Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'm just waiting for "Lottie in Lockdown", streaming 24/7 on RTE Player (good luck trying to watch it), then a 2 hour recap everynight on RTE2. Join Dancing with the Staff CHAMPION Lottie Ryan at home as she prepares for her daily showbiz updates by reading the Daily Mail online on her phone! Then watch as she dials into the studio and talks utter shoyte and nonsense with Jennifer Zamparelli as they attempt to out-flatter each other with their circle jerk gee licking (metaphorically). Later watch as Lottie makes herself a cup of tea to show she's normal - just like you and me! Lottie will also do some dancing in the afternoon in her sitting room before resting and updating her various social media profiles befoe doing a face time call with Doireann Garrihy to catch up on their day's gruelling schedules. Then settle in as Lottie rewatches her triumphant win on Dancing with the Staff and tells you the viewers that she's delighted for you to have the honour to make her richer for doing nothing.

Sponsorship opportunities are available, please contact RTE Sales for futher details.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I'm just waiting for "Lottie in Lockdown", streaming 24/7 on RTE Player (good luck trying to watch it), then a 2 hour recap everynight on RTE2. Join Dancing with the Staff CHAMPION Lottie Ryan at home as she prepares for her daily showbiz updates by reading the Daily Mail online on her phone! Then watch as she dials into the studio and talks utter shoyte and nonsense with Jennifer Zamparelli as they attempt to out-flatter each other with their circle jerk gee licking (metaphorically). Later watch as Lottie makes herself a cup of tea to show she's normal - just like you and me! Lottie will also do some dancing in the afternoon in her sitting room before resting and updating her various social media profiles befoe doing a face time call with Doireann Garrihy to catch up on their day's gruelling schedules. Then settle in as Lottie rewatches her triumphant win on Dancing with the Staff and tells you the viewers that she's delighted for you to have the honour to make her richer for doing nothing.

Sponsorship opportunities are available, please contact RTE Sales for futher details.

Follow that up with 'Baz Ashmawy tries to not kill his mammy' by wearing protective gown,gloves, and hand sanitizer so he doesn't infect her.

Or remember Nadia Forde's program on parenting...the one on the RTE player? (Oh, you didn't watch it... um...tough). Well now she'll have an RTE player show where she tries to protect her cherub from contracting Covid.

Oh... and then Eoghan will chime in with 'remember to listen to Greta Thurnberg...'.
    (God, remember when, a few months back, it was all 'don't use single use times, reuse,recycle etc etc' fast forward a few weeks later, it's 'throw everything away after you use it'. People are abandoning their pets cos of this Covid thing).

Oh and Vogue--Jesus, HOW COULD I FORGET?!!! She's doing adverts for a washing powder-RTE, you'll be MINTED!! (Call me).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Hats off lads.....brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

I'm just waiting for "Lottie in Lockdown", streaming 24/7 on RTE Player (good luck trying to watch it), then a 2 hour recap everynight on RTE2. Join Dancing with the Staff CHAMPION Lottie Ryan at home as she prepares for her daily showbiz updates by reading the Daily Mail online on her phone!

Then watch as she dials into the studio and talks utter shoyte and nonsense with Jennifer Zamparelli as they attempt to out-flatter each other with their circle jerk gee licking (metaphorically).

Later watch as Lottie makes herself a cup of tea to show she's normal - just like you and me!

Lottie will also do some dancing in the afternoon in her sitting room before resting and updating her various social media profiles befoe doing a face time call with Doireann Garrihy to catch up on their day's gruelling schedules.

Then settle in as Lottie rewatches her triumphant win on Dancing with the Staff and tells you the viewers that she's delighted for you to have the honour to make her richer for doing nothing.

Paragraphs Butter...if not too much troub...like above .

Yes Nevin, that’s the major and substantive issue with that post alright, not the content.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I am watching and recording the "making a cup of tea" episode, just so I dont miss anything

Technically you've just broken an actual paragraph into single sentences, and mis-spelt 'trouble'; but hey, feel free to cast aspersions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I am watching and recording the "making a cup of tea" episode, just so I dont miss anything

I'll be straight on twitter if she puts the milk in first, or leaves the bag in the cup....

There's a line...you just don't cross that line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

smurgen wrote: »
    It's absolutely pathetic. I can't believe they had her on crying about some online business and now she all of a sudden has a show.are they even trying to hide the corruption at this stage.
    Corruption would be the word used in most other countries. And consequences would follow.
    But in Ireland, it is called "business as usual" for RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,509 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Technically you've just broken an actual paragraph into single sentences, and mis-spelt 'trouble'; but hey, feel free to cast aspersions.

Easy there.

Fine words butter no parsnips.

• Advertisement

elperello wrote: »
    Easy there.

Fine words butter no parsnips.

"Wat colour are de parsnips, so to speak?"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,509 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Couldn't resist that one, not often such an opportunity falls into ones laptop. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,852 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Where's David McSavage's Joe Duffy when you need him?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Where's David McSavage's Joe Duffy when you need him?

Stuck in Amsterdam at the nipple clamp convention (NCC)

Yes Nevin, that’s the major and substantive issue with that post alright, not the content.

Backed off reading the content whin I seen the wall of print..It was very good when I tidied it up and read it.

Don't mention it ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Backed off reading the content whin I seen the wall of print..It was very good when I tidied it up and read it.

Don't mention it ....

With respect sir "why do you pay attention to the speck of sawdust in your brothers eye, yet fail to see the plank in your own"

With respect sir "why do you pay attention to the speck of sawdust in your brothers eye, yet fail to see the plank in your own"
    Really like that quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭garrettod

Did you read the article

“newsreader Anne Doyle, footballer Frank Stapleton, Eurovision star Johnny Logan, Mrs Brown’s Boys Star Rory Cowan, country singer Margo O’Donnell and World Champion Ballroom Dancer and 'Dancing With The Stars’ judge Loraine Barry.“

Logan, Cowan and Stapleton are nothing to do with RTÉ. No idea on Barry and ODonnell

Yes complaint can be made about RTÉ but no point complaining just for the sake of it

Why not count out how many of the personalities have been on previous RTE shows?

Thanks,

G.

garrettod wrote: »
    Why not count out how many of the personalities have been on previous RTE shows?
    That's a bit of an exaggeration.
    Personalities? Really?

Why would i?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭garrettod

Why would i?

Because it might evidence one of the many points that have been made, here on the thread.

Mind you, at this stage, I find myself wondering if you actually work for RTE, so may have a conflict of interest.

Thanks,

G.

Because it might evidence one of the many points that have been made, here on the thread.

Mind you, at this stage, I find myself wondering if you actually work for RTE, so may have a conflict of interest.

Well according to other thread I’m a Finbot, a job in RTÉ would top up wages nicely

You haven’t made a point, read back I’m fairly vocal on RTÉ and I have posted exactly what I think of all of them.

So what point have you tried to make? To be honest I missed it, maybe it’s glaring me in the face

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I am fairly certain that Stapleton was a soccer pundit on RTÉ

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Elmo wrote: »

You mean ‘pundith’.

;)

Not everyone watching soccer.....

That 2 x 4 plank of knotty pine ?

Pass me the lump hommer there Sham and we will get rid of it.

Sorted ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Not everyone watching soccer.....

I'd be one of those people and the question raised was RTÉ using people assoicated with them for a celeb show and the answer weather I like or you like it is, absolutely they are using retirees, former presenters and staff associated with RTÉ.

Anne Doyle ... Not everyone watching RTÉ news...

Anne Doyle ... Not everyone watching RTÉ news...

At the moment they do :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

George Lee, science correspondent on RTÉ, since when, this time last year he was up to his knees in cow****e in a byre in Roscommon!

• Advertisement

George Lee, science correspondent on RTÉ, since when, this time last year he was up to his knees in cow****e in a byre in Roscommon!

cow poo is scientific

Advertisement