Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,289 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

joeguevara wrote: »
    Pity. Definitely was there a few months ago and I stumbled on it by accident.

Friday night dinner is another I’d recommend. It is class but I watched it all a few weeks ago.

One thing I just remembered is that I recorded Black Books and green wing. They are on the agenda for later.
    Oh Jackie...you look nice!

I love love love Friday night dinner, can't wait for the new series

• Registered Users Posts: 32,289 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

New Spanish language film added called the platform looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

gmisk wrote: »
    87% on RT.
    "While it may feel muddled at times, The Platform is an inventive and captivating dystopian thriller."
    one of the reviews:
    "Watching The Platform in light of the Covid-19 pandemic, it is hard to conceive the film as anything less than a desperately needed and profoundly urgent humanitarian manifesto."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

gmisk wrote: »

I read a review earlier that sold it well...

"Galder Gaztelu-Urrutia’s feature-length debut is a supremely confident genre mash-up that fuses the mysterious-prison conceit of Canadian classic Cube with the tongue-in-cheek social commentary of Bong Joon-ho’s Snowpiercer before slathering it all with torn strips of flesh and buckets of blood."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Episode 3 of Tiger king,bat shirt crazy stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Hurrache wrote: »
    I actually watched in when C4/More 4 or whatever station broadcast it. It's great.

He's also in Cuckoo on Netflix, have only watched 1 episode so can't really comment yet as to its quality.

Cuckoo really surprised me. Wasn’t expecting much but loved it. 1st season starred Andy Samberg from Brooklyn Nine Nine.

If i was told that Andy Samberg was leaving because of work commitments I would have said that that would be the end of the show, but his replacement (long lost son in the show) Taylor Lautner was equally as funny if not funnier.

Standout in the series was Greg Davies ‘best friend’ Steve. The Diminutive crazy doctor had me in stitches constantly. Only realised watching entire thing again that the female lead changed in series 2.

The first 4 seasons I loved. The newer 5th one with Andie McDowell was a let down I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

joeguevara wrote: »
    Cuckoo really surprised me. Wasn’t expecting much but loved it. 1st season starred Andy Samberg from Brooklyn Nine Nine.

If i was told that Andy Samberg was leaving because of work commitments I would have said that that would be the end of the show, but his replacement (long lost son in the show) Taylor Lautner was equally as funny if not funnier.

Standout in the series was Greg Davies ‘best friend’ Steve. The Diminutive crazy doctor had me in stitches constantly. Only realised watching entire thing again that the female lead changed in series 2.

The first 4 seasons I loved. The newer 5th one with Andie McDowell was a let down I thought.

Interesting, that's exactly what I thought at the time so I stopped after series 1 (which was really good). You've inspired me to try the rest! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Interesting, that's exactly what I thought at the time so I stopped after series 1 (which was really good). You've inspired me to try the rest! :)

Oh definitely do go again, if you had told me I'd love Taylor Lautner I'd have laughed in your face - but it's true, he's excellent alongside Davies

Oh definitely do go again, if you had told me I'd love Taylor Lautner I'd have laughed in your face - but it's true, he's excellent alongside Davies

I actually think he was better than Andy Samberg. He could basically do anything. The one thing that struck me was how short Andy Samberg looked. It must have been an optical illusion standing beside the giant Greg Davies as according to google he is 5 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Going to binge on the English Game today...badly need a sports fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Hurrache wrote: »
    It's amazing, even thinking about it has me laughing, some amazingly hilarious cringey stories.

I gave in and watched it again last night. My wife never saw it before, she didn't know what to make out of the teddy story but she cracked up for the rest. I still got the same laugh out of it on rewatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,150 ✭✭✭✭km79

What this ?

I badly need a new series to watch too

I’m between Gotham (love Batman but fairly sure I tried to watch this before and didn’t like it)

Shameless usa - loved the British one

Sneaky Pete on prime - like the main actor

km79 wrote: »
    What this ?

I’m between Gotham (love Batman but fairly sure I tried to watch this before and didn’t like it)

It's about the early days in English football in the 1870s. Centres around the Old Etonions and Fergus Suter, who's believed to be the first professional footballer. I'm 4 episodes in now, it focuses as much on their personal lives as the football though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Good?

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Good?

Yeah it's a decent watch. Started Caliphate as well, Swedish drama about a planned IS attack. Pretty engrossed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Watched first two episodes of Women of the Night before i gave up - a bit all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Episode 5 now of Tiger king,it just keeps getting.more insane .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

It’s a brilliant watch. Feel like he was made the scape goat, all the rest were as bad as him and should have all been locked up as well.

I’m intrigued
    Is it another dragged out documentary?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

I'm on the last episode now, lot of crazy people /stuff going on.

It's well worth the watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

I’m intrigued
    Is it another dragged out documentary?
    So much going on in it I don't think so.

7 episodes but needed to see what the people involved are like.
    On the last episode now, for me it's a great watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Season 4 of the Last Kingdom coming in April.

Something to look forward to. ��

What this ?

Shameless USA didn’t do it for me at all. Early to mid seasons of Shameless UK were some of the best entertainment tv there is. Shameless USA is a very poor copy. It’s as bad as Inbetweeners USA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

Watching "The Bonfire of Destiny", a French language (with optional English subtitles and optional English audio) series based on real life events. Set at and after a theatre fire in 1897.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

A couple of weeks ago I had a quick peek at Kingdom, the Korean zombie series, but got put off by the typical exaggerated acting of its ilk, but some posters have bigged it up here, so gave it another go. If you like the genre, it's got plenty of action, and is actually very well directed. (Beautifully shot as well). It's set in the 19th C, so with 28 Days later-style zombies, instead of Walking Dead style, and little technology to use against them, the action and suspense comes thick and fast, with court intrigue adding to the story.
    506558.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Watched Self Made yesterday. It’s a mini-series with Octavia Spencer & produced by LeBron James about America’s first female millionaire. It was excellent. Highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,833 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Watched the first episode of 'The English Game'..

.. it's fine, but seems all very twee and predictable.

Standard underdog story but with some paperthin characters and dreadful actors.

I’ll give tiger king a go !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

seligehgit wrote: »
    I thought season 2 of Dark was just so damn good.

Its probably my favourite ever TV show. I've seen it four or five times at this stage.

The killing (original) and the bridge worth watching if you haven't already seen them.

• Advertisement

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Its probably my favourite ever TV show. I've seen it four or five times at this stage.

The killing (original) and the bridge worth watching if you haven't already seen them.

Going to give it a go
    I hope there is a comprehensive recap of season one Cos i didn’t have a clue at the time what was going on

Advertisement