Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Portmanteau

If you're a woman who's going through a "famine" at the moment for obvious reasons, nearly any man is a ride. So I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Makes it easier for those “in charge” to dismiss “spoiled” votes as the work of hash heads and those with mental disabilities instead of people who would like to see better candidates run.

Would be nice if the proportion of the none of the above votes reached a high enough threshold new candidates had to be found. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Since the Coronavirus hit, After Hours has become a sound place to be around. All the rancour has gone elsewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Women aren't attracted to men (on a raw, physical level) as vice versa. I've hang out with both male and female friends (whom I was close to). It seems the men wouldn't go a day without talking about the girls in my class that they'd ****. My female friends did talk about cute guys but it was in a more subtle way and never really wanted to have sex with them. It seems that they needed a connection.

If you think about it, it's probably true seeing as men also get aroused by tits, ass, yoga pants but women don't get aroused by random dick pics or a shirtless body.
    Not all women are the same ! Some of them would ride a door knob especially if it was a big door knob especially if no one else was going to find out ! !

Reputation of not being easy is very important to women So women that likes lots of sex with plenty of men keep it much much much more to themselves than men. Clever men will keep a lot of sexual activity to themselves if they want to keep getting it from the women in the above !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Oasis are ****e. As are picture this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Arghus wrote: »
    Since the Coronavirus hit, After Hours has become a sound place to be around. All the rancour has gone elsewhere.
    I read that as the roman emperor from the life of Brian who couldn't pronounce his 'r' sounds
    Makes more sense
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Women aren't attracted to men (on a raw, physical level) as vice versa. I've hang out with both male and female friends (whom I was close to). It seems the men wouldn't go a day without talking about the girls in my class that they'd ****. My female friends did talk about cute guys but it was in a more subtle way and never really wanted to have sex with them. It seems that they needed a connection.

If you think about it, it's probably true seeing as men also get aroused by tits, ass, yoga pants but women don't get aroused by random dick pics or a shirtless body.

Women talk amongst ourselves much more freely than when in mixed company and are much more open as we grow out if our teens with each other. And while dick pics don't do it for me (or any woman I know ) shirtless most certainly would.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Men want to be loved
    Women love to be wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ha you should see women with their friends.They would put the boys locker room to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

That's not so much as it is unpopular, rather just wrong. It's unpopular because it's incorrect :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Desire is Bob Dylan's best album

• Registered Users Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

retalivity wrote: »
    Desire is Bob Dylan's best album

Just to clarify, I “thanked” this post to agree that it would be a, deeply, “unpopular” opinion.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Just to clarify, I “thanked” this post to agree that it would be a, deeply, “unpopular” opinion.

Good album but a bit flowery, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Hurricane & Joey are as good as anything else written by Dylan.
    As an album, the sound and vibe from it, it is a masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

‘Sara’ and ‘Oh, Sister’ are great but ‘Isis’, ‘Hurricane’ and ‘Joey.’ are overly long.

I’ve mentioned before, on this site, that Dylan could have really done with an editor.

He could, also, have done with someone to “turn down” the harmonica on both the ‘Highway 61 Revisited’ and ‘Blonde on Blonde’ albums.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭cms88

Just because you have kids doesn't mean the world revolves around you

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

He could, also, have done with someone to “turn down” the harmonica on both the ‘Highway 61 Revisited’ and ‘Blonde on Blonde’ albums.

I'd love to hear a mix of those albums without the harmonica. It's a difficult instrument to love.

Although I love some of the manic harmonica blowing on the Rolling Thunder Revue. Some of his versions of songs on that are really wild, weird and wonderful. One more cup of coffee is great on that but boring af on the album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

you been sending pictures of your todger out to randomers from behind a fake account again Fegsy?

This thread though reflects the direction boards.ie is going in.

cms88 wrote: »
    Its usually when you have kids that you first work out that the world does not revolve around you ! ! !:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

cms88 wrote: »

Foillowing on from that:

You do not need to have kids to find a purpose in life. They are not the be all and end all, and are certainly not something everyone should just do because it's what everyone else does.

Still think you should need to get a license for having kids. Don't ask me how it would work, but some people shouldn't be allowed reproduce, and there are far too many parents out there who have no interest in parenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Foillowing on from that:

You do not need to have kids to find a purpose in life. They are not the be all and end all, and are certainly not something everyone should just do because it's what everyone else does.

Still think you should need to get a license for having kids. Don't ask me how it would work, but some people shouldn't be allowed reproduce, and there are far too many parents out there who have no interest in parenting.

Not having kids is doing your bit to help protect the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Women talk amongst ourselves much more freely than when in mixed company and are much more open as we grow out if our teens with each other. And while dick pics don't do it for me (or any woman I know ) shirtless most certainly would.

As someone who works all with women, and the only man in the company, I can confirm this. Whenever we have a couple of drinks I inevitably go a bit quiet as they're talking about men and then, sure enough, they forget I'm present and with a few drinks on them go full salivation mode on some of the men in their life they want to bed.

Sure Paddy and Biddy think they are mighty important ! !

The rest of the world = Meh !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I love Dylan but try playing John Wesley Harding with a hangover.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Am I the only one that doesn't get emotional when a friend shows me a video/story of animal cruelty? I don't condone it but I just can't feel bad.

Maybe I'm a sociopath cause I've seen some gorey stuff on the dark web and it didn't make me angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Am I the only one that doesn't get emotional when a friend shows me a video/story of animal cruelty? I don't condone it but I just can't feel bad.

Maybe I'm a sociopath cause I've seen some gorey stuff on the dark web and it didn't make me angry.

I can distance myself from it fairly well if I want to. After all it is only pixels changing colour on a little screen from China and not worth getting traumatised over.

Humanity has still come on a long way in the past few 100 years. Cruelty and torture not as widespread as before

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I tend to not look at it or avoid it , mainly as i am a big animal lover, always kept dogs etc,

In fact I find human suffering easier to take as i think humans as the so called most intelligent species are in a lot of case vile corrupt and horrible.

I prefer my dogs to any human on the planet outside my family.
    If my dog was drowning along with women and children and the lifeboat only had room for one more, my dog is getting the spot....no question

Humanity has still come on a long way in the past few 100 years. Cruelty and torture not as widespread as before

I beg to differ. Whether it’s the cruelty and life-long harm that is inflicted on children in some families, which I saw the outcomes of as a magistrate in the UK, or the use of cluster bombs, napalm, mustard gas, Zyklon B, water boarding, sensory deprivation - need I go on? Plus the “stand off”, anonymous, detached deployment of MQ-9 Reaper drones, I think that in the last 100 years humanity has finely honed its tools to commit such atrocities.

Shame on us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Saoirse Ronan is a fairly middle of the road actress with a fake Dublin accent.

Advertisement