Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dark side of the ring

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,710 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

My likely version of events is him killing Nancy in a fit of rage, they'd been having troubles and he'd hit her before, then when he comes to his "senses" he decides Daniel would be better off dead than without his mother before finally himself since how in the hell could he live with what was done

It's all idle speculation really except it's known when they all died

Another sick crazy thing which was said in the episode was that he was 'looking up flights to get to the wwe event' after he done the murders

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭briany

My likely version of events is him killing Nancy in a fit of rage, they'd been having troubles and he'd hit her before, then when he comes to his "senses" he decides Daniel would be better off dead than without his mother before finally himself since how in the hell could he live with what was done

It's all idle speculation really except it's known when they all died

This is what I think as well, but to add to it a little, it's hinted that Benoit was suicidal, based on his letters to his deceased friend Eddie Guerrero, writing, "I'll be with you again soon".

So I think he'd planned on taking his own life, but could not see a way to do that peacefully. He was probably scared to die and of leaving Nancy and Daniel behind. Then he and Nancy have an argument, it escalates, maybe Nancy tells Chris to snap the f*ck out of his funk over Eddie, Chris sees red, kills Nancy, is then beside himself, but also sees a twisted way out where he, Nancy, Daniel and Eddie are reunited in Heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,408 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

As those of us who watched the Benoit double episode there was a line in regards to Kevin Sullivan and it appears there was a lack of communication or communication mishap so Kevin Sullivan will be on Jim cornettes podcast on April tenth to have his say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

New Jack's episode seemed interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    As those of us who watched the Benoit double episode there was a line in regards to Kevin Sullivan and it appears there was a lack of communication or communication mishap so Kevin Sullivan will be on Jim cornettes podcast on April tenth to have his say.

The producers said the reason Sullivan didn’t take part because he felt his participation would compromise Nancis family involvement.

Gonna watch New Jack later. I assume it will only further the opinion that he is a absolute toe-rag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

Kevin Sullivan has probably been the most respectful person in the whole thing from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

New Jack what an absolute scumbag

bot43 wrote: »
    The producers said the reason Sullivan didn’t take part because he felt his participation would compromise Nancis family involvement.

Gonna watch New Jack later. I assume it will only further the opinion that he is a absolute toe-rag.

They did but it seems since the episode aired on both sides there was a miscommunication of what Kevin Sullivan assumed the producers would say and the producers may have misundetood his reasons why.

New Jack what an absolute scumbag

I've not seen the episode yet but nobody has ever said new jack was a saint of any description in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The New Jack episode wasn't really any good.

Looking forward to next weeks one though The Brawl for All.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Whatever about him as a person, New Jack had a great, believable character. You don't see that too much these days, aside from maybe Brock.

Even though given it's still an open investigation and so people talking on the record sounded a challenge for the producers in their interview with Jim cornette the Dino bravo episode will be interesting because that's never added up. When I say never added up the fact that he was involved in certain activity meant we will never hear the truth unless someone talks.

New Jack no doubt has his demons and mental issues.

The incident with the guy who lied about his age is odd as new jack was on the right side really but he showed no remorse and respect for the family esp when the guy passed away a few years after

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭briany

New Jack is a real life GTA character.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    New Jack no doubt has his demons and mental issues.

The incident with the guy who lied about his age is odd as new jack was on the right side really but he showed no remorse and respect for the family esp when the guy passed away a few years after

I'm right in saying the guy passed away from issues around gastric band surgery and had nothing whatsoever to do with what happened that night in ECW. So while it's awful he died, I don't see how the two are in any way connected. Should new jack have payed his respects to the guys family when he died ? Maybe, but new jack doesn't strike me as that type of person but I don't see why he'd need to be remorseful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

I found that New Jack episode boring really. New Jack does a lot of drugs and promoters let him wrestle high as fcuk of course crap is going to go bad.

Brawl for All is a great episode.

Nice to see Droz on it.

Bart Gunn as well.

Brawl for All is a great episode.

Nice to see Droz on it.

Bart Gunn as well.

Yeah this episode showed a few things.

It showed that JR is still pissed that his golden boy Steve Williams didn't win and he can say what he likes but the brawl for all was meant to be a way to get Dr Death over but it didn't work.

It showed that vince Russo is fuller than a Christmas turkey and the years after his "success" have shown how bad he was and that vince McMahon for all the things you can say about him, he was the person in charge.

Droz seems to be doing okay all things considered but damn is it sad to see. Even all these years later D'Lo brown is still cut up about it.

Bart gunn sounds like sgt slaughter.

That's the nearest I've seen Jim cornette cry on camera ever when he talked about wrestling being the most important thing is his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Bart Gunn came across as a normal and nice bloke, never crossed my mind that Butterbean was an intentional burial. I just thought Vince got ahead of himself on that at the time and thought Bart had a chance against a professional fighter.

Jr came across as an arsehole shockingly.

Bart Gunn came across as a normal and nice bloke, never crossed my mind that Butterbean was an intentional burial. I just thought Vince got ahead of himself on that at the time and thought Bart had a chance against a professional fighter.

Jr came across as an arsehole shockingly.

Hard to knw is the Russo vs Cornette rivalry a big massive work or do they do actually despise each other

The brawl for all was an odd prospect but after seeing this I can see how it messed up the concept of pro wrestling toughness. Butterbean is a monster of a man and its scary how fast he won against Bart Gunn

JR can be a 2 faced SOB when he wants too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

For all the relentless negativity and venom spewed at Vince Russo from all corners of Pro Wrestling, I thought he came across as very reasonable and balanced in that documentary. He admitted he wanted to stick it to JBL and see him get his head kicked in, and if I was in that locker room in 1998, I would have wanted that bully getting whipped too. After all, it was approved by the muppet at the top anyway, and even JR admitted he wasn't totally against it. OK, the Brawl for All turned out to be a disaster for everyone concerned but hindsight is great. Russo even felt remorse about seeing JBL get clocked by Bart Gunn after all the known concussion data out there now. I never hear Cornette show any of that humility in all his years mouthing off.
    If Brawl for All was announced today for the first time, as a brand new concept, I'd be all over that. It would be great to see those lads try and fight for real and see who genuinely is tough. Kind of like how Lesnar answered the question when he jumped to UFC.

That's a good idea for a thread.

Which 16 wrestlers in the WWE today would you have in a 2020 Brawl for All.

Winner faces Brock at WM.

Bobby Lashley would be a strong contender
    Braun for his size
    Prob a few NXT guys on there roster and in development that would be decent

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Someone on Reddit posted this a few hours ago...

taqeppa08or41.jpg

You'd have to fancy Riddle from that, I'd say.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Someone on Reddit posted this a few hours ago...

taqeppa08or41.jpg

You'd have to fancy Riddle from that, I'd say.

Corbin could be strong enough in that too

Feels odd saying something positive about him

• Registered Users Posts: 28,784 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say Joe could be a tough opponent as well.
    Who's the guy at the back of the right picture?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'd say Joe could be a tough opponent as well.
    Who's the guy at the back of the right picture?

Tucker from Heavy machinery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Baron Corbin and Heath Slater both have won Golden Gloves for boxing. Jack Gallagher has victories in MMA so could be decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

How do we think Cesaro would do in there? I feel he's one tough mutha f'er. Strong as a horse too.

• Advertisement

Shelton would be a good shout.

Advertisement