Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detailing chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I found a place up in Banbridge that stocks a lot of Auto Brite products, I plan on heading up there after this crisis is over and pick up a few of their products. Definitely going to pick up their Snow Foam Lance and maybe a few other things as well.

MMC Autoparts there called. Was actually Auto Brite NI themselves that told me about them. Only an hour up the M1 for me so I might spin up when they open back up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Speaking of Reflect has anyone used there fallout remover ? Seems bit better value for money than Bilt Hamber stuff but will pay more if I know I'm getting a superior product.

From my use of it, it doesn't exactly what it's supposed to do

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I found a place up in Banbridge that stocks a lot of Auto Brite products, I plan on heading up there after this crisis is over and pick up a few of their products. Definitely going to pick up their Snow Foam Lance and maybe a few other things as well.

MMC Autoparts there called. Was actually Auto Brite NI themselves that told me about them. Only an hour up the M1 for me so I might spin up when they open back up :)

The Car Salon
    Do a good range of products,
    Stephen is dead sound to deal with, I have purchased from him many times.

vectra wrote: »
    The Car Salon
    Do a good range of products,
    Stephen is dead sound to deal with, I have purchased from him many times.

Cheers vectra

They look well stocked with a decent variety. Enniskillen might be a bit of a stretch but who knows, I could venture up one day if I found the time.

Cheers vectra

They look well stocked with a decent variety. Enniskillen might be a bit of a stretch but who knows, I could venture up one day if I found the time.

Parcel motel?

• Advertisement

Parcel motel?

I could but I usually like visiting places in person not the biggest online shopper in fairness unless I'm getting a bargain. :D With having the diesel now I typically don't mind travelling outside of Dublin within reason either.

Probably going to pick up the pressure washer up in the North as well if the sterling is decent when things return to normal finger crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭deisedav

PsychoPete wrote: »
    On two occasions I ordered from Autopia, they sent different products to what I ordered as the products I ordered were out of stock. Not even a phone call to tell me they just decided themselves to sent me different products. Had a nightmare trying to get a hold of them.

Never once a problem with D&D, normally have my order the next morning too
    Happened me twice too, absolute nightmare to deal with. Customer service very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

deisedav wrote: »
    Happened me twice too, absolute nightmare to deal with. Customer service very poor.

Great :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Got my order from Autopia today. 2 items were out of stock (even though the site said differently), one of which (Angelwax Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner) was replaced with a bottle of their own brand interior cleaner and a bottle of APC. The other (carpet drill brush) will be sent later in the week when it's back in stock.

Got my order from Autopia today. 2 items were out of stock (even though the site said differently), one of which (Angelwax Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner) was replaced with a bottle of their own brand interior cleaner and a bottle of APC. The other (carpet drill brush) will be sent later in the week when it's back in stock.

Typical.
    This happened to myself and my son on several occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I wouldn't mind but they sell plenty of good brands

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind but they sell advertise plenty of good brands

FYP :pac::pac:

Typical.
    This happened to myself and my son on several occasions.

More margin to be made on there own stuff. Places will always push there own brands before anything else. Usually why I ask about places and there own stuff on here. Person behind the counter or on the phone will say mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭theintern

I just checked on mine, and regarding the delivery issues, apparently they've had a load of packages go missing and they're resending. If you get the 'completed' email from them, it means it's scanned out and dispatched. That happened immediately to be fair, but it never showed up. I'd recommend giving him a call, to be fair, he picked up on the first ring and sorted it very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

theintern wrote: »
    I just checked on mine, and regarding the delivery issues, apparently they've had a load of packages go missing and they're resending. If you get the 'completed' email from them, it means it's scanned out and dispatched. That happened immediately to be fair, but it never showed up. I'd recommend giving him a call, to be fair, he picked up on the first ring and sorted it very quickly.

Not true. I got the "completed" email and it took a week for it to arrive from that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Never had any issues..the article I read reckons 120 bar is perfect for car

Hi - I have a C110 Nilfisk. What will be a good snowfoam lance attachment for this please?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Debub wrote: »
    Hi - I have a C110 Nilfisk. What will be a good snowfoam lance attachment for this please?
    thanks

Get the ones with brass fittings and clear or white bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Not true. I got the "completed" email and it took a week for it to arrive from that day.

Likewise took a week to arrive to me as well.
    They haven't replied to my email either regarding wrong products being sent.

Will not be using them again too much hassle better companies out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Just bought the swivel quick release gun for my K4. Been recommended by a load of the detailers on youtube. Look forward testing it out when it arrives Monday.

https://youtu.be/GEUSHIZya6A

Any folk on here do there machine polishing outside? Rare you see it on YouTube but not every one in Ireland has a garage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Technique

Bus Boy wrote: »
    Just bought the swivel quick release gun for my K4. Been recommended by a load of the detailers on youtube. Look forward testing it out when it arrives Monday.

https://youtu.be/GEUSHIZya6A

Looks good value for £33, out of stock on their website though.

Interested to hear what it's like after you've used it a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭deisedav

crasy dash wrote: »
    Likewise took a week to arrive to me as well.
    They haven't replied to my email either regarding wrong products being sent.

Will not be using them again too much hassle better companies out there.

It could take you a while to get a response via email. Better to ring mr helpful himself Gerry. Took me a full month last time to sort out a wrong item they sent and ended up having to get a refund in the end. Won't be making that mistake again. How they still think its ok to send out an item you didn't order is beyond me.

Any folk on here do there machine polishing outside? Rare you see it on YouTube but not every one in Ireland has a garage.

Yes,
    I have no option only do it outside.
    Choose a good day and away you go.
    I have had some fantastic results.

Yes,
    I have no option only do it outside.
    Choose a good day and away you go.
    I have had some fantastic results.

This video has after putting ideas into my head. The e90 defiantly could do with even a single stage. You'd have to go out of your way to make a balls of it with a DA im assuming ?

https://youtu.be/zm62usnRycU

On a site note I love that guys videos but I think he just gets too into it all a times. Love his M140i though.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭dsaint1

Speaking of machine polishing, I was about to buy a Das6 pro but it seems it has gone out of stock everywhere I've looked on Irish/UK sites. Cost was about €130. Any recommendations for a similar machine around this price? Cheers.

This video has after putting ideas into my head. The e90 defiantly could do with even a single stage. You'd have to go out of your way to make a balls of it with a DA im assuming ?

It would be very difficult to mess up the car if you pay any sort of attention to what you are doing.
    dsaint1 wrote: »
    Speaking of machine polishing, I was about to buy a Das6 pro but it seems it has gone out of stock everywhere I've looked on Irish/UK sites. Cost was about €130. Any recommendations for a similar machine around this price? Cheers.

Here you go >> https://www.in2detailing.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/2007/s/in2detailing-da8-dual-action-machine-polisher-in2200327779/category/136/

Imran is an absolute gent to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭dsaint1

I was actually looking this one but couldn't find any reviews. I guess it's pretty much the same thing as the Das 6 pro reading the description of it. Nice one...thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Technique wrote: »
    Looks good value for £33, out of stock on their website though.

Interested to hear what it's like after you've used it a few times.

I shall report back Wednesday @Technique :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Guys.... I park iovernight on my front drive that has some conifer trees on one side. I notice that. My trims along the windows are showing a green mossy Colour. You know the foamy part on bottom on the window that catches the dirt as it comes down on opening

How can 8 remove this green stuff and bring back the black to the trim...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Not sure if this belongs here, so mods please delete if necessary.

Anyone ever refurbish a set of alloys before? Picked up a set of wheels dirt cheap with the intention of refurbing them over the coming weeks.

From what I can gather, an overview of the steps are - clean/degrease wheels - apply paint stripper - clean wheels again - sand down from heavy to light grit sandpaper - fill in scuffs with filler - sand down again until even and smooth - primer layers x 3 - paint x 3 and then finish with clear coat.

Does that seem correct? Going to start ordering what I need online.

Cheers.

Advertisement