Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

"Pandemic" on Netflix. Its about pandemics over the years and the anti vax movement.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

joeguevara wrote: »
    Shameless USA didn’t do it for me at all. Early to mid seasons of Shameless UK were some of the best entertainment tv there is. Shameless USA is a very poor copy. It’s as bad as Inbetweeners USA

I respectfully disagree. The US version is a scene for scene remake of the UK one at first but once it starts going it's own way it's way better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,512 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Finished Kingdom. Most enjoyable, a great find. Pity we will have to wait the bones of a year for season 3.

Now for Ths Last Kingdom, cant wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭spurshero

Just watched the Arron Hernandez story . Mad stuff. Shows having it all is no good to some .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I respectfully disagree. The US version is a scene for scene remake of the UK one at first but once it starts going it's own way it's way better.

Yeah, once it diverges from the UK script it's great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

White boy Rick, how many more times is corruption going to go on for decades , putting people in jail for decades.

It turns my stomach.

Watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Frances Ha, not exactly my sort of movie but excellently done, the story of an idealistic young woman who probably watched Friends as a kid trying to make it as a dancer in New York, keep a roof over her head and sustain a friendship under strain. Despite the arty talk, issues of wealth and class are right under the surface with these bohemians. There are comic moments but many sad ones too which the black and white treatment is well suited for. The script and acting are first rate and one of the coolest British songs ever written is featured:

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Ardillaun wrote: »
    Frances Ha, not exactly my sort of movie but excellently done, the story of an idealistic young woman who probably watched Friends as a kid trying to make it as a dancer in New York, keep a roof over her head and sustain a friendship under strain. Despite the arty talk, issues of wealth and class are right under the surface with these bohemians. There are comic moments but many sad ones too which the black and white treatment is well suited for. The script and acting are first rate and one of the coolest British songs ever written is featured:

Great movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

seligehgit wrote: »
    I thought season 2 of Dark was just so damn good.
    km79 wrote: »
    Going to give it a go
    I hope there is a comprehensive recap of season one Cos i didn’t have a clue at the time what was going on
    Recap's not good enough; is probably the consensus on the Dark thread. If you were clueless at the end of season 1, a recap won't have you prepared for season 2; there's too much to piece together memory-wise. It's much more enjoyable to watch season 1 again in its entirety prior to watching season 2.
    I'll be watching season 2 again before season 3 starts.
    It's probably the smartest show I've seen, it's intricacies unfolding like clockwork. Vorsprung Durch Technik, ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Recap's not good enough; is probably the consensus on the Dark thread. If you were clueless at the end of season 1, a recap won't have you prepared for season 2; there's too much to piece together memory-wise. It's much more enjoyable to watch season 1 again in its entirety prior to watching season 2.
    I'll be watching season 2 again before season 3 starts.
    It's probably the smartest show I've seen, it's intricacies unfolding like clockwork. Vorsprung Durch Technik, ya know.

Yeah I think I will
    Not like we have much else to do !!!!

2 episodes into Tiger King
    Rally enjoying it
    Had seen a few of the guys on Worlds most dangerous animals and those kind of shows before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Tiger King. Just nuts. By the time I got to the last episode, it was getting crazier by the minute. The yanks really are insane.

Highly recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Bus Boy wrote: »
    Great movie.

I was surprised by how moved I was. American films don’t focus too often on those who haven’t a chance of making their dreams come true.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,857 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

SeaFields wrote: »
    Tiger King. Just nuts. By the time I got to the last episode, it was getting crazier by the minute. The yanks really are insane.

Highly recommend

Absolutely crazy , only in America , great watch tbh .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,512 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Watched The Platform tonight, what an utterly bizarre film.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Its probably my favourite ever TV show. I've seen it four or five times at this stage.

The killing (original) and the bridge worth watching if you haven't already seen them.

I have watched both and the first season of Forbrydelsen is probably the greatest season of a TV series I've ever watched.

Recap's not good enough; is probably the consensus on the Dark thread. If you were clueless at the end of season 1, a recap won't have you prepared for season 2;

Yeah I stopped watching 2 after I couldn't not make head nor tale of what was going on a year later

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Freud season 1
    Eager to make his name in 19th-century Vienna, a hungry young Sigmund Freud joins a psychic and an inspector to solve a string of bloody mysteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,662 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

anyone know why only the 2nd and 3rd Lord of the Rings films are on Netflix but not the fellowship of the ring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Highly recommend

I started it last night and watched two episodes,crazy so far! I'll try get it finished by tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

Started Tiger King last night, also 2 episodes in. What an absolutely bizarre bunch of characters and just when I didn't think there could be more the accusation right at the end of episode 2 was a wtf moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

anyone know why only the 2nd and 3rd Lord of the Rings films are on Netflix but not the fellowship of the ring?

think they are all on amazon prime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Loved The Stranger and have also watched Safe, I’m really into those type of suspenseful shows. Anyone have any suggestions of something similar to watch? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

peteeeed wrote: »
    think they are all on amazon prime

They're rent or buy now, no longer part of the subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Loved The Stranger and have also watched Safe, I’m really into those type of suspenseful shows. Anyone have any suggestions of something similar to watch? :)

You may have already watched them but Line Of Duty and Happy Valley are the two that spring to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Lollipop95 wrote: »

Forgotten is Excellent. It's a BBC drama about reopened cold cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Forgotten is Excellent. It's a BBC drama about reopened cold cases.

Did you mean "Unforgotten"?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,947 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Did you mean "Unforgotten"?

And also ITV.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Yup Unforgotten and on ITV not BBC :)

I see there is a season four dew this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,947 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Yup Unforgotten and on ITV not BBC :)

I see there is a season four dew this year.

You're dead right It's an excellent programme though, that's the important bit. Nicola Walker is great.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Highly recommend

Absolute bonkers stuff. You couldn't cast it if you tried. A collection of shysters that were destined to go pear shaped. It was only a question of who would fold first.

Advertisement