Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Super Weekend Savers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

does any know if the fitness stuff will be restocked ?? went there at 8:45 am and didn't even get one of 3 items i was hoping to get , kettlbell, dumbell and sandbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

bada_bing wrote: »
    does any know if the fitness stuff will be restocked ?? went there at 8:45 am and didn't even get one of 3 items i was hoping to get , kettlbell, dumbell and sandbag.

there was a huge que at my local lidl for these items too, i didnt receive them either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

jeffk wrote: »
    My Aldi, the other day a worker handed everyone a wipe and then security wont let you in till hes made you clean and wipe your hands

Went to Iceland yesterday and nothing, all but one trolley inside, no sanitizer wipes nothing as you walk in

same near me. Lidl have a hand gel point on the way along with spray and paper towel to wipe down the trolley.

Aldi ..nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

same near me. Lidl have a hand gel point on the way along with spray and paper towel to wipe down the trolley.

Aldi ..nothing

Aldi Kenmare have hand sanitiser, paper towels and bin stationed just after you enter the store on the left hand side.

Handy for anyone that isn't wearing disposable gloves.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Is this a lidl vs Aldi hygiene thread now ?

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭jeffk

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Is this a lidl vs Aldi hygiene thread now ?

You forgot I mentioned Iceland :P

Plus sure may as well lock all these threads as im assuming places dont want people coming en mass to get special deals

I know one weekend (ive given up on dates etc for now) Aldi had up the cycing gear was canceled (funny considering we are alllowed cycle within reason)

jeffk wrote: »
    You forgot I mentioned Iceland :P

Plus sure may as well lock all these threads as im assuming places dont want people coming en mass to get special deals

I know one weekend (ive given up on dates etc for now) Aldi had up the cycing gear was canceled (funny considering we are alllowed cycle within reason)

weekend deals are finished for now so the thread is dead for now;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

there was a huge que at my local lidl for these items too, i didnt receive them either

Lidl had to apologise to their customers, saying they had ordered the fitness stock well before Covid19 hit.
    In one Lidl, there were 30 people in the queue before it opened, 13 of them were looking for the rowing machines, 3 got them, staff had to come out and tell the rest of the queue to save them waiting.
    Pre Covid19 shop hours, the staff used to put out the next days specials that night so if you were there just before it closed, you might get lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Lockdown and people going to three shops to get their "bargain".

I'm usually not the type to go for an early morning bargain.
    And I was passing by on my way to work.

If you want I'll list them out for you and get the mapping or else you can call the guards and ill hand myself in.

For anyone who wanted the Samsung Efit.

The Xiaomi Mi Band 4 is better according to most people on YouTube because the battery lasts 20 days.

It’s also 40 euro next day delivery from the three website.
    Use promo code 3PLUS346LXK and you’ll get it for 35.
    Ordered mine yesterday and it arrived today.
    Hope this helps anyone looking for the efit.

Note: I’m using an iPhone and it works extremely well with the Mi Fit app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

The Xiaomi Mi Band 4 is better according to most people on YouTube because the battery lasts 20 days.

I've had the Mi Band 4 for a few months now. Delighted with it. The Mi Fit app is excellent too - use it for cycling, walking (and used to use it for swimming in the good old days!).
    I've had many generations of Mi Bands from the earliest models.
    All great devices for awesome prices. No idea why anyone who buy a Fitbit or any of those overpriced wearables.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭uli84

Read somewhere that grocery shops offers such as Super Saturday will be forbidden moving on :(

I noticed the U.K. are still going ahead with the weekend specials

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/c/super-weekend/c1325/w1

The pistachios yum yum

uli84 wrote: »
    Read somewhere that grocery shops offers such as Super Saturday will be forbidden moving on :(

I wonder will they continue anyway but just not advertise them as such.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Anyone know if the Monday power bank is any good? can it charge an ipad?

Steve wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Monday power bank is any good? can it charge an ipad?

It will charge an iPad, just google the power in the power bank and see how many times it will fully charge it
    I think the power is 10000mah off hand

https://www.easyacc.com/media-center/how-many-times-can-a-10000-mah-rated-power-bank-fully-charge-your-device/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Yes it’s a 10,000 one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

I have tried a lot of trackers/bands and the MiBand 4 is the best by far for me to date. And if you are prepared to wait a little while, some Chinese based sites are cheaper. But the "Three" deal mentioned sounds good.

Honor Band 5 is better again than the mi band - more detailed and more accurate sleep tracking and has blood oxygen measurement (which is very useful to keep an eye on in the CV19 times....)

Honor is a sub-brand of Huawei.

you can get it for £28 on amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fitness-Tracker-Sleeping-Waterproof-Official/dp/B07S1CHZT3/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3VV2GM0LV7CHB&dchild=1&keywords=honor+band+5&qid=1587907159&sprefix=honor+band%2Caps%2C174&sr=8-3

comparison vs the mi band

https://www.xiaomitoday.com/honor-band-5-vs-mi-band-4-who-wins/

This is not the place to compare fitness trackers

• Advertisement

Considering several people were bemoaning the sparsity of an inferior Samsung one in Lidl, it is relevant as a better option for those people who didn't get to buy that worse product.

A lot more relevant than travellers on the Curragh, Aldi's lack of sanitiser, migrant workers etc to name but a few posts that appear on the previous page and which seemed to strangely go un-noticed by your oversight.

glasso wrote: »
    Considering several people were bemoaning the sparsity of an inferior Samsung one in Lidl, it is relevant as a better option for those people who didn't get to buy that worse product.

A lot more relevant than travellers on the Curragh, Aldi's lack of sanitiser, migrant workers etc to name but a few posts that appear on the previous page and which seemed to strangely go un-noticed by your oversight.

They haven’t gone unnoticed at all if you read the thread properly lol
    This thread is for lidl as per title

see bold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I noticed the U.K. are still going ahead with the weekend specials

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/c/super-weekend/c1325/w1

The pistachios yum yum

The pistachios are only €1.29 over here normally

see bold

I commented at the time about it being a lidl vs Aldi hygiene thread so it didn’t go unnoticed by my oversight wether it be bold or not

The pistachios are only €1.29 over here normally

I paid €1.99 the other day, feckers must have priced the wrong in my lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Seeing as the thread has turned into a general Lidl thread as opposed to a weekend savers one, has anybody else's Lidl started playing piped music over the speakers?
    My local was doing it at the weekend. No problem with it but it just seemed unusual for Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

Honor Band 5 is better again than the mi band - more detailed and more accurate sleep tracking and has blood oxygen measurement (which is very useful to keep an eye on in the CV19 times....)

Honor is a sub-brand of Huawei.

you can get it for £28 on amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fitness-Tracker-Sleeping-Waterproof-Official/dp/B07S1CHZT3/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3VV2GM0LV7CHB&dchild=1&keywords=honor+band+5&qid=1587907159&sprefix=honor+band%2Caps%2C174&sr=8-3

comparison vs the mi band

https://www.xiaomitoday.com/honor-band-5-vs-mi-band-4-who-wins/

Can you use it with Endomondo android app?

voluntary wrote: »
    Can you use it with Endomondo android app?

If you ask in the tech forums you might get the best advice, sound folks over there only happy to help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Seeing as the thread has turned into a general Lidl thread as opposed to a weekend savers one, has anybody else's Lidl started playing piped music over the speakers? My local was doing it at the weekend. No problem with it but it just seemed unusual for Lidl.

Maybe it's to cover the screams of the staff??

Advertisement