Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiger King [Netflix]

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,555 ✭✭✭✭briany

salmocab wrote: »
    Yeah it’s too easy to get caught up in the show and how dislikeable Carole was but in the real world he deserves to be in prison.

Yeah, Joe Exotic is an entertaining character, but objectively a worse person than Carole Baskin.
    I guess he couldn't come up with the two million needed to buy the pardon from Trump.

Should have made a gofundme.

"If you want season 2 of Tiger King..."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

briany wrote: »
    Yeah, Joe Exotic is an entertaining character, but objectively a worse person than Carole Baskin.
    .."

Well her ex husband might disagree.
    But yeah he’s entertaining alright. It’s an odd thing of modern life that someone like him can become so well known in a celebrity way whilst being in prison.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I found the whole show depressing and very grim, wish I saw sense and stopped watching after the first episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,555 ✭✭✭✭briany

Well her ex husband might disagree.

Maybe. If the allegations if her being involved with her husband's disappearance are ever confirmed, I'll probably review my opinion of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,349 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I guess she is making a fair bit of money now she doesn't need to be the focus of season 2 and have a lot of questions asked about her missing husband.

Tiger King Star Carole Baskin Quits the Series Ahead of Season 2

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/tiger-king-star-carole-baskin-quits-the-series-ahead-of-season-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,366 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Might be of interest, BBC2 have a Louis Theroux show on tonight at 9pm called Shooting Joe Exotic...
    https://twitter.com/ScottyRawk/status/1378993830742081537

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Might be of interest, BBC2 have a Louis Theroux show on tonight at 9pm called Shooting Joe Exotic...
    https://twitter.com/ScottyRawk/status/1378993830742081537

Anyone have an idea if this is being repeated at any point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Lillyfae wrote: »

Next Sunday at 22:00. Or BBC iPlayer.

M

Lillyfae wrote: »

It was fairly poor, about 15 minutes of it any use. The producers of Tiger King had exclusive deals with most involved with their show so Louis was very limited in who he could interview. He did meet with Carol Baskin.

Louis sadly has been behind the curve the last few years with the amount of documentaries being made for streaming and premium services.

His last big one on Scientology was hugely disappointing as others had done it better and before him.

Where he was once the main go to documentation on TV he is now just another among hundreds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Louis sadly has been behind the curve the last few years with the amount of documentaries being made for streaming and premium services.

His last big one on Scientology was hugely disappointing as others had done it better and before him.

Where he was once the main go to documentation on TV he is now just another among hundreds.

I actually think Louis missed a trick with Tiger King. Like he was on the scene first way back in 2011 interviewing Joe Exotic. But he missed out on the real scoop that Netflix later produced. I know the BBC would never have funded a 6 part doc on a tiger park but Im sure Louis could have found funding for the full story and grabbed the glory and awards for himself. By making this doc now he is just standing on the coat tails of the Netflix crew who got Tiger King out there.

I agree that his Scientology doc underwhelmed. But I still think he does good work.

I also don't think he is in the same market as Tiger King or Making a Murderer. Room for both.

druss wrote: »
    I agree that his Scientology doc underwhelmed. But I still think he does good work.

I also don't think he is in the same market as Tiger King or Making a Murderer. Room for both.

In fairness if he’d done Tiger King it would have been very very different.

In fairness if he’d done Tiger King it would have been very very different.

Agree. LT is an active participant on screen in his work, but editorially he is much more neutral than Tiger King or Making a Murderer type productions.

I enjoyed Tiger King, but there are aspects of it and MaM that are ethically dodgy. It's not something Theroux would make.

I didn't see all of the programme the other night. I caught the end and the interview with Joe's brother was interesting.

Agree. LT is an active participant on screen in his work, but editorially he is much more neutral than Tiger King or Making a Murderer type productions.

I enjoyed Tiger King, but there are aspects of it and MaM that are ethically dodgy. It's not something Theroux would make.

I didn't see all of the programme the other night. I caught the end and the interview with Joe's brother was interesting.

Yeah I enjoyed it but it felt more like light entertainment than a documentary, watched a bit last night and was enjoying it and will finish it later in the week.
    What I did think from last night was though how annoying carol baskin is still

He is still one of the best documentations out there for sure he just has more competition now and up against streaming platforms that are throwing billions at content and documentaries can be at the cheaper end of that to make so the are churned out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 2 drops tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Anyone watching? I've heard it isn't great (and I loved the first season).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,039 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Very hard to capture lightning in a bottle twice. Everything from the heightened expectation levels to having to draw on far less material when trying to do a follow up makes it very tough to do anything but disappoint, especially in the initial release - some sequels/follow ups have looked better a few years later.

Haven't watched any of season 2 yet of Tiger King for the record, so can't comment on that specifically.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Watched it all, its only 5 episodes. Seemed a little bit rushed compared to the last one, it threatens to go places but then jumps to a different storyline, never really lands the killer blow. Definitely wasn't the same level of crazy but a fair amount of crazy all the same- worth a watch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Finished it , just more comfirmation in case any was needed that they are all horrible people and this glorifies them to no end

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭billyhead

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

No not really it's just circulating around most of the same stuff they showed already I'm amazed they even got 5 episodes out of it

M

Yes not much in it at all that a quick Google of where the case was now wouldn't have told people. I suspect Netflix will be very pleased even if they get 50% of the audience of Season 1 out of it, budget would have been tiny.

New 3 part spin off doc arrives December 10th.

Tiger King: The Doc Antle Story

Advertisement