Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A/R TT....Round 2 - 1 mile TT, Saturday May 30th *** please read post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Maybe edit the thread title with **See post # 328**

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

I agree...I'm only here for the banter :)

It’s terrible that the two organisers had to be prompted into doing something, couldn’t see the obvious the pair of them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

OOnegative wrote:
    It’s terrible that the two organisers had to be prompted into doing something, couldn’t see the obvious the pair of them!!

I can't help it if our TT is more popular than yours. Look at that table......... Impressive... What an excellent marketing team we have in place for this TT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

OOnegative wrote: »

And imagine you did it all by yourself with the last one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

And imagine you did it all by yourself with the last one :D

With all his flip flopping it ended up being a team of 25 that decided how things would work. The organiser gave up organisational duties after about 3 days in favour of a free for all. :D

• Advertisement

Jaysus lads getting a bit tetchy here...Too much sun maybe ;)

I can't help it if our TT is more popular than yours. Look at that table......... Impressive... What an excellent marketing team we have in place for this TT.

Piggybacking on what I began you mean.......

skyblue46 wrote: »
    With all his flip flopping it ended up being a team of 25 that decided how things would work. The organiser gave up organisational duties after about 3 days in favour of a free for all. :D

As I said I gave the punters what they wanted, this thread is like an internment camp, do this, do that, do what we say.....,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

Never raced a mile and been keen to for ages so I can't not give this a go, but I've done no speed training (not so much as a stride!) for about two months so I haven't a notion what to target. 6:45 maybe.
    Thanks to the organisers, never knew you were such tyrants though lads :D

As I said I gave the punters what they wanted, this thread is like an internment camp, do this, do that, do what we say.....,,,,

In others words, it's organised. Thanks B :D

• Advertisement

eyrie wrote: »
    Thanks to the organisers, never knew you were such tyrants though lads :D

Last bit says it all, I rest my case in victory!!!!

Piggybacking on what I began you mean.......

Improving upon...as I'm sure will the organiser of the next one on this. It's an organic process.. :):)

Last bit says it all, I rest my case in victory!!!!

I didn't know you wanted the tables removed so you'd have a clear stage to perform on :P

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Sussex18

I'll give this a go if it's not too late to sign up.. I'm F40 and I'd be hopeful of 6:40. This is only my second ever 1 mile race with the first being used only as a warm up so I didn't really give it much!

Improving upon...as I'm sure will the organiser of the next one on this. It's an organic process.. :):)

Oh yeah improving upon, how many times is it now I had to correct the two of ye on how to do things. Only for me there would another 5 pages of tables today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Jaysus lads getting a bit tetchy here...Too much sun maybe

Careful or you won't have a training plan for next week

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

It would be great to get involved in this, I’m getting back into running now with the good weather! If you could put me down for 6:50, M25. Thank you!

It would be great to get involved in this, I’m getting back into running now with the good weather! If you could put me down for 6:50, M25. Thank you!

Delighted to have you on board. We'll include you in the table when OOnegative gives us his permission :pac::pac:

So after watching a few YouTube videos last night on how to train for a mile I set out today to do 8x 400s, 2x sets of 4 with a 3 min jog between. 90 secs recovery between reps.

Goal was to get a feel for target pace, and to try keep control of it.

Struggled with it until the last 2 reps, went out way too fast. Loved the session though.

Reps were 88, 90, 90, 90, 89, 89, 88, 87.

Will do similar next week with reduced recovery.

Also tested out my route. It's a cracking route, I'm blessed with it.

Pancake flat quiet country road, tarmac all the way. Road is exactly a mile long.

Started off under the shade of a big tree, finished under another one, exactly at a STOP sign.

If anyone is within 5km of Celbridge I'd definitely recommend it. Simmonstown Manor the road is called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

How about a pyramid session of 200/400/600/800? 200 and 400s slighty quicker than goal pace and the 600/800s slightly slower?

That would be a tougie.

How about a pyramid session of 200/400/600/800? 200 and 400s slighty quicker than goal pace and the 600/800s slightly slower?

That would be a tougie.

Recoveries would be what C? Do you double up on the 800's?

Lazare wrote: »
    Also tested out my route. It's a cracking route, I'm blessed with it.

Pancake flat quiet country road, tarmac all the way. Road is exactly a mile long.

Started off under the shade of a big tree, finished under another one, exactly at a STOP sign.

If anyone is within 5km of Celbridge I'd definitely recommend it. Simmonstown Manor the road is called.

He’ll find something wrong with it C, wait and see!!!

May be a few of us that will discover a love for a new distance after this.

Kinda like this mile stuff. :)

Careful or you won't have a training plan for next week

Hmmm were you told to tell me this:eek:

He’ll find something wrong with it C, wait and see!!!

He just gave me kudos on it.

Phew. I'm in the clear :p

He just gave me kudos on it.

Phew. I'm in the clear :p

Oh don’t fall for that, he’ll lull you into a false sense of security then take you out at the knees!!!

Double up on the 800s; recoveries the same as the reps as you would be fairly moving during the reps. That would be my take on it; shorter speed pyramids are not something we typically do so open to suggestions on this. Will be winging it on the 30th with my extremely limited (1 outing) mile experience!

Recoveries would be what C? Do you double up on the 800's?

Double up on the 800s; recoveries the same as the reps as you would be fairly moving during the reps. That would be my take on it; shorter speed pyramids are not something we typically do so open to suggestions on this. Will be winging it on the 30th with my extremely limited (1 outing) mile experience!

One outing which you ran very well! Ah I'll give that one a lash. I'm just doing sessions in a very random way at the moment mixing paces and duration. It's hugely enjoyable if not race distance specific.

• Advertisement

Remember that quote on the 30th when you get that metallic taste of blood in your mouth with 250m to go and all you want is for the mile to be over.
    May be a few of us that will discover a love for a new distance after this.

Kinda like this mile stuff. :)

Advertisement