Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Super Weekend Savers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,924 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The only reason those people are talking about it is because busy bodies with nothing better to do are making a drama out of it on social media and calling joe Duffy and the like being outraged
    Fruit farms all over the country use migrant workers and if that’s a problem then don’t buy it or start a thread in after hours lol

I'm not going to drag this thread off topic but I don't want you to think what you just posted is correct.

Let's agree to disagree and get back on topic.

If you want to take your opinion over to after hours you'll find plenty posters there willing to prove you wrong. lol.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,115 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lidl have their fruit&veg and meat super 6 offers, just not advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

zell12 wrote: »
    Lidl have their fruit&veg and meat super 6 offers, just not advertised.

Bulgarian strawberries?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Bulgarian strawberries?

Is there really a need for a comment like this?

As is said above, if you don't like the scenario here, DON'T buy them. How hard is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Is there really a need for a comment like this?

As is said above, if you don't like the scenario here, DON'T buy them. How hard is that?

it was a joke, relax the kacks, get out for some fresh air..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭addaword

Bulgarian strawberries?

I'd say even migrant workers in Ireland are paid more for picking strawberries than the poor unfortunate asians who make most of the center aisle bargain stuff in Lidl. We all want cheap bargains and low prices.

it was a joke, relax the kacks, get out for some fresh air..

I'm no mind reader, but ok 'joke' accepted.

As for fresh air? FFS, I am from Newbridge, and cannot even get to The Curragh ( 4kms. away ) with the lockdown. But hey, that's for another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,434 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm no mind reader, but ok 'joke' accepted.

As for fresh air? FFS, I am from Newbridge, and cannot even get to The Curragh ( 4kms. away ) with the lockdown. But hey, that's for another thread.

I’d be staying away from the Curragh for a while anyway.

colm_mcm wrote: »

Without wanting to derail the thread Colm, can You PM me why we can't get to The Curragh? Besides the distance of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,434 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just google “curragh”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Wouldn't blame you buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭djdunny

Just google “curragh”

That reminds me, I must watch Snatch this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Space Dog

I'd say those strawberries will sell well seeing as they come from a family farm in Kildare.

The strawberries in my local LIDL are actually from the Netherlands, which I annoyingly only discovered when I unpacked them at home. Didn't read the label carefully in the store as the website says "Origin Ireland"/"Honest Irish Produce" and I wanted to do my shop as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Space Dog wrote: »
    The strawberries in my local LIDL are actually from the Netherlands, which I annoyingly only discovered when I unpacked them at home. Didn't read the label carefully in the store as the website says "Origin Ireland"/"Honest Irish Produce" and I wanted to do my shop as quickly as possible.

I’m sure they taste the same

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Space Dog wrote: »

I doubt you missed out unlikely there would have been Irish ones on the shelf beside it.
    The varieties (e.g. Elsanta) from the Netherlands are same as ones grown in Ireland (just they hit the shelves a little earlier as greenhouse grown) - unlike the varieties you seen through the winter and early spring from the Mediterranean.

In a couple of weeks Irish ones will displace the Netherlands until late Autumn, when it'll swing back to Netherlands, then Egypt then Spain and the circle is complete :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

odyssey06 wrote: »
    in a couple of weeks Irish ones will displace the Netherlands until late Autumn, when it'll swing back to Netherlands, then Egypt then Spain and the circle is complete :)

If we cant bring the migrants to the strawberry fields, let's being the strawberry fields to the migrants

Just google “curragh”

Thanks Colm, I did google, and what I wonder is how the hell did they get there? During the lockdown?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Folks stick to the bargains only here please!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭bewhiched

So does anyone know what the S.Saturday is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭uli84

Well looks like they stopped it :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Did anyone get the Samsung Galaxy Efit this morning?
    Sold out in the 3 I went to by 9.30am.
    I'm almost convinced they didn't get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Power washers didnt arrive according to a staff member in Cabra & Smithfield branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Lockdown and people going to three shops to get their "bargain".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Most of the fitness products didn’t arrive in shops

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Go at 8am if you really want one of the high demand items

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭georgem25

My local store got 6. They were gone in a few minutes. They wouldn't scan so they set them aside for customers for collection later

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

went down this morning at 09-00 for my shopping bit dissapointed had to q and yes i am an OP did not see much essential being bough so what happened to the 9-11 for op

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭GBX

spatchco wrote: »
    went down this morning at 09-00 for my shopping bit dissapointed had to q and yes i am an OP did not see much essential being bough so what happened to the 9-11 for op

I was also at a Lidl early this morning. Fair play to the security actively going to older people and bringing them to the top of the queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

GBX wrote: »
    I was also at a Lidl early this morning. Fair play to the security actively going to older people and bringing them to the top of the queue.

In fairness Lidl have been a lot better with their measures than Aldi, at least that's been my experience, we have 2 of each relatively close, I don't think that an open packet of surface wipes inside the door is good enough Aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Seamai wrote: »
    In fairness Lidl have been a lot better with their measures than Aldi, at least that's been my experience, we have 2 of each relatively close, I don't think that an open packet of surface wipes inside the door is good enough Aldi.

My Aldi, the other day a worker handed everyone a wipe and then security wont let you in till hes made you clean and wipe your hands

Went to Iceland yesterday and nothing, all but one trolley inside, no sanitizer wipes nothing as you walk in

Advertisement