Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭MrCostington

tc20 wrote: »
    the Fiat is a regular driver.

Fantastic! Love the colour too and great to see it in such use!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

@cortinacrazy - we are all confused by the ? you placed at the end there.

Can you confirm that this is your Cortina?

And if so, it's lovely. Did you show it at Swords last year or the year before?

Yes it's his, one of the best known and most traveled Cortinas around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Isambard wrote: »
    Yes it's his, one of the best known and most traveled Cortinas around.
    That clears it up.
    cortinacrazy - it looks to be a beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mrmoonlight

I don't really know much about old cars but I saw this earlier.. thought it looked interesting the make on the back says "Hunter"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I don't really know much about old cars but I saw this earlier.. thought it looked interesting the make on the back says "Hunter"

Hillman Hunter

• Advertisement

Hillman Hunter

Interesting it's coming up on cartell as follows:

235 BHI
    Massey Ferguson

285 BHI
    Not Found

295 BHI
    Not Found

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Garzard

Clapped out old Punto in SuperValu Knocklyon this evening. :cool:

506363.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Not technically on the road ... but

49680821236_aa40bcdff3_c.jpg

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That Punto is class, one of the first I think being 95. Amazing that it is still on the road, you hardly even see Mk2 Puntos on the road today never mind Mk1.

Jetta is class too. That grille!

That grille used to be a Hella upgrade kit, if I remember right. They were very popular in Scandinavia. It has not aged well .. that's for sure.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Garzard

That Punto is class, one of the first I think being 95. Amazing that it is still on the road, you hardly even see Mk2 Puntos on the road today never mind Mk1.

That's by far the oldest I've seen lately. I just so happened to drive behind it on my way out, young enough guy at the wheel. Car definitely seemed to be struggling and was smoking a fair bit. An old workhorse which is hopefully given a bit of work to keep it on the road. Least it deserves after 25 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

1995 is early but the earliest would have been 1994. I remembering seeing my first. They looked amazing in a metallic yellow colour and came well specced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Garzard wrote: »
    Clapped out old Punto in SuperValu Knocklyon this evening. :cool:

506363.jpg

Always remember the vertical rear lights was a huge talking point on these and the 850 estate

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A friend of mine used to swear by the Punto. He had 5 of them over 7 years,

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

sligojoek wrote: »
    A friend of mine used to swear by the Punto. He had 5 of them over 7 years,

Sounds quare reliable so! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

we had one of those punto's for a while. Still dont get all the crap thrown at them. Compared to the contemporary Yaris or Micras they were a cracking little car to drive ( although still not a Peugeot 106 etc ) not a biscuit tin on wheels like the Jap stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

RobAMerc wrote: »
    we had one of those punto's for a while. Still dont get all the crap thrown at them. Compared to the contemporary Yaris or Micras they were a cracking little car to drive ( although still not a Peugeot 106 etc ) not a biscuit tin on wheels like the Jap stuff.

I had a 3 year old mk1 and my missus passed her test in a 10 yr old mk2. However I replaced head gaskets and clutches on puntos almost on a daily basis when I worked as a mechanic. The mk2 was a worse car in some ways as the electric steering was prone to failure and wasn't a diy job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Limerick
    lZiKO5A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Limerick
    ON10MXj.jpg

Thar 4 door E30 is at the Childers road retail park at least every Saturday. Presumably it belongs to someone who works in the grounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

Mullingar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

Sorry for 2 posts it wouldn't let me load it to 1..
    Car is spotless

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tom petty

Thar 4 door E30 is at the Childers road retail park at least every Saturday. Presumably it belongs to someone who works in the grounds.

Mmmm...... I have a classic and a 20 year old estate that I use for 6 months of the year but I' m not so sure if they ended up on here that I'd like the world to know where either were parked on a daily or regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Belongs to a girl, her boyfriend owns the black e30 estate on BBS rims, also has a 2door e30 coupe and at least 5 or 6 more e30's that are currently off the road.

tom petty wrote: »
    Mmmm...... I have a classic and a 20 year old estate that I use for 6 months of the year but I' m not so sure if they ended up on here that I'd like the world to know where either were parked on a daily or regular basis.

The only way to avoid that is to tuck them away somewhere, where nobody can see them. Or get the government to ban camera phones.

Somebody, somewhere, will post that on some forum or social media, if they like it. If you take them out in public, you risk of having photos taking of them. It's not illegal.

You'd be amazed how often I get tagged or pointed to posts with pictures of my classic/vintage vehicles.

/M

m17 wrote: »
    Limerick
    lZiKO5A.jpg

This is really highlights just how much bigger cars have gotten over the years eh...

m17 wrote: »
    Limerick
    ON10MXj.jpg

As does this.

This is really highlights just how much bigger cars have gotten over the years eh...

Yep ... and the size of the parking spots has not increased :)

/M

tom petty wrote: »
    Yeah. Chances are a lot of people living locally will be able to deduce the location from them photographs anyway. I'm sure that more than one not so savoury character has already walked past that car where it is parked...On a daily basis even.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭tc20

weekend spots around Greystones.
    The Volvo is a regular (if not daily) driver, and I'm sure I've seen the 924 plenty of times too..

Advertisement