Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what CoronaVirus precautions are your club taking?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

blue note wrote: »
    stuck in watching judge Judy.

thought she retired recently. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

Seve OB wrote: »
    thought she retired recently. :D

Well then they've even less to do inside!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Will be interested to see what happens Friday but not looking great for golf or any similar activities.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1255137341431152643?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

londonred wrote: »
    Course in north Dublin sent out a newsletter saying likely to open in May for thosse not cocooning ie under 70s , suppose it makes sense but a bit harsh on them.

What club? Absolutely idiotic if true. No one knows when government imposed restrictions will be lifted. (Wouldn't be surprised if it was Roganstown after their previous idiotic actions)

The Chief Medical Officer's comments yesterday wouldn't leave you with much hope of restrictions being lifted after the 5th.

All these rumours with dates and probable times for re-opening need to be ignored. We will be told in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

HighLine wrote: »
    What club? Absolutely idiotic if true. No one knows when government imposed restrictions will be lifted. (Wouldn't be surprised if it was Roganstown after their previous idiotic actions)

The Chief Medical Officer's comments yesterday wouldn't leave you with much hope of restrictions being lifted after the 5th.

All these rumours with dates and probable times for re-opening need to be ignored. We will be told in due course.

100% agree.

If I hear" Straight from the horses mouth" one more time.... I'm...gonna punch myself in the throat, cause there is no one else about.......

People continue to spread what they want in their hearts to happen, we gotta look at the bigger picture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

I was able to book a game on chronogolf from 5th may.

Wasnt the only one either so have booked for 6th and 7th in case restrictions are lifted

Its this crap that will make the current restriction regime more likely to get extended, wait for the announcement then put up your timesheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

What you're saying here is that the great lockdown 'man' will see those timesheets - since 'the man' sees everything - and 'he' will think 'those fvckers are going to go playing in droves the moment I lift the lockdown, no fkn way suckers!'

Maybe we're all getting carried away just a tad now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,013 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Germany may have to re-impose restrictions as the infections growth rate has rebounded back up to 1.0 since they eased them last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Its this crap that will make the current restriction regime more likely to get extended, wait for the announcement then put up your timesheets.

Id say it was blocked off until the 5th and hasnt been changed and wont be until we get some sort of formal announcement.

Booking a game is not going to make someone extend the restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

What you're saying here is that the great lockdown 'man' will see those timesheets - since 'the man' sees everything - and 'he' will think 'those fvckers are going to go playing in droves the moment I lift the lockdown, no fkn way suckers!'

Maybe we're all getting carried away just a tad now :)

Nope but it is nonsense opening up timesheets before any announcement is made. It also has people panic booking as seen with the poster above who booked on 3 consecutive days. Does everything not point to another 2 weeks with the current restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Nope but it is nonsense opening up timesheets before any announcement is made. It also has people panic booking as seen with the poster above who booked on 3 consecutive days. Does everything not point to another 2 weeks with the current restrictions.

I suspect that courses are maybe trying to get timesheets open in advance so people have time to book, should the restrictions be lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Germany may have to re-impose restrictions as the infections growth rate has rebounded back up to 1.0 since they eased them last week.

There is also mounting evidence that the second set of restriction had minimal extra effect and we were below 1.0 before they were lifted

Very good guy on Dunphy today analysing the numbers

I booked 2 days. Both of which i will play so hardly panic booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

I booked 2 days. Both of which i will play so hardly panic booking.

Sorry not having a pop at you and did misread what you iniatlly wrote. My point it that if you open teetimes from the 5th people multiple days in a row in case they miss out.

I wonder will any clubs limit the amount of booking a player can make,does BRS/chrono have this ability. You'll could have multiple people booking Fri,Sat & Sun when it reopens. An idea could be to only allow one weekend slot with any unused slots going up the days before. Would give everyone a chance. Great to be having any conversation about reopeing.

Sorry not having a pop at you and did misread what you iniatlly wrote. My point it that if you open teetimes from the 5th people multiple days in a row in case they miss out.

I wonder will any clubs limit the amount of booking a player can make,does BRS/chrono have this ability. You'll could have multiple people booking Fri,Sat & Sun when it reopens. An idea could be to only allow one weekend slot with any unused slots going up the days before. Would give everyone a chance. Great to be having any conversation about reopeing.

Id say the app is only blocked until the 4th and will be amended as soon as a decision is made either way

gypsy79 wrote: »
    There is also mounting evidence that the second set of restriction had minimal extra effect and we were below 1.0 before they were lifted

Very good guy on Dunphy today analysing the numbers
    We actually had four sets of restrictions. First being schools, universities etc. Second was pubs, hotels etc. just before Paddy's weekend. Third was the one that closed golf down and then the last was everything but essential services.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

I totally agree with clubs opening timesheets, if it doesn't open back up so be it but if you don't have timesheets up and it's announced that golf clubs will reopen on The 12th of Never or whatever date given,it will be a free for all and everyone will be in a rush for 1st Tee.With a timesheet you can control the amount of players and approx time of arrivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    I totally agree with clubs opening timesheets, if it doesn't open back up so be it but if you don't have timesheets up and it's announced that golf clubs will reopen on The 12th of Never or whatever date given,it will be a free for all and everyone will be in a rush for 1st Tee.With a timesheet you can control the amount of players and approx time of arrivals.

How do you know what to issue on timesheet? 1, 2, 3 or 4 balls? 8, 10 or 12 minutes apart.

It’s ridiculous to have timesheets up. We’ve removed them all and will notify members when going live with rules and everyone having a equal chance.

But I don’t think this will be a issue until June!

Restrictions will also be added to how many times you can book, ie only once at the weekend to give everybody at least one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I can't see much wrong with opening timesheets. The formal position is the GUI recommendation ran out on the 19th, government lockdown is termed on the 5th. So unless told otherwise we're back on Tuesday. You plan with what you know right now not making any assumptions.

Edit: I don't think Government will delve into details like how many people play golf together. I'd say thats largely up to the clubs maybe a GUI recommendation again. Me personally I'm thinking if you start crazy stuff like 2 balls only and 12 minutes apart then we're back ion the road to madness. What difference is it going to make whether we play in 2s or 3s or 4?. Its golf not squash.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

What difference is it going to make whether we play in 2s or 3s or 4?. Its golf not squash.

i agree. but a longer interval than normal between tee times probably makes a bit of sense as don't want congestion on the first tee with groups potentially backing up a bit and all clubs/courses are different so might not be as easy to filter from putting green/car park etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I can't see much wrong with opening timesheets. The formal position is the GUI recommendation ran out on the 19th, government lockdown is termed on the 5th. So unless told otherwise we're back on Tuesday. You plan with what you know right now not making any assumptions.

Edit: I don't think Government will delve into details like how many people play golf together. I'd say thats largely up to the clubs maybe a GUI recommendation again. Me personally I'm thinking if you start crazy stuff like 2 balls only and 12 minutes apart then we're back ion the road to madness. What difference is it going to make whether we play in 2s or 3s or 4?. Its golf not squash.

Massive difference, even before the gov shutdown everything I was at my local course and saw groups, all older gentlemen too who had no clue what social distancing looked like. At least telling people it's two balls limits the potential of spreading if one of the people has it and doesn't show any symptoms. 1 will only infect the other not the potential for 3 and so on...

People are looking at the open timesheets the wrong way. A lot of timesheets are open on or after 5th May because they were closed up to that date on GUI/government recommendations. They haven't just opened them up, they were always open (at least any of the ones I looked at after both lockdown dates). I would suspect that many golf club staff would have to travel to the clubhouse to update them when/if the lockdown is extended. Yes, this can generally be done online, but my experience is that people don't remember passwords that have been saved in their browsers and therefore would have no way of logging in from home. And even then, without knowing what (if any) new lockdown date to set, will have to wait until there's an announcement.

So people booking in for those dates my well find them closed for bookings again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I cant see the courses opening here until Northern Ireland open theirs too, for fear for hundreds of lads travelling over the border for a game. Unfortunately :-(

I cant see the courses opening here until Northern Ireland open theirs too, for fear for hundreds of lads travelling over the border for a game. Unfortunately :-(
    Yeah, that's a problem alright. Although it could be solved by opening initially for members only.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Golf, when it opens will only be for members, no green fees or societies.

I was hopeful we would be back playing socially on the 16 May but recent statements suggest it will be mid june at the earliest.

If building sites can open with their less than clinical sanitation then golf for members should also open.

Similarly, tennis and bowls could also open for members.

Naturally no locker rooms or changing rooms should be open.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Golfhead65 wrote: »

We will all have a few days notice of when restrictions are eased to allow golf that's when you put the timesheets up. Having them up now possibily makes it less likely that the restrictions will be eased as NPHET will see this as complacency.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

Would be nice if the GUI made a list of proposals for if/when we return

I read a Belfast Telegraph article the other week that said the GUI would propose opening all clubs on the island at the same time and that they would meet with govt officials.

Govt. doesn't seem to have a plan and this frustrates most peeps

I don't see opening time sheets as being complacent. I see it as getting prepared. Nobody will catch Covid by making a booking although the way people jump out of the way when they see me suggests they think otherwise

We will all have a few days notice of when restrictions are eased to allow golf that's when you put the timesheets up. Having them up now possibily makes it less likely that the restrictions will be eased as NPHET will see this as complacency.
    As I said above, they've always been open. Just closed for the duration of the lockdown according to the dates set by the government/GUI. They haven't been 'opened'.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

So the NPHET are logging in to every clubs timesheets, I know you work in the health sector but please give us a break..total nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brick tamland

RGS wrote: »
    Golf, when it opens will only be for members, no green fees or societies.

QUOTE]

Don't think this will be the case or if it is it wont be for long. Clubs (most of them anyway) will be more dependant than ever on green fees and society's after the loss of 2 months income and the on going loss of income from no restaurant and bars. If anything id expect clubs to open up more availability to green fees and society's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement