Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dark side of the ring

Options
  • 25-03-2020 3:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

The second series started tonight in the US with a double episode on the benoit murder suicide.. My god what a show. Quiet possibly the greatest wrestling show I have ever seen. This episode blew series 1 out of the water.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

Just finished watching it. Very well made but so grim. It's a hard one to watch but definitely a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I have ton of respect for Jericho and Chavo for taking care of David in this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,537 ✭✭✭✭briany

The Chris Benoit murder suicide is the most f'd up thing ever to have happened in wrestling.

My take is that Eddie Guerrero was the number one confidante in Benoit's life, and once Eddie died, all of Benoit's angst, all his problems, all his rage became trapped inside of him. He was lost in darkness. That, plus the brain damage, plus the drinking, plus the fights with his wife most likely lead to him completely snapping. When he came to, his wife was dead, and that probably sent him into a new spiral of disordered thought where he figured it was better for their son, Daniel, not to suffer the loss of his mother, and so Chris killed him as well. Then, filled with grief, sorrow, and probably a desire to somehow be reunited with those two he just killed, he took his own life. That's the chain of events as I think they happened on that terrible weekend. I certainly don't think it was premeditated, and I also think that if Eddie had not died, we'd still have Chris today as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,282 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Von Erichs is a bigger tragedy for me and seeing what happened that family.

They showed a good bit of WWE footage in the second episode.

Have the WWE supported this documentary series?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

They showed a good bit of WWE footage in the second episode.

Have the WWE supported this documentary series?

I'm not sure but showing so much wwe must have at least given them permission to

• Registered Users Posts: 13,537 ✭✭✭✭briany

It's almost scary how much David Benoit looks like his dad, especially when you see his face in profile.

I should say Vice are also doing an after show (Afterdark) about the episodes with additional scenes.

Chavo & Dreamer discuss the episodes with a host for 20 minutes.

I don't mean this to sound cruel but is David Benoit on the spectrum? He comes across as a nice lad but something also seems a lil off with him.

Davy05 wrote: »
    I don't mean this to sound cruel but is David Benoit on the spectrum? He comes across as a nice lad but something also seems a lil off with him.

More than likely.

However who knows what kind of Psychological damage he suffered.

• Advertisement

Next weeks episode is on New Jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just finished the second part of the Benoit episode and Jesus h Christ it's 13 years ago but watching the clips of the tribute show it might as well have been yesterday because I watched the Benoit tribute live as it was during the summer.

It's good to see His son and sister in law connecting again because both of them are blameless for what happened and are a victim just like Nancy and Daniel Benoit except they are alive.

Say what you want about Chris Jericho and some of his weird opinions on stuff but he's a good guy clearly. Also, dean malenko outkicked his coverage.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Also, dean malenko outkicked his coverage.

What do you mean?

Next weeks episode is on New Jack.

Mass transit incident here we come then. New jack was nuts and liable to do anything but in that specific incident I don't blame him and neither did the jury in the case brought against him and ecw as he lied about his age but asking new jack of all people to cut you is mental.

The people making this series were on Jim cornettes podcast and owen harts episode will feature his wife and two kids which must be a first.

Davy05 wrote: »
    What do you mean?

Did you watch the episode ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That was a very hard watch was close to tears on the Eddie bit as I absolutely loved him but the 2nd episode really rams home the truth of the whole situation just so hard on poor David and the families left behind

That was a very hard watch was close to tears on the Eddie bit as I absolutely loved him but the 2nd episode really rams home the truth of the whole situation just so hard on poor David and the families left behind

Yeah the end was really hard to watch but kind of nice(if that makes sense) as out a horrible tragedy they at least have someone who knows what the other is going through.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Still have to watch the 2nd episode but was Benoits sister in law involved in the wrestling business?

Still have to watch the 2nd episode but was Benoits sister in law involved in the wrestling business?

Not to the level as her sister but she was around it just not in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭cena

What channel

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Was there a thread here for Benoits death which have up to date reaction to it all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

The author they had didn't know much about the Wellness Program. What Chris Jericho said about it seemed correct. Benoit had a therapeutic use exemption and underwent testosterone replacement therapy.

There was/is always ways to get around the Wellness Program within the WWE even to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

There was/is always ways to get around the Wellness Program within the WWE even to this day.

Cough cough the big man himself Vince

I know hes an avid weight lifter and such but he seemed to go from a skinny guy to muscle man all of a sudden

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

Where can I get to see these episodes? What channels?

candycock wrote: »
    Where can I get to see these episodes? What channels?

Look 7 posts up. ^^^^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Haven't watched part 2 yet, but do they say why they did the tribute show?
    It happened at the weekend and if I remember correctly some seemed to know the details at least.

And what was with Perry being ignored?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It's up on youtube aswell for those looking

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Haven't watched part 2 yet, but do they say why they did the tribute show?
    It happened at the weekend and if I remember correctly some seemed to know the details at least.

And what was with Perry being ignored?

JR talks about them doing it because they couldn't not do something but they hadn't the full details of what had happened.

Well Chavo guerrero and Scott Armstrong got text messages from Benoits phone about the address and the dogs.

Perry Saturn ? I hadn't even thought about him until you mentioned his name. Didn't he go missing for a while a few years back ?

Advertisement