Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

£5k back in 1980???

Are you sure?

Adjusted for inflation 270.5% and euro exchange. 797864, £5 in 1980 is equivalent to €23,450 today.

Sure am, and when he traded it in 2 years later the price for a 5dr was £6600.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,433 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

2-D8-D3889-FF5-F-4-F1-D-93-AA-E0-AA437-F4-D4-E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

A selection of late 90's Toyotas spotted around Tuam. A load of them Corollas still around & a good few of them Starlets around too. Daily drivers

nD5nlxRl.jpg

jiPIKvkl.jpg

2w59Bzel.jpg

45tfpjUl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Galway
    q5IsQZj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

My god, that is some find. An SE limited Sprinter, what a dream machine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,433 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Drool. I’d love that.

Clarecastle
    iou29qe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Up for sale in Facebook up north. 1983 Triumph Acclaim with 50k miles. Looks well.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/401161393299352?view=permalink&id=2971622522919880

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

gammygils wrote: »

nD5nlxRl.jpg

m17 wrote: »
    Clarecastle
    iou29qe.jpg

It's like I'm being taunted here while my two are stranded in the pandemic!
    m17 wrote: »
    Galway
    q5IsQZj.jpg

That is unreal! Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Vittu

510539.jpg

• Advertisement

They really are aging well.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Vittu

They are, given some TLC it would look great. One of the nicest cars I owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Dublin 15

PULzV8B.jpg

b7qXcze.jpg

uQBennG.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

That Corsa is in remarkable condition. It may have had a lick of paint, but even so.

That Alto!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭selectamatic

That Alto!

Any backstory on it Irishplayer or Duke ?

I recognised the colour and thought it might be this one that appeared on Donedeal in January, but its not.

NWRiNWJkZmRiNDUxMjdmNzI3NzRhOTM2NDQ4ZjUyZGOVQWBfu12jskQbOYFf8yYwaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzk3NjAxODh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Seems to be out of NCT since 2016, so it must have been on the road fairly recently. I'd say its probably one of the last being a 92 reg, although it is a MY91.

I recognised the colour and thought it might be this one that appeared on Donedeal in January, but its not.

NWRiNWJkZmRiNDUxMjdmNzI3NzRhOTM2NDQ4ZjUyZGOVQWBfu12jskQbOYFf8yYwaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzk3NjAxODh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Seems to be out of NCT since 2016, so it must have been on the road fairly recently. I'd say its probably one of the last being a 92 reg, although it is a MY91.

I thought it might be that one too but I remembered it being a 90 reg.

92 is very late of the few I've seen all have been 90 or below.

Looks to be in very decent shape for one that has been laid up a while. Good panels and bumpers.

Although is the roof bet in on it? Kinda looks like someone has jumped on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Any backstory on it Irishplayer or Duke ?

Unfortunately not, spotted it while on a walk. It is right across from the Corsa.

If anyone is interested in the car,send me a PM and I'll be happy to provide the location, would really like to see it back on the road.

^^^Another project car for ya Duke...

One of them is enough for me :pac:

• Advertisement

Haha, I’m chasing after something else at the minute (update on that soon hopefully) so no room for it here either

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

49811265603_467115305b_c.jpg

Tidy Vento in Mullingar today. Well .. it wasn't clean .. but it was tidy.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Marlow wrote: »

Tidy Vento in Mullingar today. Well .. it wasn't clean .. but it was tidy.

Funnily enough, I only ever drove one of those once. It was battered, filthy and stunk to high heaven. But it drove as sweet as anything.

Nenagh
    QSrWOxl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

That the one for sale on DD?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Garzard

SuperValu Knocklyon this evening - 95 reg.

510807.jpg

Another from SuperValu Knocklyon today

510871.jpg

I love how you got the pic of the Civic and ignored the W124 Coupe [C124? I will gladly be corrected here, I'm no Merc expert] over the far side! :)

Yeah I had thought about it, but since the Civic was close to where my own car was parked, and the fact that the Mercs of that era are still a pretty common sight I decided not to. It doesn't help either when there's loads of people nearby the classic you want to photo e.g. the woman sitting to the left of the Merc - for fear of getting strange looks :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Garzard wrote: »
    Yeah I had thought about it, but since the Civic was close to where my own car was parked, and the fact that the Mercs of that era are still a pretty common sight I decided not to. It doesn't help either when there's loads of people nearby the classic you want to photo e.g. the woman sitting to the left of the Merc - for fear of getting strange looks :pac:

And there's a couple above the bushes spying on her I notice :P

Advertisement