Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due November 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DubGal123

Best of luck with the lactation consultant Elly! I've actually reached out to one too, I think you're right it's probably worth the investment to be prepared and also to have someone you've already met / are comfortable with to call on if you have any feeding issues.
    Sorry to hear you've had a tough pregnancy Cokezero, we're on the home stretch now! :) I'm loving doing all the last minute prep too, feel like I'm getting there in the last week but still a few bits to get. There's so much to get when it's your first - I've no friends or sisters with babies so no hand me downs to avail of either!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Cokezero

Ya I have had many hand me downs either but hopefully the baby will have siblings!

The things I've got so far
    Travel system and next to me cot. Car seat and isofix. Bouncer. Portable spongy changing mat for downstairs.

Waiting on an ikea delivery that will hopefully come soon so we can decorate the baby's room and put in furniture. I feel like I want everything to be just right when the baby comes home.

Did anyone get a professional cleaner in before baby's arrival? I'm very tempted!

You've a similar list to me Cokezero! Have gotten all those bits sorted in the last few weeks and it's such a nice feeling. Have also panic ordered a pile of baby clothes as I thought we didn't enough so feel we have loads now - I love looking at them, they're just so small!
    We also got some bits from Ikea but I've just realised I need more so contemplating another trip - not overly enthusiastic about it but should be sorted for the baby's room once I do it so must get myself moving!
    That's interesting about the cleaner, would be lovely to have a good deep clean done before they arrive. I know some of the health insurance companies offer cleaning hours - but I think it's post birth? I never really thought about it as my cleaning game is not so strong that you'd probably even notice me being out of action for a few weeks / months haha Must have a look into it again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Would love to get a cleaner in cokezero but not going to bother. Would usually have someone in every couple of weeks but she hasn’t been since covid hit. Just don’t feel comfortable having an additional person in the house and not knowing where they’ve been if you know what I mean! Ya dubGal my insurance offers two three hour cleaning sessions post birth and I think you can use them up to six months after the birth so really hoping to use them down the line!!!

Elly my section is at 38+5. Cant believe it’s less than three weeks away! Still haven’t my bags fully sorted but getting there.

Held00 that’s a pity that your date is so late. Did you get it changed?

Getting a lot of pressure now too, that baby’s head is down and I’m feeling it! My bump is huge and everything else is the same, I look ridiculous!!!

As its my first baby I don't want to be stressing about a clean house so I'm trying to declutter at the moment and it's a nice feeling to get my head around the big changes ahead.
    We have to readjust our bedroom a bit for the cot so might try that this weekend and the isofix. I know I'll be quite sore after hospital whatever type of birth I have so I want to have the place fairly organised. I have VHI but it doesn't cover cleaning unfortunately but I'd love if it did. We also plan on getting some nice meals using the spend and save app from a local restaurant and hopefully they allow it for collection too. I haven't enjoyed a nice meal in months due to nausea!
    Is anyone else feeling sore around the bellybutton area in the evening time?

• Advertisement

Cokezero wrote: »
    As its my first baby I don't want to be stressing about a clean house so I'm trying to declutter at the moment and it's a nice feeling to get my head around the big changes ahead.
    We have to readjust our bedroom a bit for the cot so might try that this weekend and the isofix. I know I'll be quite sore after hospital whatever type of birth I have so I want to have the place fairly organised. I have VHI but it doesn't cover cleaning unfortunately but I'd love if it did. We also plan on getting some nice meals using the spend and save app from a local restaurant and hopefully they allow it for collection too. I haven't enjoyed a nice meal in months due to nausea!

Do whatever works for destressing!! Lovely idea regarding the meals.

Cokezero wrote: »

I get that too sometimes! Think it's a combination of bloatedness from food / baby's position but some days it's definitely a lot worse than others, just feels really tight and sensitive around the belly button. Has your belly button popped yet? Mine is still an innie but I can poke it out with my breathing / sitting position - very entertaining :P

How is everyone feeling? November is almost here, can’t believe it! Hope everyone had a nice bank holiday weekend..even with level 5 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Feeling like I'm ready for the eviction notice to be enforced at this stage! Section in 2 weeks so not long to go thank god.
    I have a very busy 2 and 5 (since last Thurs) year old so I'm actually dreading this week of midterm. I'll get nothing done!

What is the story with Dunnes and Penneys? I really need to get a few new born bits as this little baba will be third to wear some of the stuff we have and they are a bit washed out looking?
    And i need pyjamas for me. I'd be arrested if i wore what I'm wearing to bed in public!

Also, never in a million years did i still think we'd be dealing with this Covid shíte when i found out i was pregnant in March!

Oh I hear you Heldel00! Definitely ready for eviction here too. Section is at the end of the week end it can’t come soon enough.
    Also have two busy boys at home this week on midterm. They are older then yours at 4 and 7 and while they are very good I am already wrecked from them since Friday!!
    We moved house last week so want to try and get a little bit more order on the place before I go in.

Penny’s isn’t open in my area but the drapery sections in my local dunnes still are. They seem to have taken away the Savida clothes and any other brands and just have ‘essential’ bits on display. Think the kids section was ok so hopefully you will manage to get your bits before you go in.

I was thinking the exact same about Covid. When I found out I was pregnant in March I naively thought phew, it will all be over come November. Little did I know we would be even worse. Can’t believe it really.

• Advertisement

Hi, all good here too! So exciting that it's almost our month just a few more days, and both of you will have your babies so soon with the section dates confirmed! I'm due right in the middle of November and have convinced myself I will be the two weeks over, so fully expecting an end of November baby! Will be a shock to the system if it actually comes earlier!! That sounds hectic with the move Cant but I'm sure you're glad to be somewhat settled before baby arrives. Hopefully you can get some bits done before the arrival!
    I'm feeling fine thankfully, a first timer so not feeling desperate for pregnancy to be over at this stage or anything - it's easier with no-one else to look after I'm sure. I'm looking forward to having some time to relax when I finish up work, going to be a busy few days but finishing up at the end of this week!
    Heldel I ordered some baby bits online from Dunnes recently and delivery was so fast, their online system seems really efficient so definitely recommend that if you can't get what you need in store.

I ordered a Halloween costume for my son from Dunnes online and they cancelled the order the day before (it had been ordered at least a week earlier) so I'm vexed with them!
    Ah no that's what I'll do but when i had proper look yesterday i have almost everything. A few muslin cloths and bibs with poppers (not velcro) and I'm more or less good to go.

DubGal123 wrote: »
    Hi, all good here too! So exciting that it's almost our month just a few more days, and both of you will have your babies so soon with the section dates confirmed! I'm due right in the middle of November and have convinced myself I will be the two weeks over, so fully expecting an end of November baby! Will be a shock to the system if it actually comes earlier!! That sounds hectic with the move Cant but I'm sure you're glad to be somewhat settled before baby arrives. Hopefully you can get some bits done before the arrival!
    I'm feeling fine thankfully, a first timer so not feeling desperate for pregnancy to be over at this stage or anything - it's easier with no-one else to look after I'm sure. I'm looking forward to having some time to relax when I finish up work, going to be a busy few days but finishing up at the end of this week!
    Heldel I ordered some baby bits online from Dunnes recently and delivery was so fast, their online system seems really efficient so definitely recommend that if you can't get what you need in store.

Great that you nearly on maternity leave. Another massive milestone! Enjoy the time to yourself before baba arrives.
    Hopefully you won't go over too much. I was overdue and induced on both of mine so having this one nearly two weeks early is such an alien concept! We have only told a few people about the section so there will be big surprises. Haven't even started getting the annoying "any movement" messages!!!!

Haha oh no that's a very different experience Heldel, shocking customer service to leave you waiting that long and then cancel! Sounds like you don't need too much anyway you're just about sorted. I have loved getting all the little baby bits washed and put away, the tiny sizes are such a novelty to me - I can't believe there will be a baby in them soon!
    That sounds like such a different experience this time round Can't, I can imagine it will be nice to avoid all the questioning and waiting around this time, although I'm sure you must be nervous too. The uncertainty about the end date is a killer, especially the longer you go on I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Hi Ladies, glad your all doing well.

Cant best of luck with the section will be thinking of you over the next few days and glad to hear you are all moved into your new house just in time :)

Heldel, I can only imagine how hectic mid term is for you with two smallies, hope you're getting some rest. I have been enjoying this week with my 7yr old but my god by 6 in the evening I need ear plugs. He is non stop talking.

I started ante natal expressing last week, well I tried, didn't get a drop then I got a cold and ended up having to be tested, had results within 23 hrs and was negative but I was floored for 5-6 days. So thinking I might give the expressing ago again this evening. Counting the sleeps now until baby is here! I'm so ready to have this baby out but at the same time i don't think reality has set in yet that we will have another little person in the house!

Dubgal enjoy your mat leave and free time while you can :)

Back in march it felt like this time would never come around and here we all are awaiting our little arrivals.

Baby girl arrived this morning. She is amazing. Best of luck ladies xxx

cant26 wrote: »

Congratulations Cant, fantastic news hope you and baby are well xx

cant26 wrote: »

Oh wow congratulations Cant!! Enjoy every minute with her. Hope you're both doing well!

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather Elly, sounds miserable:( Hopefully the second attempt at expressing goes well for you! I'm going to try next week hopefully!

Congrats cant 26. I've one week to go according to the due date but who knows. The nightmares about being unprepared are starting now!!
    Are people doing much exercise currently. I'm so slow at walking now!!

I went for a walk but thought I'd never get home and had forgotten me phone so lesson learned. Enough time for that after baby is here.
    (Is def of benefit to those of you who are trying to kickstart labour though. Happy waddling!)

• Advertisement

Very close now for you Cokezero! The uncertainty though is just the worst isn't it!? I'm due bang in the middle of November so feel any time this month is a possibility but I have my head geared for the end!
    I've not been walking as much as I'd like, just on weekends really - but have just finished up work and hoping to do lots of walking now! Of all the theories about getting labour started etc walking is one I can actually imagine working. I'm still fairly comfortable walking at the moment thankfully, but I guess that could change as baby moves into position!

Baby girl born this afternoon with head of hair, chubby cheeks and a fine set of lungs ☺️ mammy and baby great.

Aw congrats Ely, lovely news. Hope you are recovering well and enjoying the amazing newborn cuddles.x

Awh Congratulations Elly, delighted to hear she's arrived and both of you are doing well! Enjoy every minute :)

Congrats Elly. Great news.
    We're up and running now ladies!

Can't believe we've two babies here already! Things are definitely getting underway. How is everyone else doing?
    I have been loving mat leave so far, great to have some time to myself and to be getting some things done around the house! Also been doing lots of walking so hopefully that is helping get the message to baby that they need to think about making an exit soon! :) I'm not too stressed yet but once I hit the due date next week I think I will be eager to get going! Anyone else feel any signs they're getting close?!

My due date is tomorrow but nothing stirring yet. I will be getting a sweep on Wednesday if there is no appearance before then. This weekend is going to be a weekend of cleaning and clearing.
    I actually got my car valeted during the week as it had grass and sand etc from the summer. It was such a nice treat and the car feels nice and new now for the baby!
    I did a BF course recently with my hospital. Is there anything you guys are packing to help with BF apart from nipple cream etc? I'm thinking of bringing soothers too but some people think it's not a good idea!
    Hope you are all keeping well so excited to hear everyone's news!

Awh exciting you're almost at your due date Coke Zero! Hopefully you have some movement soon!
    We're the exact same this weekend, doing lots as round the house trying to get it clean and tidy! We're doing a diy job on the car too unfortunately, a valet sounds lovely! We haven't fitted our car seat / base at all yet so want to get the car cleaned and sorted this weekend.
    The only other thing I have to help with breastfeeding are the silver cups - I've heard good things about them helping with tenderness and healing. They are pricey but hoping I'll save on compresses etc and they will be worth it in the long run! I'd say they have them in most hospital shops if you needed anyway, I think Holles St mentioned they stock them. Other than that will just hope for the best! I do have a few soothers but not going to bring them to hospital with me. I'm sure we'll prob end up using but have heard people say it's not a good idea when trying to get breastfeeding going alright!
    Best of luck over the next few days, looking forward to hearing all the news too!

I'm still hanging in there. 40+4 now and I was Convinced baby would come early! I went for a sweep yesterday and had a really bad back ache yesterday after it. I am 1-2cm dilated but you could be thst way for weeks so I don't know what to think! I got a date for induction too just in case. Has anyone been induced before?

• Advertisement

Baby boy born Wednesday 11/11. He is just fabulous. We are head over heels in love.
    Hospitals are operating very smoothly despite covid and being understaffed as a result, so don't be worried about that end of things.
    Good luck with all your babbas x

Advertisement