Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tiger King [Netflix]

• 27-03-2020 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe this has been lost in all the noise lately, but, surely, I can't be the only one watching this?

It starts at utterly crazy and then just gets utterly batshyte. How did this all happen for real? How do these nutters exist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

Just finished episode 3. From ep 1 I was looking at them as mad but they're all cute fookers. The end of ep 2 was a holy crap this can't be real moment.

Have to say I'm enjoying it but I'd hate to have to deal with any of the characters in that show in any way.

Also lots of comments in the Netflix thread, think it's in the film forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Best documentary series I've ever seen. Amazing. Like heroin for the eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The first episode didn't have enough of a hook to keep me watching. Does it get better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

it gets abso-fúcken-lutely wild

worth sticking with

i've 2 left will finish it tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭roper1664

Mr E wrote: »
    The first episode didn't have enough of a hook to keep me watching. Does it get better?

I watched it on Wednesday, as it popped up as a suggestion on Netflix. Although I enjoyed the first episode, I considered not continuing, as I thought they'd just milk it. So happy, I continued watching, as episode 1 is just the tip of the iceberg. The amount of stuff that happens after that! One of the best things I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

it gets abso-fúcken-lutely wild

worth sticking with

i've 2 left will finish it tonight

I was a bit, meh, after the first episode, but, like you said, it gets so crazy. That funeral speech was one of the most WTF moments of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,819 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

If it was a fictional show for tv , you'd think the writers were on some fairly strong mind altering drugs when they were writing it !

Absolutely crazy , twists and turns , with an unforgettable soundtrack too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Mr E wrote: »

It gets soooo much better!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭roper1664

Best thing Ive ever seen on TV. Even trumps Abducted in Plain Sight ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    If it was a fictional show for tv , you'd think the writers were on some fairly strong mind altering drugs when they were writing it !

Absolutely crazy , twists and turns , with an unforgettable soundtrack too :D
    The song about murder was the best one imo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Arghus wrote: »
    Maybe this has been lost in all the noise lately, but, surely, I can't be the only one watching this?

It starts at utterly crazy and then just gets utterly batshyte. How did this all happen for real? How do these nutters exist?

only in america !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,819 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Notdeco wrote: »
    The song about murder was the best one imo :)

Lol , and in his opinion too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sos88sos88

Mam of 4 wrote:

Reminds me of Trailor Park Boys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Disappointed to read today that it wasn’t him singing on the CDs.

Disappointed to read today that it wasn’t him singing on the CDs.

Why would you shatter the illusion like that ðŸ˜

Caegan wrote: »
    Why would you shatter the illusion like that ðŸ˜

I know, sorry. I was gutted when I read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

That Carol Baskin is pure evil i tells ya.

Her husband with the glasses was such a cuck

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

ricero wrote: »

That b*tch down in Florida....she killed her husband for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭robwen

There is likely going to be a second season

• Advertisement

Wouldn’t that take a few of the others to go down first? I don’t think there’s been any further arrests since filming ended and the zoo and Antle’s Safari Park are still open. Unless there’s a trial or something else big like that, what would season 2 be about?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

ricero wrote: »

Prince Charles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭robwen

Wouldn’t that take a few of the others to go down first? I don’t think there’s been any further arrests since filming ended and the zoo and Antle’s Safari Park are still open. Unless there’s a trial or something else big like that, what would season 2 be about?

Jeff Lowe would probably provide plenty of material for a new season also Joe Exotic is filing a $94million law suit against Lowe and the US Fish and Wildlife Service

Also

Speaking to EW, one of the film’s directors Rebecca Chaiklin says Tiger King Season 2 could absolutely happen:

“To be continued,” she says after a long pause. “I mean, yes we have a crazy amount of footage and it’s a story that’s still unfolding. We’re not sure yet, but there could be a follow-up on this story because there’s a lot that’s still unfolding in it, and it’ll be just as dramatic and just as colorful as what has unfolded these past few years.”

https://collider.com/tiger-king-season-2-netflix/

Also from that article, Dax Shepard a great call to play Joe

But even if Tiger King Season 2 doesn’t happen, there will be more Joe Exotic on the small screen. Before the Netflix show premiered, a TV series adaptation of the podcast Joe Exotic was announced with Kate McKinnon playing the role fo Carole Baskin, from the producers of the TV series adaptation of the podcast Dirty John. No word on how soon that show might happen, or who’ll play Joe Exotic (it’s gotta be Dax Shepard right?)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Only one episode left :(

What do I watch after this?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Etc

Started watching this last night, finished episode 3 earlier today, it's brilliant, you just couldn't make this stuff up, anyone called Joe Exotic with a mullet like his deserves a Netflix series !

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

den87 wrote: »
    Only one episode left :(

What do I watch after this?

Louis Theroux did a 2012 documentary that features Joe, it’s on Netflix,
    also Rick Kirkham has a self made documentary TV Junkie on his You Tube channel...or you could watch it all again, I’m sure I didn’t fully process all the crazy first time watching, it came so hard and fast, so that’s what I’m gonna do.

I bet we'll be seeing plenty of Joe Exotic costumes this Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

i haven't watched it yet but saw the ads on netflix for it. was thinking i was going mad because i was sure i'd seen it before.... but its only new!!!

remembered a few things like he was a gay and living with a couple of lads and baby tigers and cross bred a lion and tiger..... a liger!

then it twigged with me!!! weird people liker him are alway on a Louis Theroux show!!!!

i'm gonna watch it soon though

The funniest/most worrying thing in the whole series for me was that he got 19% in the Governor elections. That's nearly one in every 5 adults in Oklahoma that voted, voted for him to be their Governor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

What an absolute mind **** of a situation, each one of them were as bad as the other. An awful way to keep such amazing animals

Advertisement