000s,i know people who used use it,for advice on junior cert subjects,in the private forums

Its really really,not what you think it is

Seriously, its getting really embarrassing now. For a quick overview, watch The Great Hack on Netflix. Seems your extensive reading must have been in the wrong section

Why not read what Sinn Fein say about SFOS(see below), seems your a little off on that as well?
    https://www.sinnfein.ie/sfos
    The internet and social media are transforming politics around the world and here in Ireland. Never before has there been so many ways that you can help influence and make change happen through this global online community we live in.

Thousands of people from every walk of life have already signed up from across Ireland and beyond to become Online Supporters for Sinn Féin.

We are asking you to take the step today to become a Sinn Féin Online Supporter and join our campaign to reshape politics in Ireland and in doing so usher in an era of radical change that puts the interest of our citizens at the heart of all we do.

It’s time to sweep away the conservative parties which have dominated life on this island for far too long.

By becoming a Sinn Féin Online Supporter, you have the opportunity to stand up and play your part in shaping the future of a new republic.

I put some parts in italics just to help

McMurphy it is not up to you to constantly try to demean other posters because of your ignorance on a subject.

As per my post, how many people have read a RTE website and how many people have got the meme/video via social media? you will expect the older people got via RTE but the majority of older voters are not swing voters. Younger people who are the swing voters are the ones who will received this.

If you want to see how much coverage RTE has into younger people, just look at the thread on here about RTE.

Ignore again what happened in the election campaign.

FG attacked SF - poll rise for SF drop for FG

FG attack SF with lies - huge drop for FG, rise for SF.

That hissy fit in the Dáil was based on lies and Leo being hypocritical, what makes you think young voters are going to see it as anything different now?

Seriously, its getting really embarrassing now. For a quick overview, watch The Great Hack on Netflix. Seems your extensive reading must have been in the wrong section

Why not read what Sinn Fein say about SFOS(see below), seems your a little off on that as well?
    https://www.sinnfein.ie/sfos
    The internet and social media are transforming politics around the world and here in Ireland. Never before has there been so many ways that you can help influence and make change happen through this global online community we live in.

Thousands of people from every walk of life have already signed up from across Ireland and beyond to become Online Supporters for Sinn Féin.

We are asking you to take the step today to become a Sinn Féin Online Supporter and join our campaign to reshape politics in Ireland and in doing so usher in an era of radical change that puts the interest of our citizens at the heart of all we do.

It’s time to sweep away the conservative parties which have dominated life on this island for far too long.

By becoming a Sinn Féin Online Supporter, you have the opportunity to stand up and play your part in shaping the future of a new republic.

I put some parts in italics just to help

Seems to me SF found an open, cheap and transparent way to do the same as everyone else is doing.

https://www.thejournal.ie/facebook-fine-gael-fianna-fail-3184654-Jan2017/

Ignore again what happened in the election campaign.

FG attacked SF - poll rise for SF drop for FG

FG attack SF with lies - huge drop for FG, rise for SF.

That hissy fit in the Dáil was based on lies and Leo being hypocritical, what makes you think young voters are going to see it as anything different now?

Who is ignoring what happened in the election? I seen people trying to ignore the locals elections yesterday but that wasn't me.

I think I hit a nerve Francie, the face on Mary Lou on the end was the icing on the cake. The only bit Sinn Fein came back with was a picture of a FG politician helping out in his community. Oh burn.

Nobody cared as they laughed at the meme/video. Actually might watch again from the 15 different people who sent it to me

Seems to me SF found an open, cheap and transparent way to do the same as everyone else is doing.

https://www.thejournal.ie/facebook-fine-gael-fianna-fail-3184654-Jan2017/

Sinn Fein way is not open. How cheap it is I have no idea how much and how many people they have working across platforms. Looking at Facebook alone it is a lot.

The reason Cambridge Analytica was such a bit story was because of how closed and deceitful it was to some people but it was not made illegal. Do you know one of the biggest whistle blower on Cambridge has actually set up a rival company doing the exact same thing?

Doesn't boards have a rule about "shills"?

The article you point to is official advertisement on Facebook. Something the parties have to publish. Not paying people to be part of SFOS, that would be listed as staff. It is a very easy way to get around publishing details on what you are really spending.

I'm not trying to demean anyone - however do not place aspersions on anyone's character, of if they're "ignorant" on anything

The other day you didn't know what a vulture fund was lest we forget.

Who is ignoring what happened in the election? I seen people trying to ignore the locals elections yesterday but that wasn't me.

I think I hit a nerve Francie, the face on Mary Lou on the end was the icing on the cake. The only bit Sinn Fein came back with was a picture of a FG politician helping out in his community. Oh burn.

Nobody cared as they laughed at the meme/video. Actually might watch again from the 15 different people who sent it to me

No redgirl...your media analysis skills really are appalling and biased - the entire world seemed to come back with a photo of Murphy 'posing' for pics.

Here's Hugh O'Connell...hardly a Shinner is he?
    https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1258447797872930816

Analysisng media on the basis of what you receive on your own Whatsapp? :):)

Dear me.

Sinn Fein way is not open. How cheap it is I have no idea how much and how many people they have working across platforms. Looking at Facebook alone it is a lot.

The reason Cambridge Analytica was such a bit story was because of how closed and deceitful it was to some people but it was not made illegal. Do you know one of the biggest whistle blower on Cambridge has actually set up a rival company doing the exact same thing?

Doesn't boards have a rule about "shills"?

The article you point to is official advertisement on Facebook. Something the parties have to publish. Not paying people to be part of SFOS, that would be listed as staff. It is a very easy way to get around publishing details on what you are really spending.

You lie at the drop of a hat.

You just claimed SF are paying people to shill. Can you prove one instance of that?

McMurphy wrote: »
    I'm not trying to demean anyone - however do not place aspersions on anyone's character, of if they're "ignorant" on anything

The other day you didn't know what a vulture fund was lest we forget.

Do you know how to post without trying to demean someone?

A poster mentioned vulture fund, I asked what was a vulture fund because I knew the poster didn't know. I never got an answer did I? Which confirmed they didn't know

Similar to the person here who read extensively about Cambridge Analytica but hasn't even got the basics.

• Advertisement

No redgirl...your media analysis skills really are appalling and biased - the entire world seemed to come back with a photo of Murphy 'posing' for pics.

Here's Hugh O'Connell...hardly a Shinner is he?
    https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1258447797872930816

Analysisng media on the basis of what you receive on your own Whatsapp? :):)

Dear me.

Less than 2300 likes

How many people got the Watsapp message?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement