Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Thanks guys, it was great. Lizardlegz I ticked the box on the harmony test to find out the gender but I might just ask them to note my file. That way if I decide to find I can. Found out on both previous pregnancies so there’s also a good chance that if everything is ok I’ll be dying to know!
    Also feel my stomach has popped a bit, especially in the eve.
    Does anyone the schedule for combined care. I’m private with my consultant but in Galway it’s combined with the gp. I didn’t get my chart yesterday because the consultants secretary said it had to go into the hospital to be registered. Just wondering when I should go back to the gp. I vaguely remember my gp saying when I had my initial consultation over the phone that it would be around the 16 week mark. Does that sound right? I know I could just ring them!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

I put jeans on this morning for the first time, now in saying that they are Boyfriend Jeans and a size bigger than i usually am and they're still a little lose but defo tighter than they were. But actually feel quite normal today :) I just had my booking appt over the phone with the Coombe instead of having to do it next Thursday, I will have my scan first now and then pop over for my bloods but have all the questions answered so hopefully I should be in and out within an hour. I also think i'm going to attend the midwives clinic in my area. She said i'll need to see consultant on first visit in the hosp as i had a previous section, but said i can attend the midwife led clinic until closer the due date and a decision has been made about whether i will go VBAC or section.

I have a copy of the combined card and on the back it says 24,28 & 30 wks with GP and then 32 Hospital 34 GP 36 Hospital and then alternates every week. It says the schedule of visits may vary. I thought i seen my GP and consultant before anomaly scan which would have been 22 weeks previously.

Thanks elly, rang consultant and they said to go to gp at 18 weeks. Think I’ll go at 16 though! Then anatomy scan at 20 and consultant at 24. Every 4 week will be long enough for me!!
    It’s lovely when you feel ‘normal’ again. I’m starting to get there too but the evenings are still hard. Some of the bloating has passed and while I’m definitely getting rounder in my stomach I feel good.
    Starting to think about changing my car!! Obviously doesn’t need to be done for a long while yet but just looking at my options. Anyone else going from 2-3 and doing the same? I’m really liking the skoda kodiaq! Any recommendations? I’ve obviously too much time on my hands at the moment to be thinking about this!
    I’m 12 weeks today! Have told my parents and three friends weeks ago but could easily not tell anyone else for weeks!
    Hope everyone has a lovely weekend, the sun is shining for me this morning:)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

Cant, we changed our car going from 2-3!

The main contenders were the Skoda kodiaq and the new Peugeot 5008! I wanted the Skoda as I thought it looked nicer and husband wanted the Peugeot. In the end we went for Peugeot. I didn’t like the older Peugeot 5008s at all. But a new model came out in 2018 and they look a lot better than the previous model. Realistically speaking the Peugeot was a lot bigger inside. The second row had 3 full seats so we could put 3 full car seats on the second row and still have an entire big boot for buggy and scooters etc etc. With the kodiaq if you have 3 proper car seats one will need to go in the boot (3rd row). And when you put down the third row of seats there is literally no boot space at all. I’m glad we ended up getting the Peugeot now considering we’ve number 4 on the way.

When the lockdown finished you should defo go and try them
    Out.

Lizardlegz wrote: »
    Cant, we changed our car going from 2-3!

The main contenders were the Skoda kodiaq and the new Peugeot 5008! I wanted the Skoda as I thought it looked nicer and husband wanted the Peugeot. In the end we went for Peugeot. I didn’t like the older Peugeot 5008s at all. But a new model came out in 2018 and they look a lot better than the previous model. Realistically speaking the Peugeot was a lot bigger inside. The second row had 3 full seats so we could put 3 full car seats on the second row and still have an entire big boot for buggy and scooters etc etc. With the kodiaq if you have 3 proper car seats one will need to go in the boot (3rd row). And when you put down the third row of seats there is literally no boot space at all. I’m glad we ended up getting the Peugeot now considering we’ve number 4 on the way.

When the lockdown finished you should defo go and try them
    Out.

Thanks for that lizardlegz! Our neighbors got the new 5008 in January and it’s gorgeous looking so different from the older model. interesting about the kodiaq, I really like it. By the time the baby comes both boys will be in high back boosters, would they take up the same space as full cars seats?! Will definitely be checking them all out when lockdown is over. The discovery 4 is also a 7 seater but think it’s very boxy. Of course I go on appearances but my husband thankfully will be more practical!!! Hope you are having a lovely weekend:)

• Advertisement

No probs at all! My husband didn’t like the discoveries he also said they looked boxy! Tbh I would’ve liked the Volvo XC90!!!! Hahaha. But mr practical said I was being way over the top! So we settled on the Peugeot. Now don’t get me wrong the Peugeot is great! However.... himself is now saying he wants the Volvo... and that’s our next car! Lol.... surprise surprise!!!

Lizardlegz wrote: »
    No probs at all! My husband didn’t like the discoveries he also said they looked boxy! Tbh I would’ve liked the Volvo XC90!!!! Hahaha. But mr practical said I was being way over the top! So we settled on the Peugeot. Now don’t get me wrong the Peugeot is great! However.... himself is now saying he wants the Volvo... and that’s our next car! Lol.... surprise surprise!!!

We have the same taste lizardlegz!!! Absolutely love the XC90! Definitely won’t be getting it this time though :)

Harmony test results came back today, all low risk thank god. Absolutely buzzing now!

How’s everyone doing?

Nearly 13 weeks here. Still pretty nauseous. Sometimes I’m worse in the evening and sometimes I’m worse in the mornings.

My three year old has taken to getting up for the day at 5am when the birds start chirping! Im wrecked from it. Hopefully it will pass but need to pick up some back out blinds or curtains.

Delighted cant26, you must be so relieved at your results. That's great news. I'm sure it put a pep in your step this morning :)

I'm a little nauseous most days, i had felt great for about 2/3 days and i thought this is great but it came back again.

I'm so restless the last two nights, twisting and turning all night, i'm finding it so warm at night time. I 'll have to get myself a fan if it continues.

Omg cant26 5am starts would kill me. I'm going to sound like the worst parent ever but my 7yr old isn't getting up until between 10 & 11am most mornings. He goes to bed @ 9pm and reads but then starts playing with his teddy bears and its close to 11 when he is going asleep. At the moment it suits because i'm getting 2-3hrs work done before he gets up. He will read and do numbots on the ipad while i'm working and then we do his school work together after i finish work at 2pm at the moment its the most stress free way of doing things here.
    My husband mentioned this morning that govt. are suggesting anyone that can work from home should continue to do so until sept :eek: If that is the case I will only be back to the office and then finishing up on maternity leave. My boss will love me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DubGal123

Congrats cant26 that's great news, must feel like you can really start to get excited now! So exciting!

I'm doing grand, have been very lucky on the symptoms front. I find time seems to be going a little bit more quickly now, the first few weeks dragged in - I'm 11.5 weeks! We told our parents after our early scan at 9.5 weeks and had been thinking of telling some wider family this weekend at 12 weeks but starting to think now I'll waiting until after booking appointment at 13 weeks. I'm not really sure what reassurance I'll get from that though as it's Domino, so there's no scan. Does anyone know what else they will check for an indication the pregnancy is going okay? Would it be too early to use a Doppler at that stage? I'm very clueless and starting to wonder now the appointments getting closer!

• Advertisement

Cant that’s amazing news! The harmony came back so quickly! Delighted for you.

Elly that’s amazing about your son! If I my it was the same in our house! Our house is so full on at the moment it’s just crazy!

Ladies I weighed myself this morning! Jesus I was NOT happy. I’ve put on 9lbs! I’m pretty slim anyway but I just know by the end of this I’m going to be like a beached whale. Agh feel like crap!

Thanks everyone, it was a lovely call to get. Wasn’t expecting it until around Friday.

Wow elly, that’s amazing that your son sleeps until that time because at least you can focus fully on work with no guilt attached! It’s great to have figured out a routine that works for your family. My oldest goes to bed about 9 and usually wakes about 8 but the other little monkey is a different story! My husband is a great Help but still wrecked from it it.

Don’t worry about the scales lizardlegz aren’t you a bit further along too? Crazy how it can creep up? Hope you’re keeping well otherwise. Have you told your kids about the baby?

Dubgal I remember on my first the gp used the Doppler at around 12 weeks and she got the heartbeat but I have heard that that can be unusual and some doctors and midwives prefer to wait a bit longer in case it causes distress if they can’t pick it up. So I think it will depend. Maybe if you ask they will do it? Best of luck with your appointment.
    We are going to tell my husbands family at the weekend. Going to wait another 2-3 weeks before I tell work!

Thanks Cant26, that's good to know it's possible so! I'll have my fingers crossed they use the Doppler - would be so reassured to hear the heartbeat, I wouldn't mind too much about waiting to 20 weeks for the scan then as we had the early one. Looking forward to having the appointment now, will feel like a milestone reached hopefully! Enjoy spreading your good news Cant! :)

Had my dating scan today. All went great, was so relieved. Sonographer was so lovely and reassuring. Baby wasn't cooperating so struggled to get an exact date. The measurement she did get was 12 +3 and my date was 12 +5 she said if baby moved their head the measurement would be more accurate and probably closer to 12 +5, she had me jumping up and down and shimmying to try get baby to move the way she needed to, to get the right measurement :)

I cant avail of the domino scheme because i had a previous section but i can go to midwife led clinic. I have to see consultant on first visit and then decide which way I go. I will get my consultant appt by post for 4-6 wks time and i will get my anomaly scan appt by post for circa 9 weeks.

We told our son this afternoon and his reaction was just lovely. He is super excited and randomly keeps saying i just cant believe i'm going to be a big brother. It all feels real now :)

Congrats Elly that's brilliant, delighted it all went well for you today!! And so lovely that your son is so excited, that's very cute :)

Awww elly your son’s reaction is just the sweetest. You must be so happy this evening.

I’m dying to tell my kids but they are a bit younger so will hold off for another few weeks.

We must have the same due date! I’m 12+5 today too! Due the 7th.
    Got in the door after a stressful day today and made a beeline for my pj’s! Much better. Feel huge today.
    Hope everyone is doing good.

Thanks ladies, yes I’m on cloud 9 this evening. My little man is just being so cute. Literally hasn’t left my side and keeps hugging me and kissing my tummy and wants to discuss names ☺️

Yeah @cant my date from GP is 7th November and one from Coombe now is 9th. I’m going to stick with my own date.
    Some days I feel huge and other days I don’t feel too bad. I am only up 1.5kg but feel like I’m up a stone. My boobs are two sizes up and my tummy is fairly round now so I’m shocked I’m only up1.5kg.

I’m looking forward to having a proper bump.

I also told two of my friends on video call this evening. Well my son shared the news with their kids and the two of them were shocked. It was lovely to see their reaction. They thought we were messing 😂

Hi Ladies,

Hope you all had a lovely long weekend and are all keeping well. I really hope this nice weather keeps up. I got my date for my first consultant visit. I will be 18wks. Some days i feel the days are flying in and others feel like its dragging in.

I'm wishing the next couple of weeks away until we can slowly get back to some sort of normality. I'm not feeling very productive at all the last week or so. I actually feel quite good in myself but just not productive!

Anyway hope your all good and enjoying the nice weather :)

Hi Elly, the good weather has been fab hasn't it!! I've absolutely been soaking it up, love the sunshine! Glad to hear you're doing okay, it is hard with the way things are at the minute though. Is anybody else nervous about things opening back up more though? Not so much for myself but for my family, I'm worried about my parents and grandparents. I was so anxious at the start of all this but have felt a bit more chilled since the lockdown because I felt well at least everyone I'm worried about is somewhat safe at home. I can feel the anxiety starting to rise again now that there's talk of things loosening up. I know that sounds a bit mad and of course I want to get back to normality like everyone else, but I dunno while this virus is out there I'd rather if I could just make everyone I love stay at home - not feasible I know!!
    Other than that I'm just waiting it out for my booking appointment next week. I actually had a call this week to go through some of the questions for it, they said they're trying to minimise the time people spend at the appointment. So I think the appointment itself will be like 15 mins!! But they also confirmed they will check the heartbeat so I'm really glad about that as hoping that will provide some much needed reassurance given I won't have a scan.

Hey Dubgal,

I know what you mean in relation to being nervous about family and parents etc. While they are at home you know they are safe.

I actually cant wait to get back to some sort of normality. I'm by now means a social butterfly, i like my own house and my own space, we generally only go out if there is an occasion but I miss calling to family & friends, i cant wait to call to my sister and chill out her back garden especially in the nice weather and watch the kids play. I miss sitting in my mams on a Friday evening getting a takeaway with my sis & brother and all the grand-kids. Stuff i just took for granted really. The last 7 weeks was nice hiding away but now i'm ready to get back out there.

I got my appt for my first consultants visit i will be 18wks and for my anomaly scan i will be just short of 22 weeks. Nice to have the dates, gives me something to look forward to :)

Its nice to have your appt to look forward to, you will feel so much better after it. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask, even write them down so you don't forget. I wanted to ask the midwives a couple of questions at my booking appt and it totally went out of my head because i was just in for bloods and we were talking about the MMR and i totally forgot. I'm going to drop my GP an email, its more in relation to exercising and getting to go ahead to doing a bit more than i have been as i'm feeling a lot better.

Looking forward to finishing work for the day and chilling in the sunshine now :D

• Advertisement

Hope everyone is doing good. Elly is that your first hospital appointment that you are having at 18weeks? Exciting! You’ll get your green folder. Has the first trimester sickness started to lift for you?
    Unfortunately I’m still not great still randomly getting sick. Two morning this week and Wednesday night! But it does lift after a while and then I’m ok. Just so busy with work and the kids that I don’t know if I’ll ever get that nice second trimester feeling!!!!! In the evenings I have a proper hard little bump, it’s cool. By morning it’s gone though.
    What are ye doing about clothes? I’d say I have two weeks tops in my usual jeans! Have been looking at maternity clothes online and anything I like is sold out. I really miss the shops for things like this.
    Also can’t wait for some normality, for the same reasons you outlined elly.
    I know where you’re coming from though dubgal, if you’re not used to being out in it at the moment it’s pretty daunting. I didn’t leave the house for nearly four weeks and the few times I did I felt a bit vulnerable. I worry about my parents too. They don't need to cocoon but I’ve had to chat to my mum about how much she’s out and about because I worry about her! She’s doing shopping for some of her older friends and walking all the time but I suppose it keeps her sane and she’s very mindful of how to protect herself.

Have my anatomy scan on July second and next consultant app two weeks after. Need to make a gp appointment for two weeks time too. Just roll on November!!!

Best of luck with you app next week dubgal, great that you’ll hear the heartbeat. There’s nothing like it :)

cant26 wrote: »
    Hope everyone is doing good. Elly is that your first hospital appointment that you are having at 18weeks? Exciting! You’ll get your green folder. Has the first trimester sickness started to lift for you?
    Unfortunately I’m still not great still randomly getting sick. Two morning this week and Wednesday night! But it does lift after a while and then I’m ok. Just so busy with work and the kids that I don’t know if I’ll ever get that nice second trimester feeling!!!!! In the evenings I have a proper hard little bump, it’s cool. By morning it’s gone though.
    What are ye doing about clothes? I’d say I have two weeks tops in my usual jeans! Have been looking at maternity clothes online and anything I like is sold out. I really miss the shops for things like this.
    Also can’t wait for some normality, for the same reasons you outlined elly.
    I know where you’re coming from though dubgal, if you’re not used to being out in it at the moment it’s pretty daunting. I didn’t leave the house for nearly four weeks and the few times I did I felt a bit vulnerable. I worry about my parents too. They don't need to cocoon but I’ve had to chat to my mum about how much she’s out and about because I worry about her! She’s doing shopping for some of her older friends and walking all the time but I suppose it keeps her sane and she’s very mindful of how to protect herself.

Have my anatomy scan on July second and next consultant app two weeks after. Need to make a gp appointment for two weeks time too. Just roll on November!!!

Best of luck with you app next week dubgal, great that you’ll hear the heartbeat. There’s nothing like it :)

Hey cant, yes that will be my first hospital/consultant visit @ 18 wks and my anomaly is the day after yours the 3rd July. Should I have a GP visit before 18wks do you think? I was considering going for a private scan to find out gender but I think I’ll hold off until anomaly. I’m assuming our other halves still won’t be allowed come with us at that stage so hopefully sonographer can tell the gender and will write it down for me and we’ll open it as a family.

Sorry to hear your still feeling crap with the sickness. You’re probably right in that your so busy with the kids and work your prob not getting enough chill and down time. Hopefully it passes soon. Happy 2nd Trimester Day ☺️ I’ve actually been ok. The odd evening I’m napping. And I still can’t stomach certain foods but I’m making more of an effort to eat a proper dinner, before I was just having a sambo most evenings or picking at stuff. I find if I don't drink enough water throughout the day then I feel crap. I’m not a big water lover but I’m pushing to drink up to 2ltrs a day.

I still haven’t put a regular pair of jeans on in weeks. I got a pair of the poco maternity jeans on sale, I went up a size and they are too big on me. I did wear them to work Thursday but I’d say another 4 weeks before they’ll proper fit me. I’ve looked at a few sites but haven’t been tempted to buy anything yet. Want to wait a few more weeks until I have a proper pump. Will probably try pick up a few summer dresses especially if weather will be nice!

We’re very lucky my sister has offered us pretty much all he big stuff we’ll need for the baby. Pram, bottle maker, steriliser, car seat, isofix, co sleeper cot so I’m delighted with all of that. Will save us a fortune and it’s all in such good condition. It’s exciting talking about it openly now ☺️

yay for the second trimester!!
    I haven’t seen my gp at all yet so that’s why I’m going at 16 weeks. Had my consultant app at 11+3 and he said gp between 16 and 18 but I’d say it’s different for everyone.

Yes I called the secretary the day I got my appointment for the scan to see if my husband could go and she said it’s highly unlikely. It’s a pity but I understand at the same time. That’s a lovely idea to write it down. When I got the call about the harmony test results I was asked if I wanted to know the gender or did I want it posted out...I got her to tell me straight away! Thinking about it now it would’ve been nice to do it together. Oops!

That’s so great that you are getting so much off your sister. We don’t need much. Kept the travel system I had on my last so that’s perfect. My friend has just offered me her cosleeper as I didn’t have one with the boys. I think i just need a new monitor and a decent breast pump and that’s about it.

Yeah I haven’t seen my GP either. I’ll drop them a mail next week to see what plan is.

We had got rid of everything about 2/3 yrs ago when we decided we wouldn’t go again 🙈
    Actually breast pump & monitors are both things we need. I’m going to try breast feed this time around. Last time baby wouldn’t latch. But this time I’m actually considering investing in a lactation consultant pre and post pregnancy. I was so clueless first time around and just assumed it would work, midwives tried everything but it just wasn’t happening lactation nurse in Hosp came around 3 days later but by that stage I had caved and gave formula. I felt like such a failure and lactation nurse made me feel even worse. Was like she totally dismissed me.

I tried to sell my travel system last year but ended up putting it in the actic and I’m so glad I did. It’s perfect as is the car seat and base. I bought new travel systems and car seat/bases on both boys and it’s such a chunk!

We still have an angel monitor on the go almost seven years later but it’s on it’s last legs and really want a video one and had a manual pump that still gives me nightmares so want a decent electric one but nothing to crazy because it prob won’t be used much!

That’s awful that you were made feel like that. Seriously so hit and miss with support on breastfeeding. I didn’t even try to feed my first but really wanted to feed my second. I loved it but had so many stumbles. I was in hospital for over a week with him so in one way it was great to find my feet with feeding but I also had to pump and dump for few days due to me needing CT scans so he got formula on and off in hospital. His weight was always an issue and I saw so many PHN’s to get him weighed! I ended up throwing in the towel when he was four months when he was about to referred for failing to thrive :( really want it to be a better experience this time. I loved feeding him but like you felt a bit of a failure when his weight kept dropping. Also probably didn’t help myself because I didn’t engage the help of a LC and will definitely be doing it this time. Hopefully COVID won’t impact the ability to do that!

Oh happy days that’s a god send that you didn’t sell it in the end. My sister was the same she was putting everything up for sale. She has a bugaboo and used it on both her boys. She was talking about selling it but just never got around to it. Lucky me ☺️

I had borrowed a breast pump from a friend first time around but never used it. BF is such a personal journey and what works for one doesn’t work for another. My nipples were raw and bleeding after 24hrs of trying to feed and midwives literally squeezing them to try get baby to latch. Baby was screaming, we tried every different position but nothing worked. He was a stubborn and lazy little git ☺️ He didn’t want to work for his grub! His weight to height was always off. He was always under weight. We ended up going to a private consultant with him at just over a yr because he ate nothing. But we were literally told he’ll grow out of the phase and put him on a tonic to try boost his immune because he was always catching colds and got bad ear infections. He’s still not a good eater he’s skin and bone but quite tall for his age. You could take him for a 9yr old.

I really hope your journey this time around is much smoother. Poor you it must have been frightening for you on your second having to have the ct scans and heart breaking pumping and dumping, I can imagine that’s really tough.

Can’t believe you also know what your having. That’s lovely. At least you can look at the right colours etc. I’m not in a rush to find out but I do want to know. Does it make it seem more real knowing? Everyone thinks it’s a girl for me but I’m not convinced. I think it could be another boy. I think family and friends are more hoping it’s a girl. We have 3 boys and one girl on my side so my mam would love another little girl. On my husbands side it’s 4 girls and one boy so I’m sure my FIL would love another boy 😄 I honestly don’t mind as long as baby is healthy.

Hi ladies, thanks for your good wishes for the first appointment. Had it yesterday and all went well, heard that lovely heartbeat! We've started telling more family and friends now which is great and makes it all feel more real, starting to get excited about the next stages now. Got an anomaly scan appointment for July too so great to have the next milestone date in.
    Hope everyone's doing well this week!

Awh Dubgal absolutely delighted to hear all went well and that you got to hear babys heart beat that's so lovely. I'd say you were on cloud 9 after the appointment. I think having appointment dates is great, it definitely gives us something to look forward to.

I ordered a couple of bits this week to cater for my body expanding :) I just went up a size in most bits and got maternity leggings and a dress hopefully they are nice & fit and i won't have to send them back :)

Hope everyone else is feeling good :)

Thanks Elly, it's a brilliant feeling alright!!
    That's exciting to have a few maternity bits. I was thinking of starting to get a few things this weekend myself. I'm just really at the bloated stage myself at the moment so doing grand in my clothes but would like to be prepared when the bump does make an appearance!! Where did you order the maternity bits from do you mind me asking? Thinking I will def order a few flowy summer dresses for the next few months anyway, should serve me well and will do after pregnancy too - hopefully the summer isn't a washout!!

• Advertisement

I am a bit like that myself with the bloating. Yesterday i was in my normal jeans and jumper and didn't look pregnant, today i feel huge. I seemed to have a lot stretching going on over night and woke up this morning with stretching achy pain and looking a lot more round.

I just got my bits from boohoo, they don't have a massive selection, i literally just got leggings and a summer dress in maternity. The other bits are just basics in a size up.
    I will prob try hold off for another couple of weeks and just try add one or two bits as needed every few weeks. My style is very very basic :)

On my first i picked up jeans from Topshop, a few bits from new look, littlewoods and mothercare. I checked littlewoods today and didn't see much on that. I much prefer over the bump jeans as the belly expands. I found under the bump fine until about 22/23 weeks and then they started to roll as i got bigger. Serephine seems to have some lovely bits, i have never ordered from them but I have read on another thread on boards that they have some good quality stuff i might treat myself in a couple of weeks to something from there :)

Advertisement