Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Eir own it and as such wouldn't go near them

The difference with gomo over eir is that it works and there’s never any need to contact customer services, every month €9.99 bill comes in and I still can’t believe how cheap it is
    Vodafone was better but gomo is worth the money, why not order a sim and try it for a month

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The difference with gomo over eir is that it works and there’s never any need to contact customer services, every month €9.99 bill comes in and I still can’t believe how cheap it is
    Vodafone was better but gomo is worth the money, why not order a sim and try it for a month

You know that's a great idea

OmegaGene wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Rumpy wrote: »
    Got a new Sim from Vodafone on the unlimited X plan. Works perfect on phone but any device connected to hotspot gets no data access.
    Tried the Sim card in a Mifi and a 4G router . Connected to an perfect but again no data access from any device
    Also tried a vpn on phone still no luck

When I use my old Vodafone X sim everything works with all devices

Looks like they have somehow blocked hotshot your phone with the new plan

Tried a few different APNs no joy

Anyone got any idea on a work around

I'm in a similar boat to you, only with the same sim I've had for the last few years.

I can connect once, to the laptop, or PC. Works fine, but any time after that, I can connect but no data access. USB tethering works fine. I had the same problem with my old phone, Huaewi P8, I think it was, and had to root it, and change something in it that someone on boards recommended to do.

New phone since Christmas, and the same problem. Connected just one time with data access. After a while, I flushed the DNS on the laptop, and it worked, but again, just once.

I'm not stuck for it, but it's a pain anytime I need to use it, I have to usb tether.

As an aside, I'm lucky to get 10mb where I am. Usually, it's 5 or 6mb in speed, so nothing much will change for me except it will be unlimited all the time from June 6.

I'll try some of Ten Pins suggestions and see if it makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭tjhook

I was in the same boat - I was on Vodafone X for a while, very happy with it. Then I changed the car for one that connects to my phone over bluetooth for traffic alerts etc. That's viewed as tethering, so it wouldn't work with Vodafone X. (My phone has up-to-date version of Android, so doesn't allow Vodafone's "non-tethering" APN to be deleted)

I've gone to Gomo despite the Eir connection. It's been grand.

• Advertisement

tjhook wrote: »
    I was in the same boat - I was on Vodafone X for a while, very happy with it. Then I changed the car for one that connects to my phone over bluetooth for traffic alerts etc. That's viewed as tethering, so it wouldn't work with Vodafone X. (My phone has up-to-date version of Android, so doesn't allow Vodafone's "non-tethering" APN to be deleted)

I've gone to Gomo despite the Eir connection. It's been grand.

Recommend go mo?
    Paying for 2 vodaphone x deals every month, and with the 10 MB max download speed not too happy
    Can't speak to anyone in customer care ref loyalty as I was told any offers and they'll contact me
    Afraid of anything that eir is connected to, they burnt me bad a few years ago

e12.99 now though

e12.99 now though

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭tjhook

Recommend go mo?
    Paying for 2 vodaphone x deals every month, and with the 10 MB max download speed not too happy
    Can't speak to anyone in customer care ref loyalty as I was told any offers and they'll contact me
    Afraid of anything that eir is connected to, they burnt me bad a few years ago

I agree with OmegaGene. The move to Gomo went smoothly, and I've had no reason to contact them since. Everything has just worked.

Having said that, I too was burned by Eir before. If I *do* have to contact them at any point, I expect it will be a disaster.

tjhook wrote: »
    I agree with OmegaGene. The move to Gomo went smoothly, and I've had no reason to contact them since. Everything has just worked.

Having said that, I too was burned by Eir before. If I *do* have to contact them at any point, I expect it will be a disaster.

I was so wound up I near crashed whilst trying to explain to them on speaker my hassles, genuinely had me so in a tizzy I had to stop the car,
    Would have actually hurt physically the clown from eir
    Who passed me over to another, who left me hanging for over 40 minutes, then casually dropped my call, infuriating

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 inyourp

In fairness I've Vodafone and speed on 4G+ is 90-100mbps, we also have gomo and speed is only 3-5mbps. We live in Newbridge and the tower with Eir and Vodafone is about 200 meters from our house (with direct view).

I'm not sure if Eir is limiting Gomo speeds, but the speeds are fraction of Vodafone, and coverage pretty bad. I suppose for 9.99 it is fine for making phone calls and kids, but for serious data usage Vodafone is only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Pekarirska

Vodafone X prepay in Dunmore East yesterday. Well over 10 Mbps limit.
    513220.png

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

Pekarirska wrote: »
    Vodafone X prepay in Dunmore East yesterday. Well over 10 Mbps limit.
    513220.png

Great speeds, but the 10Mb/s doesn't kick in til June 6th.

Gadge wrote: »
    Great speeds, but the 10Mb/s doesn't kick in til June 6th.

Yep that's my problem aswell, getting fantastic speed's ATM, waiting until June 6 the to see if I'm jumping or not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Wonder is it still possible to opt in to Music or Sport (only 30GB) and avoid the speed cap which seems to only affect Weekend plan.

https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107621449&postcount=457

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Can anyone confirm that this vodaphone x sim will work in a 4G modem as it is a tempting proposition Vs using a three sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,754 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Wonder is it still possible to opt in to Music or Sport (only 30GB) and avoid the speed cap which seems to only affect Weekend plan.

https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107621449&postcount=457

I thought music ( free Spotify) was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I thought music (free Spotify) was gone.

AFAIK Spotify is extra but it's optional, it's just a suggestion that might work to get 30GB with no speed cap for 20e.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I thought music ( free Spotify) was gone.

It is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

homingbird wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that this vodaphone x sim will work in a 4G modem as it is a tempting proposition Vs using a three sim.

It works currently for me in 4g modem. Will see what happens come the 6th june

• Advertisement

physioman wrote: »
    It works currently for me in 4g modem. Will see what happens come the 6th june
    Ok thanks for reply had you to change any settings in modem for it to work & as for the 10mb limit on the 6th might only be term on paper & not imposed like 3 did hope so anyway

One good outcome of this is it might take some of the load off 3 so speeds should pickup for 3 users.

Ok thanks for reply had you to change any settings in modem for it to work & as for the 10mb limit on the 6th might only be term on paper & not imposed like 3 did hope so anyway

No just literally put it in and worked.

you still have to activate the sim in a phone like a three sim as its a phone sim so you want a vodaphone phone or a unlocked one to do it.

you still have to activate the sim in a phone like a three sim as its a phone sim so you want a vodaphone phone or a unlocked one to do it.

Yeah my 4g modem was unlocked so when initially putting in the sim I had to type in the pin code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

physioman wrote: »
    Yeah my 4g modem was unlocked so when initially putting in the sim I had to type in the pin code
    What exactly modem u have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

can anyone recommend 4g modem with sim slot that I can bridge to Asus RT-N66U

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

I'm currently on the Vodafone X Music plan. With the free spotify leaving does anyone find the other X plans worth moving to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

I'm currently on the Vodafone X Music plan. With the free spotify leaving does anyone find the other X plans worth moving to?

I left the spotify plan 2 or 3 months ago and continued to get free premium & still have it! I actually ported to 48 today but it's still working.

Advertisement