Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭playonplayette

da_miser wrote: »
    Women moan about pay gap
    Women say men get paid more
    Law states that men and women get paid same rate for same job.
    Any business not doing so is open to huge lawsuit.
    So can you give examples of pay difference for exact same job?
    They don't exist outside the minds of deranged feminists on the fringe!

Boards diamond mining Inc pays the miners E10 per hour for going 1 km under ground to dig out diamonds.
    Boards diamond mining Inc pays E8 per hour to clean workers quarters at ground level.
    No barrier to working under ground for E10 per hour, just have to want to, many men would rather get E8 per hour above ground than risk going underground.
    Then we have modern feminists screeching this is sexist, both the miners and cleaner work for Boards Mining Inc and should be paid the same.
    If this was the case who the hell would risk going down underground in the mines when they could get the same pay for cleaning above ground?
    So Boards Mining Inc offers a higher pay rate to work in the mines under ground, a incentive to do dangerous work.
    No discrimination against women to do this work , women just not interested, then feminists screech men(miners) get paid more that women(above ground cleaners) yet fail to accept nothing stopping women from working down in the mines.
    There is no gender pay gap.
    Some jobs are dangerous or dirty/nasty.
    Most women have zero interest in doing these dangerous or dirty/nasty job, fact is most men are not either.
    So a businesses will have to pay a premium to get these jobs done.
    This is when mostly men step up to do these jobs.
    Feminists then screech about men getting paid more for the same job.
    "Why do men get paid more than women , when we both work for Boards Mining Inc",
    Well now you know.

Have you an actual example of feminists complaining about not being paid the same wage within a company for a completely different role or just a made up example?

On mining as an occupation, up until the Mines and Collieries Act 1842, men, women and children all worked in mines.

'In 1841 about 216,000 people were employed in the mines. Women and children worked underground for 11 or 12 hours a day for smaller wages than men. The public became aware of conditions in the country's collieries in 1838 after an accident at Huskar Colliery in Silkstone, near Barnsley.'

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mines_and_Collieries_Act_1842

So women were clearly willing to do this dangerous work alongside men. Women have only been allowed to work in mines by law since the 1980s. It is often not considered a viable option by women because it wasn't an option for many years and the reasons are far more complex than just they don't want to do dangerous work.

As for women shying away from dirty/nasty work? Im sure there's plenty of people working in cleaning jobs that will tell you different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Unpopular opinion - The majority of men are whingebag betas. There's only a small percentage of real alpha males who all the women want but they are very hard to spot in the wild. A lot of men fake apha-ism to trick women into bed/submission.

Alpha females eventually retort in resentment/anger at the trickery.

This is main reason for divorce in our society today. :pac:
    I’d say you enjoy a nice ass spanking ;)

blinding wrote: »
    I’d say you enjoy a nice ass spanking ;)

Perhaps blinding. Or maybe Im also an alpha and prefer to do the spanking but those betas just make it too easy.

Perhaps blinding. Or maybe Im also an alpha and prefer to do the spanking but those betas just make it too easy.
    Best of luck finding an Alpha to do the spanking.

Both of you will have a good time:D

Do you request Alphas on Tinder or the Like ? ? ?

blinding wrote: »
    Best of luck finding an Alpha to do the spanking.

Both of you will have a good time:D

Do you request Alphas on Tinder or the Like ? ? ?

Yes and anyone who responds goes straight into the beta pile. No alpha worth my time would respond to that request :)

• Advertisement

Yes and anyone who responds goes straight into the beta pile. No alpha worth my time would respond to that request :)
    Where do you find you Alphas ? Is it those that survive the Nastiest War Battles ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Re: the whole gender pay gap ...
    There's 7+ billion people in this world. Am sure it happens. But no way it happens as much as people say. Not on this side of the world at least.

There's different jobs, industries, companies and with that pay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

I don't know if this is unpopular or not but I think that doctors should continue prescribing benzos, opiates, stimulants to patients already on them and not cut them off while not giving them an alternative. I know many friends who were on Xanax and morphine short term only to be cut off and simply go and get them on the black market.

Doctors shouldn't be prescribing willy nilly to new patients but to older ones, there's no point in cutting them off as they'll just get them from another, more untrustworthy and risky source.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭LilacNails

So sick of hearing about Adele and people falling over her.

She's a good singer/songwriter for def... But it's not like she's discovered a cure for cancer.

Feck off a while longer pls?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

LilacNails wrote: »
    So sick of hearing about Adele and people falling over her.

She's a good singer/songwriter for def... But it's not like she's discovered a cure for cancer.

Feck off a while longer pls?

I'd imagine that opinion is as popular as it is unpopular.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

I like Donald Trump and want to see him do a second term. Mostly because it annoys people

• Registered Users Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I say I like Donald Trump and want to see him do a second term. Mostly because it annoys people

FYP

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I like Donald Trump and want to see him do a second term. Mostly because it annoys people
    Its not as if the Democrat Establishment would be any different ! The Americans have their own FFG. It doesn’t actually make any difference which of them are in power.

Obama looked after the Banks so well when he was in power, that they have made him a multi-millionaire over over again since he left office as payback ! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Unpopular opinion - The majority of men are whingebag betas. There's only a small percentage of real alpha males who all the women want but they are very hard to spot in the wild. A lot of men fake apha-ism to trick women into bed/submission.

Alpha females eventually retort in resentment/anger at the trickery.

This is main reason for divorce in our society today. :pac:

Hope you're ok hun. I am sorry for you being tricked into submission, it must have been really tough for you. If you are so easily beguiled into bed by what you now call a faux 'beta male', the jokes on you. Face your inner deminz. Inner reflection instead of projection. Thoughts and prayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Vaste swathes of the electorate don't deserve a vote or a say on constitutional issues.

There is an anarchistic vote out there. There is also a group who don't know that have of the tripe that's promised during elections is unrealistic.

There is also a hardcore who contribute very little financially to the Exchequer and think they should have everything designed to suit them.

While I agree democracy is a good thing, at times it holds us back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

If you dig through the statistics women get paid
    *more*
    than men, 6% is the difference this applies to single young people. Women are now more educated but you have no hope of a ride if you tell them that or ask them to pay for dinner.
    da_miser wrote: »
    Ok then , there is no gender pay gap.
    Men & women get paid the same for the same job, thats the law.
    Women have a problem with men getting paid more for working the same hours.
    A supermarket worker does not deserve the same as a miner, working a kilometre underground in a dangerous environment.
    Nothing stopping a woman applying for a miners job, other than its dangerous hard work and they are not interested.
    Plenty of men happy with a job in a supermarket, realise if they want better pay, got to do a harder/dangerous job, not willing to do this, so accept their lot in life.
    Women don't see this, only that men get paid more, yep for nasty dangerous jobs, these same jobs are there for women to do , but women dont want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I've never found Robin Williams funny or amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The majority of people, if they really tried, could in fact make it to Woodies without their kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Portmanteau

Omackeral wrote: »
    I actually think he was a great actor in serious roles but yeah, didn't find his overly hyper, zany shtick funny at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Omackeral wrote: »

he seemed like a really good natured man ( though obviously troubled ) but i always preferred him when he acted in straight roles , his comedy i found irritating

• Advertisement

Good in Mork and Mindy when I was young but otherwise like the curates egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,158 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

hardybuck wrote: »
    Vaste swathes of the electorate don't deserve a vote or a say on constitutional issues.

There is an anarchistic vote out there. There is also a group who don't know that have of the tripe that's promised during elections is unrealistic.

There is also a hardcore who contribute very little financially to the Exchequer and think they should have everything designed to suit them.

While I agree democracy is a good thing, at times it holds us back.

... and don't forget the third of those who couldn't be bothered voting, then moan about everything afterwards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I despise the people who when they find out you dont vote because none of them are worth voting for cry "you have to vote, as people died for the right to vote",

The notion that people fought for the right to choose is lost on these people. If you are forced to vote for people you dont like, then those people that died for the right, died for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I despise the people who when they find out you dont vote because none of them are worth voting for cry "you have to vote, as people died for the right to vote",

The notion that people fought for the right to choose is lost on these people. If you are forced to vote for people you dont like, then those people that died for the right, died for nothing.

It’s a shame they didn’t go the extra mile and add a “none of the above” option.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

It’s a shame they didn’t go the extra mile and add a “none of the above” option.

I spoiled my vote,in previous elections

Just wrote big x across the page

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I spoiled my vote,in previous elections

Just wrote big x across the page

It’s a real shame that a premeditated “spoiled” vote gets lumped in with the people who couldn’t follow simple instructions.

The people behind the “e-voting” took great pride in the fact the vote, itself, couldn’t be spoiled. It should be your democratic right to spoil your own vote but a “none of the above” option would be the only way to distinguish an actual intentional spoiling from a mistake.

Makes it easier for those “in charge” to dismiss “spoiled” votes as the work of hash heads and those with mental disabilities instead of people who would like to see better candidates run.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

well said, let the useless feckers realize how many people are disillusioned with all of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭cms88

Antares35 wrote: »
    The majority of people, if they really tried, could in fact make it to Woodies without their kids.

Or anywhere in genreal really tbh

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

The 'interview the person below you' thread is a big steaming pile of ****tzen. Total waste of bits.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Women aren't attracted to men (on a raw, physical level) as vice versa. I've hang out with both male and female friends (whom I was close to). It seems the men wouldn't go a day without talking about the girls in my class that they'd ****. My female friends did talk about cute guys but it was in a more subtle way and never really wanted to have sex with them. It seems that they needed a connection.

If you think about it, it's probably true seeing as men also get aroused by tits, ass, yoga pants but women don't get aroused by random dick pics or a shirtless body.

Advertisement