Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,716 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Monumental wrote: »
    Run 2km out then 2km back . 2km the other way and 2km back ,still within the guidelines .

Run 2km, do a circle around the home, then run back home

I make that over 16km, unless you then want to double it by doing it backwards. Should be brief though so needs to be fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭marilynrr

con747 wrote: »
    Well if you live miles from a shop and have no car please explain how you go to the shop. Taxi's cost money. not all shops in all locations deliver. That is my point. You will have to hope people can and will assist you. Tell that to the elderly who are afraid tonight.

People can and will assist everyone. I really hope that everyone is being remembered. I know in my local area there is a lot of help for the elderly and vulnerable, people have made contact with them before the lockdown to make them aware because the elderly may not use facebook or whatsapp.

An post will also be checking on the elderly and asking do they need food or medicine...do they have any messages to send out and systems have been put in place to relay those back to the shops/pharmacies/HSE they will also take their letters and packages and deliver them for free.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

12th of April ������ people are living in fantasy land

How is the irish lockdown going to be finished before other European countries in the thick of it

It won`t be. The 2 week lockdown period until 12th April will be extended before that date and for as long as necessary afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭con747

Ace2007 wrote: »
    And how the hell have these people being surviving before Covid19?

By there families, what is wrong with you people?

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Jesus christ maybe they are scared or compromised, maybe it's not about impressing you?

I'm sorry,.... are you saying rocket surgery is not an essential job.......

Should I stay home tomorrow so.....

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Holy shit, reading some of the questions regarding the new restrictions on here, you have to wonder should we be more worried of the downright stupidity of people than this fucking virus.

I mean, it's not rocket surgery, is it?

Reminds me of this:

Levity is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Holy shit, reading some of the questions regarding the new restrictions on here, you have to wonder should we be more worried of the downright stupidity of people than this fucking virus.

I mean, it's not rocket surgery, is it?

Usually I’d put it down to people being wind up merchants but I think all those questions asked this evening were genuine posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

It won`t be. The 2 week period until 12th April will be extended nearer that date and for as long as necessary afterwards.

Right on cue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Don't want to get political but the amount of horrible comments leo seems to get from sinn Fein voters is very strange. The man is getting advice. Acting on it I'd say the government are doing a good job. It's almost unhealthy the hate some people have for them. There is no election and there might not be one for 4-5 years. So stop pretending Mary Lou and her new elected TDs. Could possibly have the connections and and experience the current government have. Good or bad they are the best we have for these times.

I'm a Sinn Fein voter, I've done nothing but praise him since this beginning of this.

Piss off bringing politics into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I haven't gone for a walk for a week now.

Sat in my garden and enjoyed the view and meditated ( sorry zoned out). Got the fresh air and so be it.

Get used to it, I have been practicing, it is our future for a while.

look the reality is leo and anyone else in government doesnt give a $hit about the Irish people, you would be very naive to think they do.

so if i want to go for a 4 km run i will, i wont be a prisoner in my own home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Delivered by who though?

Can’t get a Tesco delivery slot here to save your life.

There is nothing stopping people going to get food as long as
    * they do it alone
    * they don’t use public transport ( which they never used if it wasn’t there in th3 first place

What’s so complex

There are huge resources being put into home delivery at present , including large numbers of voluntary bodies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Great. Now instead of driving to a place that I can run or walk whilst not coming within tens, even hundreds, of metres of other humans, I have to walk or run on my busy local paths where joggers and walkers are cheek by jowl. That reduces spread how exactly?

Oh FFS get over it! It's two weeks! You are been asked to stay home and if you must walk within a 2km radius for a brief period of respite in the day ( a bit of air) it's two weeks - which may stop the spread of a virulent disease from killing you or someone you love - be a couch potato if you must, it's not that much to ask :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭kingshankly

deise08 wrote: »
    Should be automatic fines for people who share panic buying on social media it just heightens the situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Surprised that serious cardiac illnesses are excluded from the cocooning list.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

pgj2015 wrote: »
    look the reality is leo and anyone else in government doesnt give a $hit about the Irish people, you would be very naive to think they do.

It’s about time , people like u are jailed , and I hope u are, it’s the ultimate F u attitude of people like u that has these measures enacted in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Sean 18

Well if you live miles from a shop and have no car please explain how you go to the shop. Taxi's cost money. not all shops in all locations deliver. That is my point. You will have to hope people can and will assist you. Tell that to the elderly who are afraid tonight.

Our stand in taoiseach thinks we re all urban dwellers like him

I really hope you get arrested and get the €2,500 fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

people should get it through their thick skulls that we are all on a wartime footing at the moment

we still have the luxury of home comforts and food on the table, there is no ration books, your children are not shipped off alone to some place in the country to escape bombing runs

all is being asked that you stay at ****ing home for a few weeks, how hard is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

And their families can still care for them. Where's the problem?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

Nah since that. And you know that. Last week has been a joke.

The response to this crisis has been a joke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Lovely attitude there.

'Ive had my fun, and that's all that matters.'

Should be automatic fines for people who share panic buying on social media it just heightens the situation

And lets not forget they're partaking in it or decided to wander out for no good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I'm a Sinn Fein voter, I've done nothing but praise him since this beginning of this.

Piss off bringing politics into it.

Nah read the online messages. Embarrassing grown adults and lots of them abusing the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭paul71

Their not there. Why are you inventing tiny issues in response to a national crisis. The poster you responded aluded to the fact the GAA are already addressing issues you raised. I told you that Gardai in local areas know the people in their areas and will use descretion when they know they are 15 kms from the nearest shop. If you have such a problem with the issue, why not contact your local GAA club and ask if you can help co-ordinate food deliveries and liase though them with the local Garda station.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I haven't gone for a walk for a week now.

Sat in my garden and enjoyed the view and meditated ( sorry zoned out). Got the fresh air and so be it.

Get used to it, I have been practicing, it is our future for a while.

Nice if you have a garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

paul71 wrote: »
    The reality is local Gardai will be fully aware of that.

Local Garda? That went years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Was it explained what had caused the lockdown to be triggered tonight/at this point?

As opposed to a week ago?

Maybe some mention of ICU beds, or a particular projection they just modelled, or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

Is building materials essential items or are we looking at non of them being delivered at all. What about getting one's home ready for living if it's upside down and the patio walk way isn't finished for a disabled person

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

The selfish moaner edgelords around us will be the ones prolonging this pandemic.

Ye know who ye are, grow the fcuk up and stop being c.unts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement