Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Change the fuppin record, Justin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Unpopular opinion - the last few pages have been pure and utter shite

I have no doubt that if I was over 70 and still in good health, that I would be doing my own shopping and going for walks.

I totally get why older, fit, independent people are going against the guidelines. I'm not saying that they should, just that I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

But does it ?
    For example, I think the vast amount of fat people are fat due to their own lifestyle, laziness, and dependency on crap food etc.
    Yes there are exceptions due to medical reasons, steroids etc.
    It is also a fact they are a burden on the health system

I believe a lot of people think this, but seemingly expressing this is frowned upon, and attacking the poster wont change this.

If I say I prefer foreign girls to Irish girls, which is not only my preference but my right, again parochial defensive Irish people will jump on board.
    These opinions dont make the poster a horrible person, but people will label anyone who dont agree with them as that to suit their agenda.

I agree with you and i am fat.Im fat cause i dont exercise and eat food.Im not fat cause of "genetics" or "not eating all day"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭She is d.i.s.c.o

I liked Liam Gallagher's song, Songbird.

• Advertisement

dubstarr wrote: »
    I agree with you and i am fat.Im fat cause i dont exercise and eat food.Im not fat cause of "genetics" or "not eating all day"

And do you find that being told that motivates you to lose weight?

There are studies that indicate the opposite.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Depressing People about their weight will not help People to lose weight.

blinding wrote: »

Try telling that to Justin.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

blinding wrote: »

Agree. It's like smoking. All the "subtle" hints, tut tuts, and health speeches won't help anyone to quit.

Until a person decides to quit themselves it's not going to happen. Then the tutters can step in and give positive vibes instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gary550

But does it ?
    For example, I think the vast amount of fat people are fat due to their own lifestyle, laziness, and dependency on crap food etc.
    Yes there are exceptions due to medical reasons, steroids etc.
    It is also a fact they are a burden on the health system

It's a pretty generic point Justin. Do you hold the same opinion about smokers? people who are alcohol dependant (or abuse alcohol on a regular basis)? Drug dependant people (or recreational abusers of drugs)? You could even stretch it to people who like to or regularly drive fast & in a reckless manner. They all have to avoid logic in their choices and are all a burden (or potential burden) on the healthcare system & state.

What about poor people? It can be argued that they lack resolve, are too lazy to better themselves, are victims of their own lifestyle choices and generally have a much greater likelihood of being smokers or alcohol dependant or overweight or uneducated which in turn not only makes them potentially detrimental to our healthcare system but also a permanent drain on Mr & Mrs Tax Payer because they are more likely to need subsidised income and state sponsored housing.

Now all the above are not my unpopular opinion nor do I hold any contempt for any of the above groups but all are valid arguments when you take into account your arguments about lifestyle choices, laziness etc.

Out of curiosity where is your line drawn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'd hope it's drawn in the sand.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Going to a holiday homes and exercising outside - makes no difference in the overall scale of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ah it does though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Panthro wrote: »
    Ah it does though.

Going "shopping" - many unnecessary shopping trips is probably in the order of 50 times worse.
    We will find all this out when real data comes out in a few years - sure all these restrictions people want now , will be first to go

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I liked Liam Gallagher's song, Songbird.

Yeah, I think it's a fairly decent tune.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

gary550 wrote: »
    It's a pretty generic point Justin. Do you hold the same opinion about smokers? people who are alcohol dependant (or abuse alcohol on a regular basis)? Drug dependant people (or recreational abusers of drugs)? You could even stretch it to people who like to or regularly drive fast & in a reckless manner. They all have to avoid logic in their choices and are all a burden (or potential burden) on the healthcare system & state.

What about poor people? It can be argued that they lack resolve, are too lazy to better themselves, are victims of their own lifestyle choices and generally have a much greater likelihood of being smokers or alcohol dependant or overweight or uneducated which in turn not only makes them potentially detrimental to our healthcare system but also a permanent drain on Mr & Mrs Tax Payer because they are more likely to need subsidised income and state sponsored housing.

Now all the above are not my unpopular opinion nor do I hold any contempt for any of the above groups but all are valid arguments when you take into account your arguments about lifestyle choices, laziness etc.

Fat people people being a burden on the health system is a fact which I am entitled to voice. Do I want those people to die, of course not, but I would rather see them exercise, or change their diet. I have friends who are fat, but it does not change the truth.

As for recreational junkies, and chain smokers again this is their lifestyle even if most are thin. and yes they do, like fat people will have a shorter life expectancy.
    You can argue drink and drugs are an addiction....is laziness an "addiction

Laziness is not reserved for the poor, laziness is classless. Plenty "poor" people cannot afford a car or as many taxis so will do more walking.

My point is bone idle laziness, is not in the same league as prescribed, or recreational drugs or alcohol,

No one goes to bed thin and wakes up obese
    They allow it to happen, they see themselves getting fatter and fatter and do nothing, at what point when your clothes don't fit do you say, its time to change things ?

No but nobody says anything to me.Saying that im deaf as well so maybe i cant hear it:D

gary550 wrote: »

I think the difference is nobody NEEDS to smoke,Nobody NEEDS TO drink.But you NEED food.You cant cut it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭playonplayette

Men who cry...a lot.

Sorry..I know all this modern shyte and all people should express themselves and yea to a certain extent but tbf I just don't get or like men who cry a lot.

Like I remember myself as a kid being told not to cry sometimes and I'm a woman. I remember falling in the playground and holding back the tears because I didn't want anyone to see me cry and being proud I fell and didn't cry.

Not saying people or men shouldn't express themselves but I just wouldn't want a man who cries more than I do and that's that.

The reason, often, when a man cries that it's comes across as moving is because it's not associated with men so therefore when he does it's attributed as 'it must be something big/deep but I've known male cryers from when I was a kid and older and most of them were self pitying whingy *****. Just antidotal but there ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

No real unpopular opinions in this thread, posters are afraid of a ban if they give a unpopular one!
    If its a opinion why should boards issue bans for posters being honest?

• Advertisement

da_miser wrote: »
    No real unpopular opinions in this thread, posters are afraid of a ban if they give a unpopular one!
    If its a opinion why should boards issue bans for posters being honest?

Not all unpopular opinions are reasons to be banned.

For example..I think The Smiths are overated ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

For example..I think The Smiths are overated ****.

I was with ya in the first half

Rothko wrote: »
    I was with ya in the first half

I don't care :)

Well lets find out,
    There are only 2 genders!

Well lets find out,
    There are only 2 genders!

Been done before miser.

Since it's only me and you here right now I guess it would be unpopular for me to say..you're not up to date :/ Unless Rothko has something to say about it...

Been done before miser.

Since it's only me and you here right now I guess it would be unpopular for me to say..you're not up to date :/ Unless Rothko has something to say about it...

Ok then , there is no gender pay gap.
    Men & women get paid the same for the same job, thats the law.
    Women have a problem with men getting paid more for working the same hours.
    A supermarket worker does not deserve the same as a miner, working a kilometre underground in a dangerous environment.
    Nothing stopping a woman applying for a miners job, other than its dangerous hard work and they are not interested.
    Plenty of men happy with a job in a supermarket, realise if they want better pay, got to do a harder/dangerous job, not willing to do this, so accept their lot in life.
    Women don't see this, only that men get paid more, yep for nasty dangerous jobs, these same jobs are there for women to do , but women dont want them.

Ok then , there is no gender pay gap.
    Men & women get paid the same for the same job, thats the law.
    Women have a problem with men getting paid more for working the same hours. supermarket worker does not deserve the same as a miner, working a kilometre underground in a dangerous environment.
    Nothing stopping a woman applying for a miners job, other than its dangerous hard work and they are not interested.
    Plenty of men happy with a job in a supermarket, realise if they want better pay, got to do a harder/dangerous job, not willing to do this, so accept their lot in life.
    Women don't see this, only that me get paid more, yep for nasty dangerous jobs, these same jobs are there for women to do , but women dont want them.

I'm fine with that except the point you randomly snook in of 'Women have a problem with men getting paid more for working the same hours.' :confused: in what context did you mean that?

If they are in the same job and working with the same ability and working the same hours then why wouldn't they get paid the same??

Unpopular opinion - The majority of men are whingebag betas. There's only a small percentage of real alpha males who all the women want but they are very hard to spot in the wild. A lot of men fake apha-ism to trick women into bed/submission.

Alpha females eventually retort in resentment/anger at the trickery.

This is main reason for divorce in our society today. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

We will look back upon the present crisis and say how the f**k did we allow ourselves f**k up things so badly.

• Advertisement

I'm fine with that except the point you randomly snook in of 'Women have a problem with men getting paid more for working the same hours.' :confused: in what context did you mean that?

If they are in the same job and working with the same ability and working the same hours then why wouldn't they get paid the same??

Women moan about pay gap
    Women say men get paid more
    Law states that men and women get paid same rate for same job.
    Any business not doing so is open to huge lawsuit.
    So can you give examples of pay difference for exact same job?
    They don't exist outside the minds of deranged feminists on the fringe!

Boards diamond mining Inc pays the miners E10 per hour for going 1 km under ground to dig out diamonds.
    Boards diamond mining Inc pays E8 per hour to clean workers quarters at ground level.
    No barrier to working under ground for E10 per hour, just have to want to, many men would rather get E8 per hour above ground than risk going underground.
    Then we have modern feminists screeching this is sexist, both the miners and cleaner work for Boards Mining Inc and should be paid the same.
    If this was the case who the hell would risk going down underground in the mines when they could get the same pay for cleaning above ground?
    So Boards Mining Inc offers a higher pay rate to work in the mines under ground, a incentive to do dangerous work.
    No discrimination against women to do this work , women just not interested, then feminists screech men(miners) get paid more that women(above ground cleaners) yet fail to accept nothing stopping women from working down in the mines.
    There is no gender pay gap.
    Some jobs are dangerous or dirty/nasty.
    Most women have zero interest in doing these dangerous or dirty/nasty job, fact is most men are not either.
    So a businesses will have to pay a premium to get these jobs done.
    This is when mostly men step up to do these jobs.
    Feminists then screech about men getting paid more for the same job.
    "Why do men get paid more than women , when we both work for Boards Mining Inc",
    Well now you know.

Advertisement