Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Wailin

^^^ Class. Did you manage to sell the 330d vintage before everything went tits up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Hmm. Is there a video available with demonstration? Thank you
    A stabbing action with a soft toothbrush, perforated leather takes a lot of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Wailin wrote: »
    ^^^ Class. Did you manage to sell the 330d vintage before everything went tits up?

No, even pre C19 it was going to be a push to sell privately I think, and since then not a chance. Still very happy to keep enjoying it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Is that the E30 you had a few years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

vintagevrs wrote: »
    IMG-20170118-220523.jug

Had half hoped for some quieter times to do a bit on mine but it's as busy as ever. Jealous of your seats! Mine are the same fabric but need to get them redone. The bolsters are gone on the drivers side nearest the door. Nervous about how it will look after and good second hand ones are mad money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

A stabbing action with a soft toothbrush, perforated leather takes a lot of time.

Spoken like a true dentist!

Interslice wrote: »
    Had half hoped for some quieter times to do a bit on mine but it's as busy as ever. Jealous of your seats! Mine are the same fabric but need to get them redone. The bolsters are gone on the drivers side nearest the door. Nervous about how it will look after and good second hand ones are mad money.
    Yeah the seats on that car were in unusually good condition, as was the whole interior in fairness, great place to sit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭traco

Decided I'd start the elephant and pull it out into the sun for a proper walk around. This is actually the first time I've had it out in proper natural light to get a good look around and see what state its in given that it was bought at the end of Jan in crap dark wet weather.

The aftermarket vertical chrome on the door pillars is definitely the first thing for the bin along with the stuff around the fog lights. Bumpers definitely touch ups. Might try it myself or remove and give to a pro?

Hopefully a good paint correction will sort many of the scratches but there are a few deep ones. What can you expect on a 13 year old car. leather needs a major clean and treatment also.

Anyway - please say hello to the great unwashed elephant!

49750841701_18e70fba0f_c.jpg

49751167852_9bca018644_c.jpg

49750840021_f37ca30cf4_c.jpg

OH car getting a clean for a change from my own.

49753972142_595467932d_c.jpg
    49753972132_5c98a02e65_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

@ Wailin - great colour

9770487ecb8be4d7a1edcbf77fe95852.jpg

• Advertisement

Can't go wrong with the Limestone Grey Hooch. Understated but classy. I had to persuade her away from Tungsten Silver when she was ordering the car 5 years ago. The Limestone was easily the best option on the MK VII golf back then.

Wailin wrote: »
    Can't go wrong with the Limestone Grey Hooch. Understated but classy. I had to persuade her away from Tungsten Silver when she was ordering the car 5 years ago. The Limestone was easily the best option on the MK VII golf back then.

Agreed, looks like she's kept it well.

She loves the car, 5 years old now and only 36,000 km on the clock. Only 1.2 Tsi but perfect for the short trips it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

These pics are killing me. I want to get out in the sun and clean mine, but all the cleaning gear is in the folks place where I can do it. :facepalm: Will just have to wait. I do love the colour of that VW

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

LSG stands for Limestone grey??? I always thought it was Limerick skobie gold :P

tossy wrote: »
    LSG stands for Limestone grey??? I always thought it was Limerick skobie gold :P

No they prefer the Rathkeale white;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

hooch-85 wrote: »
    No they prefer the Rathkeale white.

Rathkeale gold :D

At least they have their own barber and a party bus when the rest of us are stuck at home looking like gorillas:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,416 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Froback Friday

My FTOs from back in the day, massively regret selling the silver one.

0-D17-BB1-B-C353-479-B-86-EB-1-F95-BFADAE74.jpg
    B31793-D4-0716-48-A6-B175-154-D30-CD3529.jpg

A mate of mine just secured a white manual Version R in Japan yesterday.

She had a black one which got written off when her landlord cut a tree down and it landed on the car. No joke.
    Delighted for her as she had a lot of legal wrangling to get compensated.

She's now in the enviable position of having two Version R's, the parts car is roof, pillar and boot damaged but the rest is fine.

• Advertisement

She had a black one which got written off when her landlord cut a tree down and it landed on the car. No joke.

She's now in the enviable position of having two Version R's, the parts car is roof, pillar and boot damaged but the rest is fine.

I know your mate! I helped her buy the black one back in the day. The white one looks great, kinda getting a longing for one again.

Small world! Always liked the FTO but if i was in the position to buy something jap from that era it would have to be a 98 Spec DC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,170 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Haven't seen one of those on the road in a long time. Are they just gone or are they barn queens now?

bazz26 wrote: »
    Haven't seen one of those on the road in a long time. Are they just gone or are they barn queens now?

A lot are gone, insurance was always a problem on them, so once they got that bit older a lot of them got scrapped. There were a few weak points for rust on them too which probably killed a few. A surprising amount ended up in a Eastern Europe.

There weren’t that many of them here in the first place, but like all cars like this, they become stupid cheap, (they were particularly cheap 6/7 years ago) then nobody wants them so they get scrapped, then they become rare and more expensive, then they get classic tax and go up in value more.

They’re such an underrated car, people just assume because they’re FWD that they’re all looks, but they’re a genuinely good drive. The 2.0 V6 is pretty much at its limit in stock form, so there isn’t the tuning potential you’d have with the likes of a DC2. I think a V6 screaming at 8500 rpm is joyous.

Don’t know if you know but her black car was used in the X-Box game Forza 3, they used it for the engine sounds and photos that went into the 3D modeling and rendering, it was on the 6 o clock news even!

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/from-irish-streets-to-on-screen-action-1.757101
    I think they used hers because it was pretty much stock, most would have been lowered or otherwise modified.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Don’t know if you know but her black car was used in the X-Box game Forza 3, they used it for the engine sounds and photos that went into the 3D modeling and rendering, it was on the 6 o clock news even!

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/from-irish-streets-to-on-screen-action-1.757101

Yeah I've seen the videos! I'm from the same neck of the woods as her husband. Know them years.

The FTO LM in gran turismo was by far the best car in the game, esp on the 60 lap endurance races.

Mitsubishi_FTO_LM_Edition_%28Black%29.JPG

I’d love to play the old Gran Turismo again, very disappointed it wasn’t on the mini PlayStation yoke. I’m sure I have the discs somewhere, found Colin McRae Rally for PS1 last week, and have a PS2 knocking around somewhere.

For a car nerd, GT was unreal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

colm_mcm wrote: »
    For a car nerd, GT was unreal.

I used to love the intro, Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go (The Chemical Brothers Remix).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

The lighting makes the car look cooler than what it actually is :pac:

Was well overdue a clean, cheers Coronavirus!

yzVkd2v.jpg

Advertisement