Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Nice. I'm a console pleb so unable to avail unfortunately. An extra fiver to Smyth's won't break the bank anyway haha.

Time to make the jump to PC I say! All those fivers and tenners start to add up after a while.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I never liked turn based, aside from maybe a couple of games like the old Armored Core and the more recent South Park 1. But in general, if it's turn based, it's not for me. So I said I'd give the demo for FFVII a go, as I'm interested in the world/lore, but couldn't do the combat.

Anyway, it's like crap hack n slash. Or maybe that's just the feel they're going for. Or God of War has set the bar too high. Anyway, it's button mashing with some real time "pause" to allow you to select something else. Shortcuts can be assigned, ie: L1 + whatever instead of pause, select.

Overall, I didn't like it. It's not turn based, but it's not hack n slash either. It was weird and I didn't like it. But do try it, pretty sure the demo is still available. Big download though, 8Gb.

It's not a hack and slash even with the short cuts, the original game wasn't turn based either though it kinda could play that way if you were quick and changed an option but in general no one waited for you to make a move.

The remake is just a more active version of that battle system, instead of just waiting until you gauge fill you can fill it faster with the basic attacks here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thanks. I might actually look into it. Is the demo still available do you know? I haven't played many turn based games but couldn't get into those that I have played. Maybe I just played the wrong ones as they turned me off them altogether.

Probably played the wrong games. In fairness Final Fantasy which most people based that on is never really has the best battle systems. X-Com, Persona/Shin Megami Tensei and Grandia would be the high bars for me with how good turn based combat can be. If you don't like them, you don't like turn based. I actually fail to see how anyone could dislike X-Com.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

They are closed tomorrow as well.

Thanks anyway.

Are they still doing online orders, if you'vr no other option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Is Gamestop going to be closing, then? Nothing about it on their website or twitter. Thought after Leo's speech last night they;d be shutting up shop. Worried about my copy of Resi 3 which I had already paid for in full. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Is Gamestop going to be closing, then? Nothing about it on their website or twitter. Thought after Leo's speech last night they;d be shutting up shop. Worried about my copy of Resi 3 which I had already paid for in full. :/
    If you are picking it up from one of their shops, phone the shop to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Didn't they class themselves as an "essential service"? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Didn't they class themselves as an "essential service"? :D

To be fair, they may as well be! We need something to fúcking do while cooped up indoors for the forseeable future. :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Call up Reggie there and ask him to stay open a while. That we're badly stuck :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

To be fair, they may as well be! We need something to fúcking do while cooped up indoors for the forseeable future. :(

Download

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Gamestop closed but say they looking at pre orders to be fulfilled. Up on their site since awhile ago.

AMD got hacked and some information might be released. Might just be pre release drivers or something but AMD are downplaying it whatever it is.

Information is for Navi 21 & Adren (Xbox X), no mention of PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Niska

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Gamestop closed but say they looking at pre orders to be fulfilled. Up on their site since awhile ago.

This be the message:

Disclaimer%201.jpg

So keep an eye on your email. Left eye. Right eye. Any eye really...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

What about someone else’s eye? I know a guy who knows a guy who can get you an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

What about someone else’s eye? I know a guy who knows a guy who can get you an eye.
    Eye see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Oh eye. Eye'll be doing that so...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Eye’ll move things along...

Epic Games announces publishing effort. Hell of a line-up for their first batch of studio partnerships - Remedy, GenDesign (The Last Guardian) and Playdead (Inside / Limbo).

100% funding, creative freedom and a 50/50 profit split ain’t too shabby. Glad some great studios are benefiting before those semi-endless (for now) Fortnite funds run out.

https://t.co/mNjPicxrY0?amp=1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Welp, looks like it's happening.

Gamestop to close over 300 stores.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2020/03/27/gamestop-stores-closing-2020/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Welp, looks like it's happening.

Gamestop to close over 300 stores.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2020/03/27/gamestop-stores-closing-2020/

"de-densify", god I hate business speak so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

pixelburp wrote: »
    "de-densify", god I hate business speak so much.
    It's the best way to continually maintain user-centric human capital and to quickly maintain intuitive collaboration and idea-sharing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

You do know that is the United States yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Plenty of previews for Gears Tactics doing the rounds today. And it actually doesn't sound bad at all. They're definitely doing things a bit differently to XCOM, but initial impressions suggest it works for the most part. Should be worth checking out on Game Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Shantae and the Seven Sirens
    releasing on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC on 28. May 2020 (in US at least).

So too lazy to make a full list of all the place they own but Future publishing who many of us will have seen printed on countless magazines over the years is laying off a load of staff.

GamesRadar+, Tom’s Guide, TechRadar, PC Gamer among other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Varik wrote: »
    So too lazy to make a full list of all the place they own but Future publishing who many of us will have seen printed on countless magazines over the years is laying off a load of staff.

GamesRadar+, Tom’s Guide, TechRadar, PC Gamer among other.

Pretty sure they've Edge too. I've always enjoyed their magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah. Not sure if a remake or remaster though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

NieR Replicant Remaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hmm, I wonder will they make the Gestalt version DLC post-release.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement