Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Pat Dunne wrote: »

Yeah they started out doing that (March 6 that article) but (a) they're Germany and France, we're Ireland and (b) since then they've moved on a little (the bans have been dropped for example), and European countries are even taking patients off one another.

https://www.politico.eu/article/von-der-leyen-slams-only-for-me-covid-19-response/
    The Commission threatened slapping Germany with an infringement proceeding — an official reprimand for defying EU law — before Berlin ultimately dropped its ban.

She cast countries holding up supply shipments as letting down health professionals on the front lines.

The Commission “took extraordinary measures,” von der Leyen said. “Since then things are improving."

Von der Leyen pointed to hospitals in border areas taking patients from neighboring countries and the EU’s new stockpile of medical supplies as steps forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Any of you lot remeber April 2010 and that Volcanic eruption. What has jogged my mind is that the weather was the same as now, sunny but cool with the wind coming down from the artic. I think airways over Europe and the Atlantic were empty. Arguments over whether it was safe to fly or not. At least then it was just the airlines that were affected. Yes, you really compare then and now but the memories. Anyway back to tube spotting from my back door with the empty trains and London buses passing with one or two passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Foggy43 wrote: »
    Any of you lot remeber April 2010 and that Volcanic eruption. What has jogged my mind is that the weather was the same as now, sunny but cool with the wind coming down from the artic. I think airways over Europe and the Atlantic were empty. Arguments over whether it was safe to fly or not. At least then it was just the airlines that were affected. Yes, you really compare then and now but the memories. Anyway back to tube spotting from my back door with the empty trains and London buses passing with one or two passengers.

2010? It's like a different planet.

Things started getting weird on planet earth around 2014 and the disappearance of MH370 onward.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Anybody see whats going on over dublin??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Calibration flight

GBX wrote: »
    Calibration flight

Explain?? sorry my ma is freaking out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

Army plane? Though it has UK reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

I’m in north Dublin and about 10 cargo/army planes and helicopters flew past my house in the last 5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

I’m in north Dublin and about 10 cargo/army planes and helicopters flew past my house in the last 5 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

nails1 wrote: »

Its the same plane going round in circles see my previous post attachment.

nails1 wrote: »

:D:D nice try im in D13

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Heard a plane low flying passed at least 3 times in the last 15mins. Army? Dublin 13 based too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Theres currently 3x Ethiopian aircraft within 30mins of each other all bound for Dublin. ETH574 eta 3:40am (B787), ETH500 eta 4:20am (B777) and ETH552 eta 4:30am(B787).

Wonder are these stopover flights to recover people from the United States?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

whodafunk wrote: »
    Heard a plane low flying passed at least 3 times in the last 15mins. Army? Dublin 13 based too.

ILS calibrations flight

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

ILS calibrations flight

And it just passed again. Thanks for the info. Flying quite low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Hogzy wrote: »
    Theres currently 3x Ethiopian aircraft within 30mins of each other all bound for Dublin. ETH574 eta 3:40am (B787), ETH500 eta 4:20am (B777) and ETH552 eta 4:30am(B787).

Wonder are these stopover flights to recover people from the United States?

No this is a daily thing. They are fuel stops as the high altitude in Addis Ababa makes it extremely performance limiting for aircraft so are unable to takeoff with the quantity of fuel required to get to the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just caught an Ethiopian B787-9 on delivery from Seattle to Addis, rather amazed that any airline would want to increase their fleet size these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭paulhardman

The first of the Aer Lingus flights to China to pick up vital PPE is on its way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

smurfjed wrote: »
    Just caught an Ethiopian B787-9 on delivery from Seattle to Addis, rather amazed that any airline would want to increase their fleet size these days.
    Suspect its more to do with Mr B's desire to bill the thing in the first quarter than any desire that Ethiopian may have for another spanking new airframe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,335 ✭✭✭✭Victor

ILS calibrations flight
    Up again now. For a moment it was the only aircraft over Ireland. https://www.flightradar24.com/VOR09/244a210c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

Anyone know the reason behind the FR flight EI-DHO from victorville to Reykjavik?

VW 1 wrote: »
    Anyone know the reason behind the FR flight EI-DHO from victorville to Reykjavik?

I guess it’s returning after having it’s pickle forks fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

EI-EAV .... on the way in ....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

and not long after the first Peking flight landed, EI-FNG, EIN9020 is now showing up on Flightradar, so expecting it to depart shortly, which will make 2 aircraft en route to Peking.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Anyone know what EI-FNH disappeared of FR24 on its was to an unknown location across the Atlantic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Never mind its showing on Flightaware as EI137 to Boston. Must be a glitch with FR24.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,856 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

not sure if this is normal, but there seem to be six (mainly cargo) flights passed just south or over ireland in the last half hour, heading to mexico city. is this typical for this time of day?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

not sure if this is normal, but there seem to be six (mainly cargo) flights passed just south or over ireland in the last half hour, heading to mexico city. is this typical for this time of day?

Don't think so, but cargo does not follow the same timetable as passenger flights, they can fly whenever (subject to airport restrictions), often outside peak times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Cargo flights are normally night time ops means the freight gets to the destination the next day/early morning.Whwn I worked in flight ops half the time of the year our operations were completely done in the dark.
    Summer time was the only time the flight crews operating the outbound sector would be flying in daylight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement