Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January 2020 Recruitment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TDawg1990

Still no word...good/bad???

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HassAuto

First time passing after 4 attempts, thought I h failed from the moment I closed the IST. Well chuffed ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

TDawg1990 wrote: »

Hard to tell it usually takes a while for all emails to go out try checking your junk folder too

So far everyone has passed on here it seems

The pass mark was a bit lower this year then 2017

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

TDawg1990 wrote: »

They did say there were sending results out by end of day tomorrow so hopefully you get good news

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Eire_1600

Passed the IST! Good luck to everyone going forward, fingers crossed we won't be waiting too long🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

penutzimes wrote: »
    The pass mark was a bit lower this year then 2017

Bit of a kick in the swingers as I failed the last campaign by 1 mark. Would have passed if this campaign pass Mark was in 2017 campaign!

But hey ho I have finally passed this years after trying for so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 StrangerIn

No. But if you have long hair it would need to be tied up so it fits inside your hat

How about beard???

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

Passed also after failing by 1 mark in the last campaign. It seems the pass mark was a coupe of marks lower than last time around. Well done to those that have got their marks!

• Advertisement

StrangerIn wrote: »
    How about beard???

I believe it’s full beard or fully shaven. (Information on here)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

well done folks, i also passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lou187

Passed! Wonder what’s going to happen next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Treddy

I Passed! Came as a very nice surprise today. Well done to everyone else who got through, look forward to seeing you at the assessment center (whenever those go ahead).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FN2593

Well done to everyone, missed out last time by three marks, thankfully passed this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Well done to everyone that passed and to those that didn't don't give up, you're in a better position to pass next time. In 1710 I failed by 5 marks, I was devastated but I didn't give up and got the pass mark in 1810, for the IST this year I passed by 3 marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Second time not passing. Guess I’ll give PSNI a miss and stick to AGS , best of luck who progressed forward!

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Second time not passing. Guess I’ll give PSNI a miss and stick to AGS , best of luck who progressed forward!

Don’t give up pal!! I have sat their IST as far back as the time they were held in culloden hotel. The test was completely different back then to now. Even the tests held in stranmillis were different. (A lot harder)

Each time I have failed and it has taken 5/6 attempts to get a pass mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

Was really worried about the IST when I first did it, didnt feel very confident about it at all but got my results this morning and passed by a country mile. Thank goodness.

Onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

Was really worried about the IST when I first did it, didnt feel very confident about it at all but got my results this morning and passed by a country mile. Thank goodness.

Onwards and upwards!

I was the same! Last time I passed by 1 mark but for personal reasons couldnt progress it! This time around I found it much harder and passed with flying colours!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Libby 411

Passed also, found out yesterday! 35/44!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Hows everyone preparation for the AC looking like?
    Notes for absolute days for me

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HassAuto

KN1231999 wrote: »
    Hows everyone preparation for the AC looking like?
    Notes for absolute days for me

What kind of notes should one be taking? (First timer for the AC)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

HassAuto wrote: »
    What kind of notes should one be taking? (First timer for the AC)

Download the CVF for policing and also the competancies required and then be able to demonstrate them in different policing scearnios.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

New on here, been actively reading tho! Passed the IST for the second time in two years, again by one mark. Last time round I missed out on the AC by 1.5 marks, was gutted but looking forward to it this time round.

I only received my education certificates during the week as they were lost during a house move. Thankfully I think they will allow you to submit this due to the current circumstances. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

Congrats to everyone who passed their IST. First hurdle complete 💪🼠The process is very long but you’ll all get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stevob7

Does anybody know roughly how many candidates are expected to reach the Assessment Centre stage?

stevob7 wrote: »
    Does anybody know roughly how many candidates are expected to reach the Assessment Centre stage?

2433 were invited to the AC in the 1810 campaign but only 1550 attended. Of that 1053 passed and were placed on the merit list.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Random question but would the merit list have to be exhausted from the previous campaigns before any one for the 2020 campaign could start?

• Advertisement

Random question but would the merit list have to be exhausted from the previous campaigns before any one for the 2020 campaign could start?

Yes that is what happened between 1710 and 1810, people on the 1710 list were given calls before anyone on the 1810 list was.

Advertisement