Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I’d be very careful taking photos of someone’s driveway or garden, I tend to avoid doing that altogether. If I’m taking a photo of something in a car park I tend to stand well back and zoom in, that was it doesn’t look like I’m concentrating on one particular car.

Most people do be only delighted when you ask and say nice things about their car, but it’s a bit hard to explain why you’re interested in a 98 Civic or the likes, so I tend to do that with much older stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Galway
    9D6p24R.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Long time since I saw a red rear number plate. ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The Calibra was such a cool machine in 1991.

When I was in Africa in the mid 90's a guy I was doing work for had a spotless red 4x4 turbo Calibra in the garage, I asked did he ever drive it, it was so spotless, No, he said, its a graduation present for my daughter when she passes her LEAVING CERT... It was brand spanking new, her first car will be 2.0 4x4 turbo.....Nice, (don't know if she passed)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

If ever there was an incentive to do well in your leaving cert! Still, didn't know they had the leaving cert in Africa.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

selous wrote: »
    When I was in Africa in the mid 90's a guy I was doing work for had a spotless red 4x4 turbo Calibra in the garage, I asked did he ever drive it, it was so spotless, No, he said, its a graduation present for my daughter when she passes her LEAVING CERT... It was brand spanking new, her first car will be 2.0 4x4 turbo.....Nice, (don't know if she passed)

Funny one like that. A couple of years ago 2 (not 1 ... 2!!) E30 BMW M3 Evo's appeared with sub 100 km milage.

They had been bought from new, stored away, and were awaiting for the owners 2 sons to reach the age, where they'd be able to drive and appreciate them.

The issue: none of the 2 sons had any even remote interest in them. They got auctioned off in the end. Made a killing though.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

If ever there was an incentive to do well in your leaving cert! Still, didn't know they had the leaving cert in Africa.:)

An international school in Libya adopted the Leaving Cert rather than the Intl Baccalaureate because it was cheaper. So I'm guessing this was what he meant?

Or was just referring to the end of secondary exams in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MrCostington

St Annes Park yesterday (Lotus Esprit)

lotus1.jpg

lotus2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭horseofstone

St Annes Park yesterday

lotus1.jpg

lotus2.jpg

What car is that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

What car is that ?

Lots Of Trouble, Usually Expensive!

• Advertisement

What car is that ?

Lotus Esprit - I added that to the post

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Lots Of Trouble, Usually Expensive!
    It's actually Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Parkgate st;

IMG-20200508-183644.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,605 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Here is a picture of a vehicle I got before the lockdown happened

IMG_20200316_131631.jpg

Its not pretty but was in great condition.

I have nicer more rare car pics too. Only just getting used to posting pictures here as I did not have the means to post them up before.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

An old Mercedes C Class.

IMG_20200216_153058.jpg

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

How do I post a picture in the thread without the need for a link? I have a beauty I think some here will love. Also how do you post more than one picture from a computer? I know there is some way to pick more than just 1 picture at a time.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭BrianD3

AMKC wrote: »
    How do I post a picture in the thread without the need for a link? I have a beauty I think some here will love. Also how do you post more than one picture from a computer? I know there is some way to pick more than just 1 picture at a time.
    Attach an image file to your post, then right click on the attachment to find the URL. Then in the body of the post, type put the URL here and your attachment should display.

Ms

512456.jpg

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭BrianD3

512456.jpg

Have you any more of that one?

Irish car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That's weird!

There's a 94 beside me. But I was about to take a picture when I got the stares as my neighbour drove up behind it so I didn't want to be looking like I was monitoring the parking.

Will try get a pic tomorrow.

Speaking of sneaking pictures, this came up in my memories - 4 years ago!

49879350553_41fd2145eb_z.jpg

18k miles on it at the time. A total gem. Kicking myself that I never left my number. I see now it had a change of ownership in 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

What website tells you when the last change of owner occured??

• Registered Users Posts: 81,267 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Dermo123 wrote: »
    What website tells you when the last change of owner occured??

Motortax.ie will tell you in the last 3 months if it changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Garzard

Speaking of sneaking pictures, this came up in my memories - 4 years ago!

49879350553_41fd2145eb_z.jpg

18k miles on it at the time. A total gem. Kicking myself that I never left my number. I see now it had a change of ownership in 2018

Wow, chances are that was the same one I saw yesterday parked up in Dollymount just off the cycle track. I didn't get a pic but do recall it was a 97D reg.

Also that Lotus Esprit was an elusive fecker yesterday! First saw it parked in that little seaside carpark along the Clontarf Rd so got off the bike and walked in to get a photo a few moments later and it vanished - looked around again and it had driven out. Saw it again a few minutes later turning left into Mt Prospect Avenue. Then an hour later when I was coming back from Howth I saw it drive out of there while I was stopped at the traffic lights, but long gone before I managed to get the phone out! :D

Ms

Have you any more of that one?

Irish car?

I don't think it was an Irish car. Here is another pic. I have some from the front too.

512505.jpg

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I don't think it was an Irish car. Here is another pic. I have some from the front too.

512505.jpg

Definitely not an Irish car.

Sent it to a mate of mine and he said he saw it on DD a while ago asking for eye-watering cash.

Anyone else spot it?

Ms

Definitely not an Irish car.

Sent it to a mate of mine and he said he saw it on DD a while ago asking for eye-watering cash.

Anyone else spot it?

[img][/img]https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=512509&stc=1&d=1589149157 [img][/img]

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Corofin co galway
    koUDNrv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭padyjoe

'83 KE reg Ferrari, there was simply too much to take in, was gone in few seconds, I was too slow on my pushbike, couldn't catch up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭tc20

local car to me, looks like one of the few good C class models that hasn't broken out in spasmodic rust patches

Advertisement