Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Multipass wrote: »
    All the Garda stations in the towns near me are long gone

If you are reading this and are alone and afraid - contact those in your area that can help - for example

Local District nurse
    Local Chemist
    Local Garda
    Local GAA club, Any local sports club
    Local Post Man/Office

There are loads of people you can contact.

However what I actual suspect is that most posters don't actual care and instead want to go against the powers of be and also wind people up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

I have a feeling that those calling for a "full lockdown" for the last fortnight will now be the same ones saying that "they're taking our freedom away".

No they'll be calling for it to be extended and scaremongering with suggestions it will continue for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

So hardware and Diy that don’t deliver are gone , and all the “ trade” counters too it seems

Quite harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭paul71

con747 wrote: »
    I have lived in the country most of my life, local gardai are long gone. And yes i know some have offered help and hope others follow everywhere it is needed as i hope will be the case.

So if the local Guards are gone why would you think there is going to be a problem driving to the local shop, but better yet if you are in a rural area like me, get up and do something to help your nieghbours if they need it

sterz wrote: »
    Here’s an idea: don’t f*cking run.

Nope. I take my instructions from the government, not from you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Monumental

marilynrr wrote: »
    People can and will assist everyone. I really hope that everyone is being remembered. I know in my local area there is a lot of help for the elderly and vulnerable, people have made contact with them before the lockdown to make them aware because the elderly may not use facebook or whatsapp.

An post will also be checking on the elderly and asking do they need food or medicine...do they have any messages to send out and systems have been put in place to relay those back to the shops/pharmacies/HSE they will also take their letters and packages and deliver them for free.

If you live miles from a shop and have no car surely you have solved this problem before Covid 19 kicked in

• Registered Users Posts: 85,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

d51984 wrote: »
    An ICU nurse in the Mater hospital who was put on life support after becoming ill caring for covid patients has died today...

RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I’m not going to not run (as I am allowed to do, despite your ‘stay at home’ protestations)

Says it all really. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Oh, sorry but i seem to have heard somewhere that i cannot visit my elderly father who lives 130km away or was i dreaming. Get real would you.

https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/guidance/vulnerablegroupsguidance/COVID-19%20Guidance%20for%20extremely%20medically%20vulnerable%20V1.pdf

It's literally for his own benefit.
    If you are over 70 years of age or have an underlying medical condition listed above, you are at very high risk of severe illness as a result of COVID-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Coneygree wrote: »
    No wonder the place is f*cked, the amount of people commenting here about the 2km radius. If ye watched the conference or read the tens of articles already online ye'd see it is a 2km restriction for exercise not for work or shops. People here must be exchanging brain cells for rolls of toilet roll.
    2KM ffs nearest shop to me is 6km away

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Would you get a grip on reality.

That is ironic.

Are you seriously suggesting that there will be no damage to economies with all of this?

I like everyone , don’t like these measures and I live in a rural area , but I’ll try and abide by them , I certainly won’t be on here arguing edge cases to justify my own need to get around the procedures

• Registered Users Posts: 7,261 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I think you miss my point. My run will now be on busy paths where distancing is impossible, whereas up until today it has been me in isolation. So in my specific case I am now more at risk of spreading the virus. I’m not going to not run (as I am allowed to do, despite your ‘stay at home’ protestations)

How nice you you too come out of hibernation for you to tell us that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I had to have a couple of parcels delivered to my sister’s house this week.

I was going to walk over there in the morning to collect them. About a 15 minute walk between our houses.

Are the guards going to pull up and ask questions?

I’ll be in my own - I have OCD and long before all of this I’ve been crossing the road to avoid others to keep them out of my personal space.

I’d be very happy to stay at home too but but I broke the remote for my AppleTV. That is is what I’m going out to collect.

15 minute walk sounds like it would be under the 2km limit so you should be absolutely fine. I'm guessing 20 minutes walk approx would take you outside the area (unless you normally tear along)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Sean 18

That is ironic.

Are you seriously suggesting that there will be no damage to economies with all of this?

People's minds will be damaged too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Polar101

Monumental wrote: »
    If you live miles from a shop and have no car surely you have solved this problem before Covid 19 kicked in

Public transport, but now it's "restricted only to essential workers and to people providing essential services".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,393 ✭✭✭irishgeo

All the criticism of the government.

The govt jobs is to have the best experts on hand and then act on the advice from the experts.

What's the point of hiring and paying experts if your not going to listen to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gnarbarian

Anybody know if coal deliveries are still aloud under this lockdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

BoatMad wrote: »
    So hardware and Diy that don’t deliver are gone , and all the “ trade” counters too it seems

Quite harsh

hope you got the paint and paintbrushes in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭blackcard

I think you miss my point. My run will now be on busy paths where distancing is impossible, whereas up until today it has been me in isolation. So in my specific case I am now more at risk of spreading the virus. I’m not going to not run (as I am allowed to do, despite your ‘stay at home’ protestations)

So what rule would you bring in to stop the spread of the virus?

• Advertisement

SO, even though you've just admitted, you are more at risk of spreading virus, you still choose to run?

:(

I sincerely hope you dont' pass any healthcare workers , maybe walking to their bus stop, on your important run.

( if I said what I really thought of selfish people like this, Id be banned from the internet, not just boards.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Genuine question but why do you have to run? Why not just go for a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Nope. I take my instructions from the government, not from you

Have you missed the odd social distancing messages they’ve been sending out? You just admitted that you wouldn’t be able to do that on your run now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,393 ✭✭✭irishgeo

gnarbarian wrote: »
    Anybody know if coal deliveries are still aloud under this lockdown?

Yes. Fuel merchants are an essential service.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

Polar101 wrote: »
    Public transport, but now it's "restricted only to essential workers and to people providing essential services".
    Sure, I wonder how that's going to be enforced.
    People will print themselves fake IDs like PSA security guard licences. There's no way to verify them any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How do you view the latest county by county breakdown for Ireland please?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

irishgeo wrote: »
    All the criticism of the government.

The govt jobs is to have the best experts on hand and then act on the advice from the experts.

What's the point of hiring and paying experts if your not going to listen to them.

IF SF were in power thought, the anti-government folk would listen to the experts...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

That is ironic.

There might well be no long term damage from this or there might well be a lot. The Irish government, the EU and the ECB have many tools available to them to mitigate any economic problems.

They say GDP will be down by x% for the year. It's sort of irrelevant. I'd be much more interesting in comparing GDP per quarter afterwards with GDP in the same quarters in previous years.

hope you got the paint and paintbrushes in

Was anticipating this , as were many , several garden projects now stocked up , paint , rollers , grow bags , seeds , etc.

Good for a few weeks , getting rest of stuff via amazon , which are still delivering about one day ahead of their own estimates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,555 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

China must not be allowed to 'rewrite history' on COVID-19

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement